diy solar

diy solar

New no battery pure sine wave solar power system with smart switchers.

Nice,
As we know you have oscilloscope can you measure signal before " L " or just after Fet?
Also do you know value of " L ",it should be 3mH?
Best
Sorry have been decking the halls and other activities surrounding the holidays, It will be a short time till I am back to working on a live power board. Guess you are interested in the pure sine choke value mH and what it does for the sine wave compared without. Will be glad to test.

In the meantime trust me it is very important to have the best sine wave power possible before entering the ISO transformer.(you will get a roaring sound from the ISO if the sine wave is off even a little bit.)
The ISO transformer rounds the sine wave even more for really clean AC power, project system runs motors/inverter drive and electronics well.

Voltage controlled quartz tube heater is a big hit this year in the living room.
My rat terrier has figured out 5-6 feet away from the heater is a sweet spot.

More soon

Last edited:
Like working with a big audio bass amp if you touch the input with your finger you will get a 50 or 60Hz roaring sound.

In a power production system this hum is very bad causing sync issues,shorts in the FETs due to opposing FETs directly feeding power to each other.

My living room stereo has a dual isolation transformer for the inputs for silent background noise, The ISO transformers provide the same silent background for perfect sine wave power production, This is just one of the things that make the project power system awesome.

More soon

Next day normal loads and smooth operation.

Attachments

• 20231208_113428~2.jpg
    20231208_113428~2.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231208_113517~2.jpg
    20231208_113517~2.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Big storm passed through last night lost grid power twice for a short time, Project system recovered nicely.

Expecting colder conditions in the coming week, looking forward to more of the solar only living room quartz tube heater, figure it exceeds 98 percent efficiency.

Right now it's raining outside and the system is waiting for 115VAC to reset and start running the extra loads. This is the genius of the system voltage controlled relay.
No additional loads are allowed to be added to the 24/7 stuff till the Inverter is happy, If the system voltage strays below 98VAC it returns to waiting for 115VAC till the inverter recovers.

Highly recommend.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Lots of testing going on behind the scenes including a permanent two wire (L) + (N) 120VAC 10 Amp maximum power board secondary to the main.

This real world test in the back hallway features all two prong plug devices Mini fridge, Li-Ion battery chargers and a small Honeywell space heater.

Although this configuration comes with a warning ⚠️ If the FETs fail on the power board DC power could be directly sent to the connected devices/appliance.

Mini fridge is the only device normally connected all the time other devices are monitored during operation.

As of today one year of flawless operation with no output ISO transformer, Basically I have tested off grid mode for a full year successfully.

I recommend the ISO transformers but if you really want for the cost of the solar panels, less than 100 dollars power board, fuses and case (bet you can't beat the low cost anywhere) have a system that actually works.

Blue sky day Project systems rocks!

Last edited:
Working on three levels of seconday ISO transformer operation: Off for 100% solar mode, Normal 550watts support 24/7 , and 830 watt boosted (custom 24 added windings) 24/7 mode.

Working to make it all CPU controlled from the phone.

Struggling with how to best use the extra voltage controlled relays think status signals to the CPU would be most useful right now.

Big empty shelf space behind the blue display panel it is my plan to install a automation package in that spot.

Picture strong candidate for automation module easy web access two inputs and two outputs, still looking.

More later best wishes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_194516_Firefox~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_194516_Firefox~2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Left out an important two prong device on the dedicated two wire system, commercial bug zapper and daily timer, it has not been used recently but works just fine.

Have not lost a single device/appliance to date running on the green power inverters but the bug zapper consumes one of the black light florescent bulbs every year or two running directly off the power board.

I think it is great the project system has been real world tested and passed, At some point I will add the missing ISO for full FET failure DC protection and safety!

Successfully testing long periods of high continuous amp draw just finished another 4 hour session above 10amps 7amps from the heater on high alone.
Data telling me liquid cooled FETs could handle big power but the other side of my brain says no way.⚠️

Best wishes, three days in a row of blue sky.

Last edited:
Additional kit has arrived looks great appears all New parts (Got the DY002-2 was needing) another set of 40N65 MOSFETs magical parts for big power production.

Project on hold till after the holidays, Happy holidays all ✨

Finally spotted a named product on YouTube for day time solar and night time grid usage, Not going to put down the video or the attempt at a new power system.

Just be aware the project power system is currently running 27 standard 12VDC solar panels for approximately 2,600 watts of usable day time solar, do the math and check the input and output amp draw. The project system actually works.

Best wishes

Last edited:
System is working wonderfully, Got 7 days in a row of blue sky days and full power production.

Upgrades to resume in a few days, looking for the best input/output automation management not the one shown in a previous post.

Any recommendations are welcomed.

More soon

Last edited:
Another blue sky day ✨

Heater has been on high for over 3 hours,
In the low 30 degrees Fahrenheit last night, Lights/fans and more run steady, Awesome.

