diy solar

diy solar

SRNE Split Phase Hybrid Solar lnverter ASF Series 10Kw

We have another member, 420OhmsPA, who just purchased one direct from SRNE through Alibaba for $1380 delivered.

Not sure when his is expected to arrive but that is another datapoint you might want to track.

I don’t know whether it is in this thread or somewhere else, but the primary DIY tech at Midnight Solar has been using / testing this SRNE inverter for over a year now and has been impressed with both capability versus specifications as well as quality.

So unless you have some specific requirement you are concerned about, I believe we’re past the point of worrying this inverter is a piece of garbage and a huge mistake.

Not having tested any of these inverters myself, my sense is that this inverter delivers at least the performance and quality / reliability of any Signature Solar EG4 or MPP Solar offering.

Lack of updates from Nate or any other early owners is much more likely due to the fact that the inverter is performing so well they are paying little / no attention to it and enjoying their lives as opposed to having issues they have not taken the time to post about here on the Forum…
It’s not quite as cheap as the $1380 that 420OhmsPA negotiated directly with SRNE through Alibaba, but here us an AliExpress add for $1421 with shipping: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...p4p_id=202308202247014807714119942333892443_4

Saves the hassle of negotiating through Alibaba if you’ve never done so but you would want to confirm that there are no duty included within ‘taxes’ and that it is just the standard sales taxes you’d pay on any online order…

But confirmation that $1400 is the market price for these 10kW HF 5+5 SRNE inverters (direct from SRNE in China).

What is battery idle wattage?

Definitely not as advertised based on my readings when I first fired it up but I'm going to kill all loads in the next couple days and clamp it again because my pack isn't dropping anywhere close to what it did with the TP6048 /LVX6048 /EG4 6K overnight(with the same loads). I can't find the spec in the manual but remember a sales rep saying ~70w, I asked again and will share a screenshot of they reply and set them straight if they are wrong (not that it will help).

We, for starters, that inverter is only 5kW (2.5+2.5?) while the 10kW model is 10kW (5+5kW).

I’m unable to download the manual but if you can post a working link here, I’ll have a look…

Ah, from the details below I see this is a single-phase 5kW inverter.

You need two of these to make split-phase (and unclear whether they can do 240VAC / 120VAC split-phase).

At best, one of these is only half of what the single 10kW / 5+5kW split-phase model has is.

We, for starters, that inverter is only 5kW (2.5+2.5?) while the 10kW model is 10kW (5+5kW).

I’m unable to download the manual but if you can post a working link here, I’ll have a look…

That inverter is (the u model anyways) is 5kw single phase, but is parallelable so 2 of them would equal the asf, whereas the asf is not parallelable (the u version).

That inverter is (the u model anyways) is 5kw single phase, but is parallelable so 2 of them would equal the asf, whereas the asf is not parallelable (the u version).
That is correct (and you’ve answered your own question).

The 5kW model can be paralleled to get more than 10kW of split-phase power while the 10kW / 5+5kW model can not (limited to 5+5 kW maximum).

That is correct (and you’ve answered your own question).

The 5kW model can be paralleled to get more than 10kW of split-phase power while the 10kW / 5+5kW model can not (limited to 5+5 kW maximum).
yes yes i get that I was asking, other than the obvious is there any advantages of the ASF model over 2 of the HYP models.

yes yes i get that I was asking, other than the obvious is there any advantages of the ASF model over 2 of the HYP models.
I’d need to see the manual to comment on that (which I am unable to access).

Simpler wiring, no fussing with parallel cables, less cost. Less/no redundancy though.
Some more info on ASF here:

Agreed, I would have already ordered a 2nd one if they were; that's how happy I am with mine so far.
Your comments about this inverter made me load the Alibaba app. Seriously considering giving it a try. I’ve followed your build thread. Have to say I’m shocked how much better this seems to be compared to Voltronic (eg4, mpp solar, growatt) based on your usage. No flicker/shimmer, no issues, more configurable, etc.

Last edited:
Your comments about this inverter made me load the Alibaba app. Seriously considering giving it a try. I’ve followed your build thread.
Glad they have been helpful.
Have to say I’m shocked how much better this seems to be compared to Voltronic (eg4, mpp solar, growatt) based on your usage. No flicker/shimmer, no issues, more configurable, etc.
You and me both. The zero light flicker was huge. The first thing I did after commissioning was run the washer to see if the lights flickered ?.
Coming home from work to fans that aren't screaming (they are loud but nothing like the Voltronic, especially the pitch) puts a smile on my face every time.

I like my voltronic (SGP TP6048) but the thought of listing it for sale and buying another ASF has crossed my mind more than once.

I need to see if I can find a variable rate plan and enable time slot charging during cheap hours incase the ground mount doesn't addition doesn't get me through winter.

Hit over 8kw load this afternoon, I forgot the convection oven was still running when I turned on the dryer, I wouldn't have known if I didn't look at SA; it ran just fine.

Back