diy solar

diy solar

New BMS from IC GOGOGO Store / E&J Technology Group

Chargery quickly became a no-go as my charge and discharge cables are the same.
While it can be adjusted to work with it.. it makes no sense.
I ended up getting the Chargery BMS8T for hooking up a LV2424 All In One to a 24v * 280 Ah LiFePO4 set with same charge and discharge cables situation. Wondering what my best relay configuration might be, and even if any relay would work; I am lately (just yesterday) thinking my best relay option might be an AC Relay between my All In One AC output and my AC Circuit Breaker Box. I think turning off all AC load would be the same as only turning the inverter OFF while leaving the MPPT solar charger ON; to back up protect battery from one cell getting too low (the biggest LiFePO4 cell killer danger according to a lesson I got from Will).

Last edited:
@fhorst, really appreciate all your contributions on this BMS thread.
I placed an order for 2 B1A24S-15P of these new BMS back on March 15 based on your contributions.
They just shipped this week ( 7 weeks later)
Supplier made no mention why, other than factory supply late
(Was it due to COVID or some Factory design changes?)
My expected use-model isn't as aggressive as yours, so I am hoping to avoid your experiences.
Appreciate your confidence in the base capability of this BMS and all the notes you have posted

I've just installed mine today, seems like it was working good for the first 3-4 hours, but after that it's not giving me an accurate reading. Lot's of cells protection delays for unknown reasons., I'm charging with the inverter at 20-22 amps each (2in parallel) 2 battery banks, and amps showing is fluctuating, but the actual number is steady at 21 amps.

Attachments

• 657BAA39-4289-4F29-A28F-947F09C25379.jpeg
    657BAA39-4289-4F29-A28F-947F09C25379.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 84757F77-0D5D-4347-94D1-16B0F9A022A9.jpeg
    84757F77-0D5D-4347-94D1-16B0F9A022A9.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 24
  • D094483B-CF43-4F82-B419-30A0CF278E41.jpeg
    D094483B-CF43-4F82-B419-30A0CF278E41.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 53BEC682-0FA4-40C6-9C50-E58FBFE4E21E.jpeg
    53BEC682-0FA4-40C6-9C50-E58FBFE4E21E.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 7EF2FAA0-80FB-4D08-B1E7-95D9CE61663B.jpeg
    7EF2FAA0-80FB-4D08-B1E7-95D9CE61663B.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 26
Yes, looks like perfectly normal too me.

A few of your screens show that the BMS go into overcharge protection.

I'm not sure what settings you used.

There are 2 settings you need to do manually.

First one is the total capacity
Second one is the total voltage for calibration.

Naturally, the top you want to charge, and the lowest you want to discharge.

It seems that the cells are fully charged.

As you are aware it changes from CC (constant current) to CV (Constantly Voltage)

If your charger still pushing 20A...
You will have pillows soon!!!

Does your charger /MPPT / hybrid have lifepo4 settings???
The amps output shown by the inverter doesn't have to be exact.
In our new world of "super capacitors" that are being used more and more to buffer the demand there are peaks and lower.

The active balancer BMS have also 2 of those.

With 2 different inverters in 2 different battery banks with one BMS??
(Or 2)
Depending on the charge and recharge and discharge of the capacitors you should expect to see fluctuations.

Your BMS thinks you are at 100% capacity..

Depending on your settings, 3.378v shown in the charge screen is really close to 100%, little over 99%...

Your charger should be lowering it's Amperage!!

SOC Cell V
100.00% 3.650
99.50% 3.450
99.00% 3.375
96.00% 3.363
90.00% 3.350
80.00% 3.325
70.00% 3.300
60.00% 3.275
50.00% 3.263
40.00% 3.250
30.00% 3.225
20.00% 3.200
14.00% 3.150
9.50% 3.000
5.00% 2.800
0.00% 2.500

I've charged a cell wrong by feeding it CC..
3.4A for 152Ah cell.
5 or 6 Hours too long was all it took
(Around 3.5v)

Last edited:
I had my charger set for 56v or 3.5v per cell and my bms at 3.55v.. It did charge 78amps during sun hours (4-5 hours) and then I set the inverter to charge two packs at 40 amps, around midnight charging was done so I set it up for inverting, it took 95ah out of each packs from 12am to 7am. Wait for it!!!! Poof inverter going crazy bms failure on bank1and2. Same as yours cell 1,15,16,. Both of them, coincidence!

Attachments

• 3E076BFE-0E96-43DE-852B-7F9134CA6062.png
    3E076BFE-0E96-43DE-852B-7F9134CA6062.png
    341.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 50C9D10B-197C-4E2A-876B-75D2E76D3EAA.png
    50C9D10B-197C-4E2A-876B-75D2E76D3EAA.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 171FEC1E-9733-4C57-8648-1A0411680B44.png
    171FEC1E-9733-4C57-8648-1A0411680B44.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 7824F138-47C5-463D-838B-9F977FBB8E5D.png
    7824F138-47C5-463D-838B-9F977FBB8E5D.png
    135 KB · Views: 26
  • 1427D82F-7F9C-4D35-9449-F21F90BE9E34.png
    1427D82F-7F9C-4D35-9449-F21F90BE9E34.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 3FAD0B78-2860-4BA9-93C8-BA03736FCEF9.jpeg
    3FAD0B78-2860-4BA9-93C8-BA03736FCEF9.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 24
  • D6E14FBE-BD10-48C4-AEC6-EEEFD2D83986.jpeg
    D6E14FBE-BD10-48C4-AEC6-EEEFD2D83986.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
@Denis Bummer! I was hoping yours would've worked out. Sounds like this BMS needs to be avoided with a ten foot pole. Interested to see if you end up switching to a different BMS. Good luck.

