diy solar

diy solar

New notification behavior WTF????

sunshine_eggo

Happy Breffast!
Looks like notification behavior has changed. I'm now getting notifications for everything those I follow do.

Change behavior under preferences, select FOLLOWING and then batch update to select the desired notifications of all or set options on individuals.

Yes. I was like WTF are all of these notifications on threads IM NOT FOLLOWING! Lol
Thought it was just me!!
After opening this thread, I see this under similar threads. Lol.

Yeah, which causes huge amounts of notifications. Doing the bulk update on followers fixes it, but it's odd that the default behavior was changed.

Yeah... I was shocked to see about 1.5 full pages of notifications in ~8 hours. As I'm reading them, I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting notifications while not subscribed to these threads.

The fix was quick and easy with the bulk update. I chose to be notified of new threads created by those I follow and then manually changed a few users for additional notifications.

I didn't notice anything at all.
Was this for external notifications?
Push notifications and email notifications?

Yeah, normally get a few a day, went to 20! Couldn’t figure it out. Now I know. Thanks.

#retrogrammar
OK this is clearly a Millennial / Gen Z'er term used by a user who would insist on using a Dark user Theme. Nope nope nope ?

BTW I'm only replying to this thread 'cause I saw it in my notifications I assume because those I Follow have Followers who Followed me here.

Stop following me!!

(paranoid much?)

Back