diy solar

diy solar

Novice here who passed on an all in one unit

DIY-rookie

Hello, glad to be here. So I went all out this week and made a hefty purchase of the new Bluetti AC300 with 4 extension batteries (pretty impressive actually for an all in one unit, it can take in a whopping 2400 watts of solar input, and has 12,300Wh capacity)…I however got spooked and canceled the order when I later watched a tear down video and just saw a sea of special proprietary parts and electronics. Like what would I do if something went wrong after the warranty period?? It ain’t like these companies design these things to have many replaceable parts on the inside, and you can just load up on replacement parts.

So now I instead want to buy four 12v 206Ah SOK batteries and wire them in series, and then have fun trying to learn how to size and piece together a system of my own. My first rookie question is about the BMS that SOK batteries come with, is the BMS all automatic, if I put 4 in series will the BMSs in each battery know automatically what I did, or would I somehow change some settings? Thanks.

Oh and to add one detail, I own 4 Rich Solar 200W suitcase panels so far. I have read that it’s a good idea to stick with the same size and brand if you can to keep things easy and consistent…so I guess I’m pot committed to them and I’ll just wind up buying more of the same.

Last edited:
own 4 Rich Solar 200W suitcase panels so far. I have read that it’s a good idea to stick with the same size and brand if you can to keep things easy and consistent…so I guess I’m pot committed to them
So 800W of suitcase?
What are the specs on their label?

I personally wouldn’t keep buying suitcases merely cuz you have suitcases if you can match/make them work with more traditional rigid panels. That are often better panels and usually better priced. OR run a separate charge controller and build that with commodity panels that are better priced.

Back