Really sad to read this!!!

During the time that it worked I was really happy about it.
Sadly way to short.

I have "WeChat" contact with the factory and IC GOGOGO store and posted to them the link of the post above with your error +

"
An other Active Balancer BMS with exactly the same errors I had...

I hope you will give him swift and good professional support.

You must understand that you are selling key component, without it can not work.
And that people are relying on it.

Sending out replacement to guarantee the users usability would show of understanding of the nature of the business you are in.

Sending to China, let you test, maybe repair and send back will take 6 to 8 weeks.

If you ask this from your buyer's, please turn if electricity in your factory for that same time to show solidarity with your products users.

(Or in kitchen terms: cook, eat your own dog food" :) )"

Probably would not help anything..
But never hurts to push a little.

My solution was to return, buy a big ass Daly BMS and a separate active balancer.
I was hoping it would show information about the capacity and state of charge. Sadly, it doesn't.
But, the balance go OK, plus the insight of the voltage per cell via BT.

I'm not going with the same thing. I will have to find another, right now I've got everything hooked up without a bms and it seems to be ok. I read on another forum that this guy preferred not to have a bms, he says that where your battery problem starts,. I found a chart for reference purpose to charge the cells and I've adjusted my inverter to follow this advice. I've sent icgogogo store the info and pictures, I will see what they offer.

Attachments

• 5C4C1392-58E0-491B-B52A-0CA5E5F71A2B.png
    5C4C1392-58E0-491B-B52A-0CA5E5F71A2B.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 28
the damage to the cells is there.
And while I like that they would replace them, I understand that's not realistic.
Sorry to read about your BMS mishap/ as in roll of dice turning sour. Looked good at the beginning. Re: "I like that they would replace them"; Was that an offer to replace your LiFePO4 batteries/ possibly from same company that sold you the bummer BMS?
If so, Why not take em up on that ? extra shipping on you? Hope the one that coming might make set look like it has good life left. Best Wish for me in Northern Calif. Thanks for sharing your learning curve lessons.

Lol...
I like that they will give me a gold bar.
I like that they make free energy...

No.
They didn't offer anything, I had to fight for it.

Even now, the defective BMS is back at them for several days but they haven't released the refund yet from AliExpress.

IC GOGOGO store is getting a bad reputation.
But...
Not many other stores sell their products.

I haven't seen other sellers offer the ANT BMS, or Chargery....

Naturally, I didn't look the last 6 or 8 weeks. But it seemed like they have monopoly position (on smart BMS).

Anyways, the Daly BMS is doing great.
The active balancer provides me with the cell information I need to know.

I'm sad that an other one died.
Kind of happy to see the same errors.
Naturally just stop working after 3 days can not be user error...
Still ... There is always some doubts.
Now no longer :)

Naturally open a dispute.
That is the only way to receive refund via the AliExpress system.

This have nothing to do with the seller, it's how it works.

For me IC GOGOGO store provided good support and thought with me towards a solution.

In my situation Daly 250BMS with separate active balancer.

Yes, that required me to purchase the Daly BMS, 155 USD more investment.

They provide the active balancer for free.

And now I have received refund of the 119.28

Yes, 35 USD more expensive then first setup.
And not all the insight the active balancer BMS have me.

But it was the fastest and best solution at that time to "guarantee" high uptime of my system.

Living off grid, makes that a really important thing.

Thumbs up!

Icgogogo gave me the ok to send mine back, and they would resend me two new replacement or I can chose different ones or refund. But I don't have the address to send them back. I liked these, for me the Bluetooth distance is about 20-25'

Icgogogo gave me the ok to send mine back, and they would resend me two new replacement or I can chose different ones or refund. But I don't have the address to send them back. I liked these, for me the Bluetooth distance is about 20-25'
When you make the dispute, you can mention the solution you both agreed upon.
Alibaba system need a few days before it goes to the next step, agreeing your agreement, and automatically provides you with the return address.

If you have months time, you can wait it all out.

For me, it was better to purchase new and get refund.

If you have WeChat, the people from IC GOGOGO store can bring you in contact with the factory support of the active balancer BMS.

They should be able to inform you if they fixed the problem (they now have mine to investigate) or "is there a problem??"

In the last situation..
Better take different solution.
Like I did :)

I was sadly the first with the problem.

Having a solution within reasonable time, probably will require you to make second investment.
But, in my situation the refund of the money went without problems!

