diy solar

diy solar

November 11th is US Veterans day and many Veterans use or need solar power!

Solarcabin Channel

Solar Addict
November 11th is US Veterans day and many thanks to all Veterans and their families for service to our country and world!

Many Veterans come back severely harmed and end up homeless or barely making it and I have worked with many to help them set up tiny homes and off grid solar power systems so they can have basic power.

Some companies that sell solar equipment have discounts for Veterans so check in to that and states and Fed programs help Veterans and other low income people to pay for housing and solar power. You just have to apply.

Permanent Housing Assistance For Veterans​

Programs Offering Free Solar Panels for Veterans​

If you need a job/career there are also programs to train you to work in the solar field.

Solar Ready Vets® Pilot Program​

Found me. I'm more of a lurker, but I love to see programs like this. Many of us and especially the older generations are slow to take a "handout" even though that's not what this is. Its just something engrained in us that we can "do it ourselves".

Programs like these are especially helpful to iur retured or med discharged brothers who are now on fixed income and unable to work a regular job. Covering utilities or part of it indefinitely provides so much more independence.

Thanks for posting this. I'll look into the programs for myself, but there always that little voice in the back of our heads that says "I don't deserve anything different than anyone else".

Happy Veterans day, y'all.

but there always that little voice in the back of our heads that says "I don't deserve anything different than anyone else".
Right on man!

Yes, that stubborn pride gets in the way of getting back on your feet for a lot of people and a few times I have helped surreptitiously by finding where they are living and sending a solar kit anonymously.

I would have to move or cut down my neighbors trees to utilize solar .... and moving isn't in the cards for me right now.

I'm envious of y'all who are building your home solar.

Bumping this up for the evening viewers.

Had some good talks with a few Vets I know today. My dad was a WW2 vet, one brother in Korea and one in Vietnam.

I was too young for that and too old for Desert Storm and Iraq.

The way things are going in the ME I hope my kids won't be dealing with a war and the terrible toll it has on our world!

Back