diy solar

diy solar

My Friend Was Banned For "Self-Promotion?"

JunglePower

I recommended this site to an old friend of mine who has been researching PV shade mitigation.

I have no idea what he wrote that was considered "self-promotion" as his patented invention is not even on the market. He has been working on this for years and is still experimenting with it.

I am quite disappointed his valuable information regarding panel shading has been denied. Actually I was hoping someone here would volunteer for a trial. Silly me.

Say what you will, he is not the type to "blow his own horn!"

I recommended this site to an old friend of mine who has been researching PV shade mitigation.

I have no idea what he wrote that was considered "self-promotion" as his patented invention is not even on the market. He has been working on this for years and is still experimenting with it.

I am quite disappointed his valuable information regarding panel shading has been denied. Actually I was hoping someone here would volunteer for a trial. Silly me.

Say what you will, he is not the type to "blow his own horn!"

I'm 99.9% sure I reported him. His first post on the forum was 100% marketing and blatant self-promotion putting most snake oil salesmen to shame.

It was this thread:

He 100% deserved the ban.

A post describing his "invention" and asking for volunteers would have been received completely differently.

The members of this gathering of solar power experts have been denied a great mind.

I am sorry my friend displayed too much capitalism in his description of controlling PV arrays during shading. I am certain his was not his intent.

It's YOUR loss, not mine. I will remain steadfast with his invention and may even benefit from his trials.

My years of admiration of Will and his YT channel have been tarnished with this apparent opinionated misjudgement, My regrets.

The members of this gathering of solar power experts have been denied a great mind.

I am sorry my friend displayed too much capitalism in his description of controlling PV arrays during shading. I am certain his was not his intent.

It's YOUR loss, not mine. I will remain steadfast with his invention and may even benefit from his trials.

My years of admiration of Will and his YT channel have been tarnished with this apparent opinionated misjudgement, My regrets.
Oh, your friend is most welcome to come on here and assist with members needing help, or explain his invention, but he cannot advertise for market research or promote his equipment.

If he wants a Kickstarter review, or similar, he’d have to start there, and not promote it on this site.

Not based on his input on this website. Far from it.

Will's site and Will's rules. Your pal couldn't bother to read the very first sticky post in general:

If you really need to direct your rage at someone, again, I reported it. Give it to me. I guess sometimes I actually earn this:

1696722431948.png

Bottom line is your guy should be ashamed of such blatant self-promotion. I felt like I was reading words on par with these HHO nut jobs who claim a 7.4L gas engine can get 50mpg with a HHO generator on board... and this technology is going to be suppressed just like the car that ran on water and is too big a threat to big oil... blah, blah, blah.

His post had ZERO substance.

Encourage him to petition his ban and start his own thread. Post about his invention. Link to the patent, etc. Don't just jump into a thread and claim to have all the answers, search youtube for "blah, blah, blah." If his idea has merit, it will be discussed and challenged, and likely improved. If it's a bunch of BS, it's going to get mercilessly decimated.

You are aware that there a multitude of patents for perpetual motion machines, right? A patent is only proof that you can trick a patent clerk into believing your BS.

Never seen someone so proud on being a tattletale ?.

LOL! That's how you see it? Typical.

Ever heard of the word "principle." Look it up.

Self promotion simply isn't allowed. Yes. I'm damn proud of keeping out the riff raff and willing to give the OP a better understanding of what happened and why.

Just as proud of reporting someone for getting childish, losing their temper and start calling names. You still sore about that? :ROFLMAO:

LOL! That's how you see it? Typical.

Ever heard of the word "principle." Look it up.

Self promotion simply isn't allowed. Yes. I'm damn proud of keeping out the riff raff and willing to give the OP a better understanding of what happened and why.

Just as proud of reporting someone for getting childish, losing their temper and start calling names. You still sore about that? :ROFLMAO:
Face it, this is Will Prowse’s website. He doesn’t allow ANY advertising, promotion or company shill posts. The site stays pure that way.
At first he let companies make posts like that, but it quickly became a mess…

This site is fantastic. And preventing companies from using it as a big billboard is great.

Ok I'm trying to wrap my head around what this guy did vs every eg4, ss, cc, etc post I see when they announce a new product.

There aren't sponsors so that can't be a free pass.

Is it because the guys invention isn't believable?

I went and read the post (I have it on my screen right now) and I don't see a direct link to site. Just him saying

"You can find it on YouTube and LinkedIn.
Feel free to supply feedback as we are still learning.
"

I'm not defending they guy since I actually could care less about him getting banned just trying to understand what he did wrong exactly in case I want to report products being advertised on here by the people making them.

Our first clue was the phrase "shade mitigation". That was a show-stopper for me right there.
Afaik, panels produce electricity when the sun shines on them. Thus, shade is not something to be mitigated. No sun, no juice except mebbe for a little ambient brightness, but that's trivial.

Ok I'm trying to wrap my head around what this guy did vs every eg4, ss, cc, etc post I see when they announce a new product.

There aren't sponsors so that can't be a free pass.

Is it because the guys invention isn't believable?

I went and read the post (I have it on my screen right now) and I don't see a direct link to site. Just him saying

"You can find it on YouTube and LinkedIn.
Feel free to supply feedback as we are still learning.
"

I'm not defending they guy since I actually could care less about him getting banned just trying to understand what he did wrong exactly in case I want to report products being advertised on here by the people making them.
We delete this announcements, and send warnings when they try to make promotions.

All SS is allowed to do is support their customers through our site.

Also I like reading eg4, ss, cc, etc post on new products so not knocking them its just the first ones I thought of for comparison.

Also I like reading eg4, ss, cc, etc post on new products so not knocking them its just the first ones I thought of for comparison.
Usually you see regular forum members posting about them saying , "Hey look at this new thing!", and then the companies just answer questions from there. I do not see any companies posting "Check out our new product".

Usually you see regular forum members posting about them saying , "Hey look at this new thing!", and then the companies just answer questions from there. I do not see any companies posting "Check out our new product".
No... They often get sneaky and get someone to do it for them or join under an alias and promote the stuff pretending to be a customer or potential customer... I remember uno batteries doing this and getting flatout caught doing in on a golf cart forum..
I got banned from the facebook page for simply telling someone the Overkill bms he was looking at buying was also sold as a JBD bms by the folks who made them. as I have one myself. I still dont understand that one. Why would such knowledge be taboo to share?

No... They often get sneaky and get someone to do it for them or join under an alias and promote the stuff pretending to be a customer or potential customer... I remember uno batteries doing this and getting flatout caught doing in on a golf cart forum..
I got banned from the facebook page for simply telling someone the Overkill bms he was looking at buying was also sold as a JBD bms by the folks who made them.. I still dont understand that one. Why would such knowledge be taboo to share?
Be sure and report any shill posts ya see... that's not allowed either.

Back