diy solar

diy solar

New eg4 18kpv

smmarczak

I just ordered a eg4 18kpv and 30kwh of eg4 server rack batteries. I see the eg4 18kpv has two inputs for the batteries. Do I just connect one to the bus bar on the case, or two?

The battery connections are part of a paralleled bus, so you can use one or two cables for each polarity. The choice comes down to the gauge of wire that you're using. The manual recommends 4/0 AWG or larger for a single 10ft run, but I've found that two runs of 2/0 AWG is a bit easier to move around. If you use one cable for positive, you'll want to use the same gauge and amount for the negative too.

The battery connections are part of a paralleled bus, so you can use one or two cables for each polarity. The choice comes down to the gauge of wire that you're using. The manual recommends 4/0 AWG or larger for a single 10ft run, but I've found that two runs of 2/0 AWG is a bit easier to move around. If you use one cable for positive, you'll want to use the same gauge and amount for the negative too.
Brilliant. Thank you! Can't wait to get it!

Have Sungold Power TP6048, Shuts down when I turn on my 1/2 horse submersible pump. Runs Dryer, oven and etc. Not the 1000W deep well pump????

Have Sungold Power TP6048, Shuts down when I turn on my 1/2 horse submersible pump. Runs Dryer, oven and etc. Not the 1000W deep well pump????
Somethings wrong... Mine handles my 1hp deep well pump, clamped ~37a inrush per leg, just fine. It also handles my 1hp 80 gallon air compressor charged to 90 psi, though it struggles a bit judging by the light flicker. (I think some of this is the wiring distance and a panel in between).
How many batteries do you have connected and what type? What's your wiring gauge? Are you sure the BMS isn't tripping and shutting the inverter down?
Ps you should start a separate thread and not hijack this one...

I am wanting to run my 3/4 hp deep well pump, 2.5 ton heat pump / AC unit and my hot water heater. Also my dryer and range - all 240 volt.
I am trying to decide on the Shneider XW pro 6.8 or the new EG4 18k pv. I have been told that either one of these would handle all these 240 volt loads. The unit I purchase would only be doing these 240 volt loads, NO 110 loads. Obviously the well pump and hot water heater are on and off all day long. The AC runs a few hours during the day for about a month or so in the summer and the heat pump runs during the day & night in the spring, fall a about a month in the winter. Once it is 20 degrees or lower, it is no longer in use, so quite a bit of the winter the heat pump / ac is not in use. The dryer runs for about a half hour once a day about 3 days a week. The oven part of the range only gets used a couple of times a month, but one or two of the top burners are used once a day / every day. Anybody have any experience with the EG4 18k running a deep well pump and hot water heater at the same time? Along with a heat pump / ac? I am somewhat convinced that the Schneider XW pro can do it, but I only have reviews to base that on and no one seems to talk about well pumps or hot water heaters with them.

Brilliant. Thank you! Can't wait to get it!
You are going to have a blast! Its quite a monster! But its really pretty easy to install and getting it to work. Just so you dont go through what i did:

1. Go ahead and call signature solar and get your customer code before the order arrives and write it down (youll need it to configure the mobile app and monitor it through your phone).

2. I was eager to see it working so i tried connecting with one battery and comm cable from battery to inverter, it turned on but error con battery comm. just setup the monitor hub and ill work right away.

Have fun! Ive been enjoying this for the last three days

Back