diy solar

diy solar

Paralleling the EG4 PowerPro Wall battery.

What's the best way to wire 1 powerpro and a rack of 6 eg4 lifepower4
That depends. If you have two 18kpv’s you could run one battery bank to either inverter. Otherwise you’d have to run both to a central bus bar and use them in open loop I’d say.

I have 1 x 18k and I want to use closed loop. I think Will has his closed loop with the Ruixu rack batteries but not sure how he wired them. Looks like he put them in series but cant be sure.

There is a t-class fuse only for the server rack towers bus bar to powepro bus bar. The conductor and bus bar size for each pack to inverter is designed not to need one. The built in breaker and BMS OVPD is plenty.

So, no fuse between the powerpro batteries on my system
Will,
The manual says if you connect any other non 280ah lithium battery up to it it voids the warranty. I was thinking about doing the same thing with the server rack batteries I have but not if it voids the warranty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904_144151_Acrobat for Samsung~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904_144151_Acrobat for Samsung~2.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
They can’t communicate. So there is issues that could arise in those situations. I would either run everything closed loop, or open loop. Not a hybrid of both.

Pretty much every 48V battery manufacturer states that somewhere in their warranty. I will always parallel them if each battery string has OCPD and proper size conductor. But that's me. Even though the voltage curve is flat, these batteries will still feed energy proportional to their size. If you connect them in parallel and they don't, there's an issue. Now when it comes to warranty they're all going to say that. I just ignore it.

Last edited:
I just don't care what the warranty says. If it breaks when it shouldn't, then I'll file a claim. If I'm an idiot and I break the device, then I do not file a claim because it was my fault.

The brochure, website listing and Filterguy postings are causing me confusion.
Batteries come with a set of inverter power cables but no battery parallel power cables now, correct ?
Can you officially connect up to 3 or 5 batteries to a single inverter ? And what will meet code ?
Any reason we cannot stack batteries front to back rather than side to side ?
I would add stack 2 high but that would take some balls !!!
Are Filterguys suggestions correct and fully supported by SS ?
How do we connect the stop switch to the master battery and 2 other batteries plus inverter comms to it ?

Sorry to be pedantic, but small confusions like these have caused big issues for you guys before.

Last edited:
The brochure, website listing and Filterguy postings are causing me confusion.
Batteries come with a set of inverter power cables but no battery parallel power cables now, correct ?
Can you officially connect up to 3 or 5 batteries to a single inverter ? And what will meet code ?
Any reason we cannot stack batteries front to back rather than side to side ?
I would add stack 2 high but that would take some balls !!!
Are Filterguys suggestions correct and fully supported by SS ?
How do we connect the stop switch to the master battery and 2 other batteries plus inverter comms to it ?

Sorry to be pedantic, but small confusions like these have caused big issues for you guys before.

correct
3 batts are imminently getting UL9540, 5 are possible without external busbaring
no reason not to
we do have it planned to stack 2 high
Filterguy is always backed on his input
the stop switch connects to the inverter, battery comms do the rest

Just purchased 2 of the EG4 PowerPro batteries as a bundle with EG4 18kPV, conduit boxes, and cables. Paralleling cables came with only one end having the quick connect - the other end was stripped wire. When I contacted Signature Solar and asked how to parallel my batteries with the cables they sent, their answer was that I needed to purchase quick connects and attached to the stripped end myself. Has anyone else had this issue? If anyone has two or more in parallel, how did you do it?

Just purchased 2 of the EG4 PowerPro batteries as a bundle with EG4 18kPV, conduit boxes, and cables. Paralleling cables came with only one end having the quick connect - the other end was stripped wire. When I contacted Signature Solar and asked how to parallel my batteries with the cables they sent, their answer was that I needed to purchase quick connects and attached to the stripped end myself. Has anyone else had this issue? If anyone has two or more in parallel, how did you do it?
It's supposed to come with cables with connectors on both ends. They must have missed packaging it

It's supposed to come with cables with connectors on both ends. They must have missed packaging it
I was communicating with Customer Service. Customer service person checked with the "technicians" (twice apparently) and the answer was the correct cables were sent. Additionally, they indicated that I would have to acquire and install the amphenol connector myself.

They come with one end stripped to go into the inverter and the parallel cables are an additional purchase add-on. The fact that you were told you had to add your own connectors is scary when the answer is right in front of them. https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-powerpro-battery-paralleling-cables/
Yes, I agree. Their website shows the paralleling cables as if this is all you need to connect two batteries in parallel. In my opinion, a bit misleading at minimum. This fact was mentioned when I contacted them, but they made no comment about it. My order included two of the paralleling kits.

Last edited:
Oh darn, I thought it was included. Sorry.

Makes sense though considering the price of the battery and cables. Would increase total cost of battery by $100 if they included them

Back