diy solar

diy solar

Pick up stuff from santan today 115°f and nasty in the oven(Phoenix)

73powerstroke

Solar Enthusiast
I almost bought a sungold sp6548. But after driving 2 hrs i came to my senses.
But I did get some nice lg 250w monocrystalline panels for $51 each and a much needed 150a battery circuit breaker and a 63a dc solar breaker for some protection.
My problem is i have 20x 240w trina cracked vinyl panels from last year, 6 gloria 235w panels. I have some groups here and there and wires all over. All in 2 series. Branch adapters here and there.
A hvlv2424 inverter, several epever 40amp tracer 4210an charge controllers, and just yesterday i got my first lifepo4 battery a ampere-time (li-time) 24v 100ah battery and a older powmr 3k24v aio inverter. I usually just run one 5000btu and a 6000btu unit completely off grid and recently a 10k btu unit. Probably lacking enough solar and battery more than anything. I guess i dont know what's next for my budget solar ? but i kinda wanted something that can do batteryless operations but also not sure i want 120v only. 240v split would be nice.
Maybe i could get 2 cheap 3k aio inverters for 240.
Any hopefully tomorrow I can test out the new panels.

Attachments

• 20230717_214256.jpg
    20230717_214256.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230717_214250.jpg
    20230717_214250.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230717_184423.jpg
    20230717_184423.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230717_214259.jpg
    20230717_214259.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 26
240v split phase, battery less and cheap don’t really go together buddy.

If you want to make everything work with what you’ve got and on the cheap then just start stringing some cheap 12v lead acid batteries with some jumper cables and only run those A/Cs during the day.

If you want to make everything work with what you’ve got and on the cheap then just start stringing some cheap 12v lead acid batteries with some jumper cables and only run those A/Cs during the day.

You ever seen his other threads? :p

I would never do such a thing lol ? ? ?

You were less than a mile from me. I work near Gilbert and Germann just down the road.
Yep. We came home to a storm here. Right now. Winds and lightning ? maybe youll get some tomorrow. The humidity sucks.
When did they put in the new exit behind santan off the 202? Sure makes for a easier time

Yep. We came home to a storm here. Right now. Winds and lightning ? maybe youll get some tomorrow. The humidity sucks.
When did they put in the new exit behind santan off the 202? Sure makes for a easier time

That Lindsey interchange is pretty new... maybe a few months. I live to the East of there, so it's pretty damn magical for me.

We got the haboob and a little lightning in the distance. Effing June was so mild, July snuck right up on me and is kicking my ass!

That Lindsey interchange is pretty new... maybe a few months. I live to the East of there, so it's pretty damn magical for me.

We got the haboob and a little lightning in the distance. Effing June was so mild, July snuck right up on me and is kicking my ass!
Its been hot and dry even here. We broke records this weekend. My truck is now leaking oil like everywhere. Its too nasty out for me to deal with it. Not wanting to pull the turbo to see if im leaking there or not. I just paid my triple A membership and cross my fingers and pray to the diesel gods i get where i need to without being stranded on the side of the road at 115 degrees or something nutts

Not sure which truck you have but if its a 7.3 powerstroke the high pressure oil lines love going out with miles. The ones in the engine valley dead center. Starts with random oil sprays you can't tell where its coming from till it blows and leave you stranded. Been there done that :)

Not sure which truck you have but if its a 7.3 powerstroke the high pressure oil lines love going out with miles. The ones in the engine valley dead center. Starts with random oil sprays you can't tell where its coming from till it blows and leave you stranded. Been there done that :)
Yep i have two of them lol. A 97 f250hd and the 02 f350 7.3. One line was loose this winter. I tighten it and no morectrouble till now. It looks like turbo pedestal but i cant really tell.

Mines an 02 F250.

Turbo work sucks. I don't mind anything else on it but the turbo's annoying to get to.

Mines an 02 F250.

Turbo work sucks. I don't mind anything else on it but the turbo's annoying to get to.
6.0L is worse.

GM isn't any different, if a turbo is needed on a Duramax, I raise the cab anymore. Ford 6.4L I raise cabs too.

6.0L is worse.

