diy solar

diy solar

NogiBattery? and welded busbars

aybabtme

I'm shopping for SVOLT 196Ah cells and found NogiBattery which seems to (1) sell them and (2) have nice accessories for them. I also contacted evlithium.com . I've never worked with neither but NogiBattery is also offering a partial module assembly service where they weld busbars into a configuration of my choice, with insulation sheets and glassfiber tape and so on.

So my question is two fold: (1) anyone knows about NogiBattery and has feedback? Or evlithium.com for that matter. (2) any reason not to use the busbar welding service?

Having seen the M6 welded studs that are used on 280Ah cells and probably the SVolt 196Ah, I feel like a welded busbar would make a more reliable connection than the tiny surface area of the steel welded studs that I would get otherwise. But maybe I'm missing something?

Picture is of their partial assembly service, for reference.

IMG_4985.jpeg

The welded busbars are definitely better all around. What you show from them looks really good & proper no less. BUT once welded together, forget replacing a cell if it's lazy or a runner. In such an instance I would only want fully "PROPERLY" Matched & Batched cells and not just any A-Grade or other cells.

Properly Matched & Batched, means that they are tested from at least 3.000 to 3.400 Volts. At every 0.100 point charge IR (Internal Resistance) is tested and logged both under load & discharge. Then cells are matched so that they have identical IR at the different voltage points.

EVE, CATL & Others test their cells to deliver their Amp Hours from the working range (3.000-3.400), A-Cells will always deliver the specified AH from that range but usually a bit more. B-Cells never will deliver the rated AH from the working range, hence why they are B. Bulk Cells are even worse, next step would be scrap & recycle.

A Caution of sorts... Depending on the application (mobile or static storage) consideration needs to account for vibrations & movement. They account for that by binding the cells properly and not over compressing etc... There has to be a wee bit of give as the cells expand/shrink with charge/discharge & temps of course.

Back