Best wishes

Attachments

• 20231231_131711~2.jpg
    20231231_131711~2.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231231_131340~2.jpg
    20231231_131340~2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231231_131433~2.jpg
    20231231_131433~2.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Everything continues to work wonderfully, researching automatic control modules. It really is all about what you are willing to spend my target will be the best controller for around $200, the very cold weather is requiring me to work on the home single digit cold is on the way. December electric bill $90 neighbor next door $300, turns you into a sun farmer but the savings are real.

Stay safe everyone, more soon

Last edited:
Will resume shortly on upgrades, Very cold mostly sunny day, full heat in the living room for the past 3 hours feels good.

65 degrees Fahrenheit inside temperature and climbing, system running so well I am reluctant to touch it during this cold weather.

More soon

Attachments

• 20240114_121925~2.jpg
    20240114_121925~2.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240114_121856~2.jpg
    20240114_121856~2.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 26
Ask questions if you don't understand something, like magic when the sun shines, Today it was snowing (4 inches worth) and main home heating was from two grid powered mini splits, Quartz tube heaters will return with the sun, may speed things up to remove the new snow from the solar panels.

Snow covered panels in the past have self cleared in about one day with full sun.

Voltage controlled relay sent everything to grid for the day and Grid supported secondary ISO ran the 24/7 stuff (ISO can be backed up several different ways)

Best wishes

Enough sun getting through to light the high voltage PV indicator but not enough to reset (115 Volts ) for the extra loads to start.Not going up on the roof till we start melting hard crunchy ice about 5 inches thick at noon 21 degrees Fahrenheit outside zero degrees last night and the cold water line frozen to the bath sink, coldest winter night in 21 years.

Back working again at the sink took two electric heaters to restore operation, Going to drip that faucet anytime the temperature strays below 10 degrees Fahrenheit, House was built in 1941 flipped twice.

More soon

Last edited:
Nice,
As we know you have oscilloscope can you measure signal before " L " ?
Also do you know value of " L ",it should be 3mH?
Best
Ask questions if you don't understand something.

Last edited:
Ask questions if you don't understand something.
The pure sine choke in the kit is most likely 10mH (based on Internet photos) first picture.

Second Picture is modified sine VS pure sine (power board is sold to correct this issue) may get a chance soon to actually bench test a board for you.

Seriously cold weather has kept me busy with other things round 2 of winter storm is incoming, three normal persons froze to death outside after watching a football game on TV?

Best wishes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_115149_Firefox~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_115149_Firefox~2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240119_114809_Firefox~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_114809_Firefox~2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The pure sine choke in the kit is most likely 10mH (based on Internet photos) first picture.

Second Picture is modified sine VS pure sine (power board is sold to correct this issue) may get a chance soon to actually bench test a board for you.

Please do,:)
For some info I have it is from 3-5 mH.
ANother info ,Big one for me, is that before choke is " modified sine ".
Perhaps you can help me, can ordinary AC switch or bimetal thermostat, be used with modified sine
or it must be for DC ?
Best

Please do,:)
For some info I have it is from 3-5 mH.
ANother info ,Big one for me, is that before choke is " modified sine ".
Perhaps you can help me, can ordinary AC switch or bimetal thermostat, be used with modified sine
or it must be for DC ?
Best
The resolution of the pure sine board output (from the DY002-2) and 40N65 MOSFETs) is likely double that of the modified sine example shown, the choke and reddish brown capacitor work to smooth the sine wave to the top example.

I love the pure sine power from the mail order power boards, ISO transformer runs silent after soft start.

Switching AC/ modified sine is easy, DC switching needs a rated switch ⚠️

Using a AC switch for DC power will get you killed, DC will weld the contacts closed and cause an accident ⚠️

More soon

Last edited:
Starting tomorrow the CPU (DY002-2) of the (2 New board) will be replaced upon success and pure sine output I will cut traces or remove components from this boards choke and capacitor to do the oscilloscope test requested.

More soon

Attachments

• 20240119_201043~2.jpg
    20240119_201043~2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1
This all happened over the past three days, damage to power board #2 CPU traces during CPU removal (exposed copper areas denotes damage) always use copper soldering wick to open circuit board holes of excess solder!

Power board #2 is now considered parts only, built up the new kit in the exact image of board #2 and put the label 2,000W across the yellow label on the pure sine choke, Next two oscilloscope pictures are from the test requested (Oscilloscope failed to lock on and displayed strange results.

Last two photos after phase choke/capacitor connection perfect 60 hZ pure sine power three kits in a row that worked first time around ❤️

The spacing on the (2,000W board) FETs will allow better heat distribution.

Another nice power board for under $100 that will be used for Maximum power solar 180 DC volts input and perfect 60Hz 122VAC goodness output.

More testing ahead

Attachments

• 20240121_200509~2.jpg
    20240121_200509~2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240121_200346~2.jpg
    20240121_200346~2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240121_200348~2.jpg
    20240121_200348~2.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240121_202053.jpg