GM isn't any different, if a turbo is needed on a Duramax, I raise the cab anymore. Ford 6.4L I raise cabs too.
I wouldn't own a ford 6.0 and its not because they can't be reliable or anything (which they can be with the right mods). It's because at my age I couldn't deal with they way its packed in there like sardines. You can't get to anything on one of those without major grief or cab removal.

I'm pretty short so I can actually sit down under the hood of the 7.3 for working on it which helps a bunch.

I wouldn't own a ford 6.0 and its not because they can't be reliable or anything (which they can be with the right mods). It's because at my age I couldn't deal with they way its packed in there like sardines. You can't get to anything on one of those without major grief or cab removal.

I'm pretty short so I can actually sit down under the hood of the 7.3 for working on it which helps a bunch.
I like the old dodge cummins. You can pretty much stand in the engine bay next to the six.

6.0L is worse.

Some people like them. These days the 7.3 is regarded by these new people as ancient. I guess it probably is. But it was made by for or Isuzu. And its what i could afford at the time and ive stuck with them. 6.4 has some serious problems also. Washed out regen crap and burnt pistons. My neighbor has a newer 6.7 and the turbo shaft snapped according to his mechanic. It has about 75k on it. His family has had nothing but issues with it but its a nice truck otherwise.
Im not a diesel mechanic but i might end up being one for garbage truck company.
Lately just want to sell the harley and get a honda civic or something for gas milage lol . Give me a tesla for free ill plug it in and drive it for free lol

I looked on Amazon and could decide what ones were a good choice. I should replace those anyway and then i can see if that solves it. Theres oil in places after ive cleaned and evacuated the engine valley that would indicate either spray or something

I looked on Amazon and could decide what ones were a good choice. I should replace those anyway and then i can see if that solves it. Theres oil in places after ive cleaned and evacuated the engine valley that would indicate either spray or something
I'd replace them. I wish I had of before one blew driving down the road.

One nice thing about a 7.3 you can't run it without oil :)

Second it gets real low on oil it quits.

The things start "weeping" before they blow which could be what your experiencing and if they haven't been replaced they will have to be eventually. The flexing from all the shaking causes them to fail over time.

Oh and find out what size the flare nuts are because you will need a REALLY short wrench to take them off and put them back on. I ended up cutting a wrench in half to fit in there. So make sure you have one that will clear it all and if you don't get one or make sure you have one your willing to cut on.

I can't remember which line or anything its been years ago it happened. Seems like it was towards the front.

Since the lines can fabricated in different ways yours may not be a pain but I'd make sure before the new ones got there in advance.

I'd replace them. I wish I had of before one blew driving down the road.

One nice thing about a 7.3 you can't run it without oil :)

Second it gets real low on oil it quits.

The things start "weeping" before they blow which could be what your experiencing and if they haven't been replaced they will have to be eventually. The flexing from all the shaking causes them to fail over time.

Oh and find out what size the flare nuts are because you will need a REALLY short wrench to take them off and put them back on. I ended up cutting a wrench in half to fit in there. So make sure you have one that will clear it all and if you don't get one or make sure you have one your willing to cut on.

I can't remember which line or anything its been years ago it happened. Seems like it was towards the front.

Since the lines can fabricated in different ways yours may not be a pain but I'd make sure before the new ones got there in advance.
I guess i can just order some up on Amazon and see how they are. One of mine on the passenger side head was loose and leaking. So i just tighten it up and was good.
Ive also got a pretty sloppy shifter at 400k. Alot of times when i back up it doesnt go unless i fiddle with the shifter.
And after something yesterday at 115°f happened where its got me wondering if its really a sloppy shifter or a tranny issue. Its alway done this since 2020 when i first got the truck. I can rebuild the trans myself but pulling it is not something i want to do in my driveway.
The truck came from Montana. For some reason the passenger side head is rusted to hell. The drivers side isnt. The cab must leak because the floor is rusted under the door jamb. Ive probably got my $6000 dollars out of it now. It had 335k on it in 2020 and now it has about 405k.
Ive been out of work a while and burned up my saving so ive just had to make do.
I spent probably 4k on solar in the last year and i made some mistakes along the way learning. