diy solar

diy solar

need a little help

i had an excellent crimp on the cables and battery is 52.9....... what gives?????? yes i tried the built in fuses in the unit. they were not tripped. tried wiggling wires... nothing..... so frustrating.

good news is the solar panels are in town at SAIA trucking and i have a 3pm appointment to go pick them up... sadly it does no good if my PIP is junk from the factory.

Oh My GOSH it finally powered on!!! yes!!!!. I turned the battery off for 5 minutes and turned it on again and the unit powered up. Possibly the capacitors needed to be charged for the unit to work and they finally got full of juice? don.t know....... all i know is it works and i am so happy.

Bed time.. i have got my alarm set for 4:30am for work. I will set up of the pip settings tomorrow in the settings mode. I will also pick up the solar panels tomorrow and post some picks... already sure i will add another 6 panels for a total of 3750 watts of solar(4000 max for this inverter) running 3s5p for a total of 15 of the 250 watt panels into this inverter .... probably going to add 2 more of these 48v big battery packs to my system also..

having all kinds of problems here. the unit failed to power up and took 4 times at lunch to turn on. not sure if the connector is crimped enough from big battery. may half to take it apart and crimp it again. hope this fixes the problem. when it comes on it works fine. i should be able to flip the battery switch and the pip comes right on... frustrating

more problems. got the 9 solar panels.. they look great and beefy. all already have connectors on the end. the bottom one is broke thou so i only have 8 working panels now. looks like the forklift tilted up and got into one of them in shipping. it was the bottom one. they were shipped face down and lots of glass on the cardboard. the broken one is very floppy and warped... like a windshield20200619_155642.jpg that is broke but still together. cant use it. it will bow in and hold water like a pool.

I am super impressed with the panels thou. I will order more from the same guy 3s5p for a total of 15 panels and 3750 watts..( my unit has a max of 4000 input). look like i will need 6 more panels and one replacement ordered.

the cable that came with the battery was double ended. i had to remove one end to put on the batteries eyelet to connect to the pip. one cable popped right out with little tug. i think and hope this is the problem with power not working 100 percent20200619_174206.jpg of the time

Back