diy solar

diy solar

Newbie Advice

plugandplay1234

Hi, I'd like to figure out what I need.

In general I would like a complete system that powers my entire house (1,400 SF) and batteries to be there for my medical equipment, refrigerator, lights, etc.

But I at least need a generator (maybe a panel or 2) that I could use to charge my power wheelchair and CPAP and I would like, if possible, to have the panels on the roof with cables or wires coming into the house recharging the generator(s), as I am in a wheelchair I can't physically move the generator(s) outside to a solar panel, or maybe just connected directly to the outlets for my power wheelchair recharger and a second outlet my CPAP plugs into.

But as I mentioned above I'd like to get a complete home solar power system that would be there for my entire house.

Any advice or a good resource I could look at? Everything I look at online give no related information, it just gives me the option for them to come out and give me an estimate.

Thanks, Mike

So many variables in this request :)

How much power do you use now? (daily, monthly, yearly).
How much roof/ground space do you have for panels?
Budget?
What part of the world are you in? (how much sun do you get)
I assume not DIY if you are wheel chair bound?

A standard setup is usually solar panels, Inverter(s), Battery(s), generator, and all the wiring/conduit/fuses/breakers/etc. to put them together.

Thanks iamrich,

I'm in Southern California (lots of sun), not sure of how much power I use now (I now realize I need to do an energy audit). Not sure on the space I have, it'll be a Mobile Home I am moving into in a few months, but I think there is plenty on the roof and there are no trees or anything else obstructing the sun. And you're right, not DIY, for me.....I wish. Probably the best option for me is to get an estimate or two.

Back