So much for BMS, Battery Management system
better name is BKS, Battery Killing System.
I re-studied your post to learn from it. Re: puffy battery damage / sounds like BMS failed in protecting from overcharge?/ ... but I am a little confused. Would not your MPPT charger be your first protector from battery damage, and then the BMS a backup protector.?

After re-reading you posts, I am wondering if something is also off specs with your solar to battery charger unit? Food for Thought, and possible further research ???

Glad to hear you are getting a refund; and glad I did not go for that BMS (had been considering it). Maybe some newer version might prove if could handle 100 amps charge to battery and be dependable? I liked the active balancing feature.

Last edited:
I re-studied your post to learn from it. Re: puffy battery damage / sounds like BMS failed in protecting from overcharge?/ ... but I am a little confused. Would not your MPPT charger be your first protector from battery damage, and then the BMS a backup protector.?

After re-reading you posts, I am wondering if something is also off specs with your solar to battery charger unit? Food for Thought, and possible further research ???

Glad to hear you are getting a refund; and glad I did not go for that BMS (had been considering it). Maybe some newer version might prove if could handle 100 amps charge to battery and be dependable? I liked the active balancing feature.
I don't believe that the bms could not handle the high current, mine was good up to 300amps and it stopped working the same. I only had like 6 amps going in when it quit. It's a new version of bms and I believe it's defective. Case closed. The inverter will only protect your batteries if the settings are going off limits. If the bms is not accurate in reading your batteries this is what happens. The total voltage of the batteries were in the safe zone when this happened, but the bms was confused. I was watching it closely.

What does this BMS failure look like? How did you figure out that it failed?
Look at earlier post, #78, and before for pictures and explaination. Like I mentioned I followed the bms reaction all the time it was hooked up. Lasted 14 hours. I monitored the batteries individually manually. Right now my batteries are fully controlled with the inverter and charge controller, no bms. System is on 24/7, had snow this morning no sun, had 145 ah used, and 8 hours later I'm fully charged again, and we heated,did laundry, fridges and freezers, sump, well, microwave. All is looking good. batteries are set at 3.4 v.

Look at earlier post, #78, and before for pictures and explaination. Like I mentioned I followed the bms reaction all the time it was hooked up. Lasted 14 hours. I monitored the batteries individually manually. Right now my batteries are fully controlled with the inverter and charge controller, no bms. System is on 24/7, had snow this morning no sun, had 145 ah used, and 8 hours later I'm fully charged again, and we heated,did laundry, fridges and freezers, sump, well, microwave. All is looking good. batteries are set at 3.4 v.

@Denis nice to hear you’re batteries are setup now. Wouldn’t mind seeing pictures of your battery bank. Thanks

@Capt Bill

As you must have seen, mine was just the first to fail.
It was supposed to be able to to 150A (just remembered the specifications not exactly, I know it should have been more then enough)

The timing apparently was coincidence. I know 27 x 330w panels is more then most Chinese factories / R&D teams have available for testing.
And most "testing" is theoretical.

From this knowledge and the timing, after noon, my best shot was the high current that gave damage.

Now we know it's just bad buil /designed BMS.

@Denis : it's good to know that ours is not the only defective units...
The counter is at 4 (!!) With same error.

My MPPT indeed should stop before the total pack reach too high or too low voltage.

As it is new battery, it is not yet top or bottom balanced.
The individual voltages are little different.

I'm sure you are aware that @80% charge should change from constant current to constant voltage.

0.1 volt is a lot of difference in this charge state.

You also might have seen I made one cell pillow with normal lab power supply, that gave CC too long.
Voltage was way below the 3.65..
But the current was too long "high"
(3.5A)
12 watts power for +/- 5 hours was all it took.

This is why BMS is So important!!!
And why active balancer can be really important also.

I have 16* 200Ah dead lead acid battery. 4500 USD go POEF.

Different product, EASUN MPPT inveter Charged the 48v array @ 78 Volt.

I know that wrong charging ALWAYS give damage.
Failing BMS will ALWAYS give damage.
If you are lucky the kind that doesn't show directly.
It just shortened your total life cycle with 10% or so.
That is 6 months or more...

Best case scenario.
Worse case... Like my lead acid.
That took 10 days before the problem was noticed... By then it was too late.
Down hill ever since. The 800A @48v still can hold some charge, for a few hours.
That is how we lived, without BMS.
Every day around 22-23 hour...
Lights off, no more power.
All day charge the lead acids for a few hours of power. (For 5 weeks)
I did not want to risk my 2500usd lifepo4
We now have Daly BMS that works perfect. (And active balancer for monitoring Bluetooth)

Any wrong charge will give damage.
Every product in the total setup that fails probably give small spike at the moment of failure, that also will damage the cells.

How much?

Only really to determine with 2 identical setups, one that have, and the other that doesn't have the error.

Last edited:
IMG_20200508_105329.jpg

3 rows, 1*6 / 2*5 packs of 3.

Setup will change as I'm going to get 2*120Ah lifepo4 extra.
(Same height, just thinner, probably same type pouches, only less)
That is + 32* 120Ah on the 48* 152 there is now

diy solar

diy solar
Back