diy solar

diy solar

New Y&H split-phase 10kW hybrid inverter

fafrd

Solar Wizard
This just popped up on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Inverter-Spl...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

This seems to be the same 2x5kW HF split-phase hybrid inverter manufactured by Voltronic and sold by SRNE that several Forum members have already purchased from China: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-split-phase-hybrid-solar-lnverter-asf-series-10kw.54165/

But buying from Amazon for $1700 delivered in 2 days (US stock!) with 30-day return rights seems like a much better deal, so I’m hoping we’ll see some members jumping on it soon and look forward to first reviews!

2-4 week delivery time. Doubt that's U.S. Stock.
I read:

‘In stock
Usually ships within 2-3 days’

But the dates indicated are currently 2-4 weeks out (late June - early July).

I’ve bought 5 inverters from Y&H and they have generally arrived within 2-3 days, meaning they carry US inventory.

This is a brand new product offering for them so I suspect the first delivery of US inventory is probably on its way from China…

Let’s circle back and see what it says by the end of the month…

Yes, it ships in 2-5 days. That does sound like a China shipping scenario.
I suspect they are just awaiting arrival of their first inventory shipment from China…

It is a brand new product from Y&H that I believe has only popped up on Amazon over the past 1-2 weeks.

So my guess it that it is the claim that it is ‘in stock’ that is overstated (at least for US-based stock).

They have a Shenzen business address. Is there any reference to a US warehouse?
No, but the inverters I’ve purchased from Y&H through Amazon have all arrived within 2-3 days.

It’s possible / likely that Amazon carries their US inventory.

For various reasons, I’ve had to exchange several Y&H inverters I’ve purchased through Amazon and it went like a breeze.

Replacement inverter arrived within 2-3 days allowing me to test against the one I already had. Had the return the rejected inverter to Amazon within 30 days max.

I don’t know what Amazon’s rules are but a possible explanation is that as soon as inventory from China is bound for an Amazon warehouse in the US, they allow selling to start and state ‘in stock’ even though the inventory will be in transit for some time before it is physically on Amazon’s warehouse.

I’ve returned other products trough Amazon where two identical items replaced at the same time were delivered on different schedules - the first within 2-3 days meaning it was within Amazon’s warehouse and the second 2-3 weeks later as though the first return was the last one in Amazon’s warehouse and the second return had to await a new delivery of inventory coming from China.

So I’m guessing that that 2-4 week gap we see now may shrink as we progress through the month…

YongHui = Y&H.

That is the name of the seller, not a location.
In this case it's referring to the location. All of their other items with US stock are shipped from Amazon, meaning that Amazon is their US based warehouse. Combine that info with an estimated arrival date of one month from today and it's a simple deduction that it's shipping from China, and if there's any need for support or a return, you'll be sending it right back to China. But hey, go ahead and buy one and let us know how it goes. Might be a great inverter for the price.

In this case it's referring to the location. All of their other items with US stock are shipped from Amazon, meaning that Amazon is their US based warehouse. Combine that info with an estimated arrival date of one month from today and it's a simple deduction that it's shipping from China, and if there's any need for support or a return, you'll be sending it right back to China. But hey, go ahead and buy one and let us know how it goes. Might be a great inverter for the price.
You could be correct since all of the other Y&H products on Amazon list as Prime and ‘ships from’ Amazon.

So I think we’ll just need to wait and see whether the configuration / listing for this product changes a month from now.

Or another possibility is that Y&H will hold off putting any inventory into Amazon before they see demand here in the US.

I’m not planning to purchase anytime soon but I’ve found Amazon very open about the details regarding how any particular product is being handled (and especially how returns will be handled).

I’d probably advise anyone interested in this split-phase inverter to hold off buying from Amazon until it’s listed as Prime.

Thanks for helping me to understand that my enthusiasm has gotten a bit over of my skis :).

It’s been 8 days and delivery time has slipped by 8 days, so seems you were right…
Now shows shipping by Amazon and delivery by July 3rd, so looks like I was right after all…

Y&H will be maintaining US stock if this new hybrid inverter at Amazon as they do for their GTIL inverters…

Hoping to hear from a first owner here on the forum soon. 5+5kW AIO for under $1660 is a market-leading value in today’s market…

Now shows shipping by Amazon and delivery by July 3rd, so looks like I was right after all…

Y&H will be maintaining US stock if this new hybrid inverter at Amazon as they do for their GTIL inverters…

Hoping to hear from a first owner here on the forum soon. 5+5kW AIO for under $1660 is a market-leading value in today’s market…
Has anyone heard about these being installed yet?

Price drop to $1667 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Inverter-Split-Phase-Single-phase-Connection-Activation/dp/B0BMWVNKXK/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=10kw+inverter&qid=1689224935&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.17f26c18-b61b-4ce9-8a28-de351f41cffb

And Y&H is selling the same inverter for $1590 OBO on eBay…

PowerMr is also selling a 10kW 5+5kW hybrid with very similar specs for $1550 on eBay or $1690 through Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PowMr-Inverter-AC-240V-Off-Grid-Controller/dp/B0BM9G8WPW

Between SRNE, PowerMr and Y&H, hopefully we get a few more owners here on the Forum before the end of the year…
I made a post in the midnite solar forum and the owner did view it, so I’m hoping to hear an update on the midnite diy badged version and if/when it will be released as well

I made a post in the midnite solar forum and the owner did view it, so I’m hoping to hear an update on the midnite diy badged version and if/when it will be released as well
Update, whizbandit whom either works for midnite or beta tests for midnite or both (I don’t want to assume incorrectly) had the following information in response

“I was the original tester of the SRNE 3548 3500W AIO (All In One) inverter with 140VDC MPPT input. I tested it for about 3 years here at my homestead in Florida, through 95 plus degrees heat in the back of my garage, through a dozen tropical storms and hurricanes. I had my whole house's 15 amp circuits on it, lights, ceiling fans, 15A outlets, cable box. It never missed a beat, never crashed or shutdown during outages. All the heavy circuits were on a stacked pair of old Trace SW5548's which also working flawlessly. I have 2 central A/C systems, a 2 ton upstairs and a 3 ton downstairs. The 2 ton was the only A/C on the battery and it was on the Trace setup.

