diy solar

diy solar

My Seplos Mason 10.5kWh Battery Pack Have Arived!

I do, I have mine talking pylontech protocol over canbus to my Schneider Electric gear, seems to work fine!

View attachment 97113
My BMS from the Mason DIY 135Ah case is also set to pylontech CAN but my Victron system does not read it correctly.
Do you had to upgrade the BMS firmware or something like this?

Kind greards,
nerchi

My BMS from the Mason DIY 135Ah case is also set to pylontech CAN but my Victron system does not read it correctly.
Do you had to upgrade the BMS firmware or something like this?

Kind greards,
nerchi
You need to call the support, to know your best option. You probably need to build a custome wire.

Yeah, once I sorted the spam issue I'm chatting with Henry.
I will ask about shipping time.

I find that many Chinese companies are happy to deal with one-off quantities (Seplos being one of them) others won't even give you the time of day for less than 100.

EDIT Ordered 100A BMS, LCD, RS-485 adapter and shipping to Thailand USD 188, so the naughty AliExpress seller actually saved me money :)
Hey Crossy, would you like to share Henry's contact details?
I've been trying to get prices out of Abby for over a week and at this point it's just ridiculous. Such a hassle for buying a freaking BMS....

I was luckily transferred after my somewhat disasspointing ordeal with Abby, to someone called Blake and he was fast and efficient, already in the process of ordering :D

It would be interesting to see what Blake quotes you :)

Hi Dave,
I can go direct for small numbers,and if you want pay in Alibaba,I will draft an order for you in alibaba.
48V 100A BMS=125USD/pcs
48V 150A BMS=175USD/pcs
48V 200A BMS=215USD/pcs
LCD Screen=20USD/pcs
I have attached our specs to you in the appendix
Do you need adapter?Adapter = 20USD/pcs
Best Regards
Henry

There's also an AliBaba payment fee, 5% IIRC.

It would be interesting to see what Blake quotes you :)

Hi Dave,
I can go direct for small numbers,and if you want pay in Alibaba,I will draft an order for you in alibaba.
48V 100A BMS=125USD/pcs
48V 150A BMS=175USD/pcs
48V 200A BMS=215USD/pcs
LCD Screen=20USD/pcs
I have attached our specs to you in the appendix
Do you need adapter?Adapter = 20USD/pcs
Best Regards
Henry

There's also an AliBaba payment fee, 5% IIRC.
Same ish, 200a BMS was 195 though

I don't know why they are safeguarding their prices like this, it seems so weird that you have to actually talk to someone just to get a rought idea on what their products cost. I've sent them a message to their main email asking them to consider being more transparent with their pricing and just have it on their website, instead of one having to waste time talking to a sales rep

I don't know why they are safeguarding their prices like this, it seems so weird that you have to actually talk to someone just to get a rought idea on what their products cost. I've sent them a message to their main email asking them to consider being more transparent with their pricing and just have it on their website, instead of one having to waste time talking to a sales rep

They probably shift a fair few through AliExpress sellers (remember mine wanted $400 just for the BMS), there may be an agreement not to visibly undercut.

BMS price is list on the website, but you can expect small up/down everyday, that why it is best to request a quotation with shipping. be careful from my experience theirs ddp doesn't include vat. You will have to pay it on arrival. ;-)

BMS price is list on the website, but you can expect small up/down everyday, that why it is best to request a quotation with shipping. be careful from my experience theirs ddp doesn't include vat. You will have to pay it on arrival. ;-)
Where?

Sure, but just to at least get a ballpark figure - or why not just have prices up, like pretty much every other company. I don't get the point in obfuscating your prices like that. And spending a week on the first rep to then not get the prices I asked for (and she gave me the wrong price off by 20% on one of the products :S ) was just a horrible user experience...

@Home Made Power did you buy direct from Seplos? How did you contact them? They don't seem to be responding to the "contact us" page :(

EDIT I take that back, message landed in Spam. Always check Spam!

I want one of their BMSs but the stores on AliExpress are pulling the bait-and-switch, advertise for $250 with the LCD then send a message saying it's another $160 without the LCD. Order cancelled. Meanwhile they continue to advertise at $250 ...

Hi Crossy Yes I've been in contact for about 8 months, first contact from their website, I find them very helpful, but they do seem to be on a learning curve chatting in English especially in their technical department, sales team not surprisingly are much better!. I live in the UK so cannot be much help with your BMS problem!

Hi Crossy Yes I've been in contact for about 8 months, first contact from their website, I find them very helpful, but they do seem to be on a learning curve chatting in English especially in their technical department, sales team not surprisingly are much better!. I live in the UK so cannot be much help with your BMS problem!

No problem mate.

Ordered, delivered and working with comms to our Sofar inverter, very happy and it was less than 200 US including the LCD and RS485 converter.

Right, so BMS prices are there, but I was looking at their battery products which doesn't have prices for all of them. And the "Get best price" button on all products is rather confusing :p

Click "Get best price", pop-up has a pre-written message with the product you are interested in, you can edit it if you like to add extra detail (I didn't bother), fill in your email at the bottom and hit "Submit".

Keep an eye on your spam folder, the initial reply went to spam :(

Click "Get best price", pop-up has a pre-written message with the product you are interested in, you can edit it if you like to add extra detail (I didn't bother), fill in your email at the bottom and hit "Submit".

Keep an eye on your spam folder, the initial reply went to spam :(

Yeah I know, I've been through the whole ordeal and eventually ordered, I really just dislike this way of purchasing. Imagine you having to go through this every time you buy something online....

Yeah I know, I've been through the whole ordeal and eventually ordered, I really just dislike this way of purchasing. Imagine you having to go through this every time you buy something online....

It does seem to depend upon which rep you get, "Henry" was 100% and the "best price" for my BMS was (just) less than the price on the site.

It does seem to depend upon which rep you get, "Henry" was 100% and the "best price" for my BMS was (just) less than the price on the site.
I'd rather just have the full information available on the website, like a proper webshop, be able to add any opt-in items and chose my delivery upon checkuot. Ideally wouldn't need to have to converse with a person to purchase something simple like this. And if in doubt then you could always reach out.

I'd rather just have the full information available on the website, like a proper webshop, be able to add any opt-in items and chose my delivery upon checkuot. Ideally wouldn't need to have to converse with a person to purchase something simple like this. And if in doubt then you could always reach out.
problem is that prices are fluctuating so much due to resource and shipping issues/availability that by the time they put up pricing, itś outdated

problem is that prices are fluctuating so much due to resource and shipping issues/availability that by the time they put up pricing, itś outdated

So other webshops around the world are just what? Basing their pricing on magic and hoping for the best? ?

So other webshops around the world are just what? Basing their pricing on magic and hoping for the best? ?
seplos is a manufactorer, not a reseller.
their business is building batteries and bms'es , not webshop management

diy solar

diy solar
Back