diy solar

diy solar

Need BMS for eve 280 cells

Does anyone know if SEPLOS allows their active balance board to start at a certain voltage or is it on all the time?
yes if conected to there BMS 3 via the dry point conector

Seplos Active Balance Board can either be used separately or compatible with Seplos BMS 3.0. When reaching a threshold, BMS sends signals, and the balance board starts work. Thus to keep consistency of all cells in the battery pack. The board gets energy from the battery pack, and 3 circuits can be activated at the same time. Each circuit offers a 2A balance current.

If you do a bunch of additional work, somewhere there's a post about it.

I got them to communicate with SA fairly easily. That's all I'm concerned about since I run open loop.

Edit to add they do have an inverter BMS, I have no experience with it.
All my overkill’s run with SA also using the usb to 485 adapter.
Ok. Well everyone seems to be waving off the seplos v3.

is there a reason not to pull 300, rarely would but seems like an option.
My preference is to be very conservative on those type of cells, which if I remember correctly recommend a .5C rate for charge and discharge. There are automotive grade cells which can take higher discharge rates but these unmatched Grade B cells I prefer to treat more gingerly. My LF280s show greater voltage drop when loaded than my Winston or Headway cells did.

My preference is to be very conservative on those type of cells, which if I remember correctly recommend a .5C rate for charge and discharge. There are automotive grade cells which can take higher discharge rates but these unmatched Grade B cells I prefer to treat more gingerly. My LF280s show greater voltage drop when loaded than my Winston or Headway cells did.
Def bigger battery bank with the grade Bs seems to be the sensible approach... as you say treat them gingerly..

LOL, and he should report back on his results after six months.
lol. I’m just thinking worst case. For example you need 300-400 amps to start a XWPro for example…I think. Seems like one battery could pull that off. The 18650 store has them listed as 1C

For example you need 300-400 amps to start a XWPro for example…I think.
I have never heard that about XWPro. At 50 volts that would be 15,000 Watts or 20,000 Watts? I could not find any info on startup current bu discharge current maximum 185 Amps. Are you talking about a much larger XWPro?

Last edited:
I have never heard that about XWPro. At 50 volts that would be 15,000 Watts or 20,000 Watts?
I remember people needed 3 100ah EG4LL batteries to get them started in the past, discussed on this forum. Think in their manual it states similar.

Back