The SRNE 3548 shutdown with a fan fail alarm about 2 years ago and I bypassed it & jumped the circuits over to the Trace system where it stayed until last year when I got a SRNE 10K 120/240 unit to test. I moved the circuits back and also included the 3 ton A/C just for a real test.

The 10K SRNE started and ran my 3 ton A/C along with all the 15A circuits that were once powered by the SRNE 3548. It's been running for almost a year now without a glitch. Midnite will probably not be re-branding the 10K units yet, at least not until a warranty department can be setup and we can deal with the failures in-house.

The biggest issue with the SRNE re-branded to MNS DIY is Midnite did not do enough forward thinking for warranty & support. There was/is no DIY series repair bench setup, warranty was handled by shipping a new unit and piling up the bad units. I had a lot of them shipping to my shop to inspect, very few suffered failures from manufacturing, most of them were abused by the DIY customer crowd not understanding how to properly size, wire and setup a solar power system. They would just put a small battery and/or too small battery cables on the DIY3048 or DIY5048 and the strain would blow out the inverter's DC to DC section and throw a Fault-5 (DC to DC fail). The DIY 3024's seem to suffer from a few cooling fan fail issues, not with the fans but with the internal fan sensor circuit which no one knows how to repair as we don't have schematics. Plus, the labor to disassemble and reassemble is massive, it takes 45+ minutes to take a DIY3024 apart, if it's not burned then another 30+ minutes to locate bad parts and another 45 to 60 minutes to reassemble & test. Really not worth repairing...”

Seems like some pretty useful information. Shame that the 10k won’t be offered under the midnite label, but hearing his feedback on them makes me almost want to stack 2 of the 5kw units for split phase

Update, whizbandit whom either works for midnite or beta tests for midnite or both (I don’t want to assume incorrectly) had the following information in response

“I was the original tester of the SRNE 3548 3500W AIO (All In One) inverter with 140VDC MPPT input. I tested it for about 3 years here at my homestead in Florida, through 95 plus degrees heat in the back of my garage, through a dozen tropical storms and hurricanes. I had my whole house's 15 amp circuits on it, lights, ceiling fans, 15A outlets, cable box. It never missed a beat, never crashed or shutdown during outages. All the heavy circuits were on a stacked pair of old Trace SW5548's which also working flawlessly. I have 2 central A/C systems, a 2 ton upstairs and a 3 ton downstairs. The 2 ton was the only A/C on the battery and it was on the Trace setup.

The SRNE 3548 shutdown with a fan fail alarm about 2 years ago and I bypassed it & jumped the circuits over to the Trace system where it stayed until last year when I got a SRNE 10K 120/240 unit to test. I moved the circuits back and also included the 3 ton A/C just for a real test.

The 10K SRNE started and ran my 3 ton A/C along with all the 15A circuits that were once powered by the SRNE 3548. It's been running for almost a year now without a glitch. Midnite will probably not be re-branding the 10K units yet, at least not until a warranty department can be setup and we can deal with the failures in-house.

The biggest issue with the SRNE re-branded to MNS DIY is Midnite did not do enough forward thinking for warranty & support. There was/is no DIY series repair bench setup, warranty was handled by shipping a new unit and piling up the bad units. I had a lot of them shipping to my shop to inspect, very few suffered failures from manufacturing, most of them were abused by the DIY customer crowd not understanding how to properly size, wire and setup a solar power system. They would just put a small battery and/or too small battery cables on the DIY3048 or DIY5048 and the strain would blow out the inverter's DC to DC section and throw a Fault-5 (DC to DC fail). The DIY 3024's seem to suffer from a few cooling fan fail issues, not with the fans but with the internal fan sensor circuit which no one knows how to repair as we don't have schematics. Plus, the labor to disassemble and reassemble is massive, it takes 45+ minutes to take a DIY3024 apart, if it's not burned then another 30+ minutes to locate bad parts and another 45 to 60 minutes to reassemble & test. Really not worth repairing...”

Seems like some pretty useful information. Shame that the 10k won’t be offered under the midnite label, but hearing his feedback on them makes me almost want to stack 2 of the 5kw units for split phase
That’s actually a pretty strong endorsement of SRNE’s technology and it’s making me want to pick up the 10kW split-phase unit.

I suppose 2 5kW units might give you twice as many fans with twice as much cooling capacity. Is a single 5kW unit split-phase or do you need to stack two of them for split-phase output?

If a single 5kW unit is full split-phase, a pair would provide redundancy, so that is worth thinking about…

That’s actually a pretty strong endorsement of SRNE’s technology and it’s making me want to pick up the 10kW split-phase unit.

I suppose 2 5kW units might give you twice as many fans with twice as much cooling capacity. Is a single 5kW unit split-phase or do you need to stack two of them for split-phase output?

If a single 5kW unit is full split-phase, a pair would provide redundancy, so that is worth thinking about…
The 5k is 120 only. I think the 10kw is intriguing as well and it sounds like even midnite can’t effectively repair them (clearly the CAN fix them, but it’s apparent that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze) but being under the midnite label would provide some peace of mind in regards to warranty stuff. Hence my potential desire to stack the 5kw units.
But overall I read his comment similar as you, felt like it was a reasonably strong endorsement for a budget unit

Back