diy solar

diy solar

Need 24KW of panels - got any online deals?

mmonaco

So i have been looking at panels/prices over the last couple months and am ready to purchase. I have empty racking that fit about 24kW of panels.

It looks like Santan has used panels for about $.20 a watt, Signature Solar has new panels for a little under $.30. I tried to purchase through Inxeption and they are unreachable.

Any other deals i should know about before i purchase? It's time to fill that rack up!

Thanks in advance!

What size are you looking for? 300/400/550W?

It really does not matter. I have the pier pipe and the cross pipes installed, so the size of the panel will determine the amount and length of rails i need to buy. The original plan was for 60 400w panels, but i am flexible. Looking at the numbers, without adding batteries, i will save about $20 a day on utility bills in the summer, so it's an easy purchase. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any deals before i purchase.

been watching it for months but you seem to already have said the prices I see.
haven't seen any other crazy deals

~$0.199

$0.29 to $0.232 (with the bifacial gain)

pretty nice prices though

I feel for you guys in the USA, you pay way way more per panel / per Watt than we do here in the UK, presume because of import restrictions from the Government. We pay £2056 for a crate of 36x Aiko 445 Watt all black panels, delivered including taxes, that's around US $2376

I feel for you guys in the USA, you pay way way more per panel / per Watt than we do here in the UK, presume because of import restrictions from the Government. We pay £2056 for a crate of 36x Aiko 445 Watt all black panels, delivered including taxes, that's around US $2376

This is about $0.148 per watt. Not bad. I considered a similar price, but in the end I paid $0.21 per watt here in Poland ($3597 for 29 585W Jinko Bifacial panels delivered) . Why pay more? I with the cost of the ground mount included in the per watt price the bigger panels suddenly become more economical. Also I wanted to try bifacial panels.

Looking at the latest quotes I got from China when I was checking ($0.19 for 565W bifacial Jinko). Even with a 50% tariff that's slightly below $0.3 per watt. Add a cost of shipping and these $0.21 prices shown by gotbeans above look unbelievably good. If they import these panels, how much are they buying them for?

How much are panels made in US?

It really does not matter. I have the pier pipe and the cross pipes installed, so the size of the panel will determine the amount and length of rails i need to buy. The original plan was for 60 400w panels, but i am flexible. Looking at the numbers, without adding batteries, i will save about $20 a day on utility bills in the summer, so it's an easy purchase. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any deals before i purchase.
Well if you want max watt per dollar hard to ignore these Aptos 370W bifacials for $103.60 including shipping. Just ordered 10, last day of free shipping for over $1k orders. Though for 24kPV worth I'm sure free shipping includes won't be a problem. They have pallets for $2982, grab two of those you should be basically at your 24kWP.

Screenshot_20240531_063417_Chrome.jpg

Two pallets of this:

$3500, got one pallet 2 weeks ago without taxes or shipping, which seemed like a decent deal to me.

Similar deal:

Shipping (and possibly taxes) made this about the same price as the previous deal, but maybe you can pick them up and save shipping cost if a warehouse near you has them.

There is a per panel cost, so buying higher power fewer panels is usually overall cheaper for the system, particularly if you need to do RSD boxes, optimizers, microinverters, etc.

I was shocked at how relatively unprotected the panels are in the pallet. From glass surface to outside of pallet was just a double walled cardboard layer, that's it. I would have expected maybe a few more layers of cardboard on that side. The pallet has a wood base, but the rest of it is just cardboard, at least for CanadianSolar panels.

Also, the panels come on edge, not stacked flat. This makes getting one panel out of the stack a little tricky since you don't want the rest of them to domino over.

Mike C.

I just ordered a pallet of 36 brand new znshine 370w for 2700 shipped. Buycheapsolar dot com.
Link:

It is a pallet of 31 plus 5 added on top, which is a bit weird. Why are they doing that?

Shipping and 3.5% credit card fee takes some of the shine off the price. They won't tell you shipping up front until after you place the order. Boo.

Mike C.

Inxeption.com does not have the easiest site to use, but can find good deals on Pallets or more of panels.

I ordered 6 pallets of Jinko 440w type N single sided on Alibaba for something like 22c/W DDP to USA. I'm not in a rush. We'll see what happens...I had the transaction put into two payments so I could put it on credit card.

Thanks for all the links everyone! I'm calling buycheapsolar tomorrow. Perhaps if they stock in Vegas i'll take a trip out there with my wife. A road trip actually sounds good right now...

I really tried with inxeption. Checked spam and their website. I think they are on hospice. And although i haven't bought anything from signaturesolar yet, i definitely will in the future. They have been super fast to respond to me with some quotes in the past.

Thanks for all the links everyone! I'm calling buycheapsolar tomorrow. Perhaps if they stock in Vegas i'll take a trip out there with my wife. A road trip actually sounds good right now...

I really tried with inxeption. Checked spam and their website. I think they are on hospice. And although i haven't bought anything from signaturesolar yet, i definitely will in the future. They have been super fast to respond to me with some quotes in the past.
I'm grabbing my pallet from the saia terminal today. Excellent to work with.

Back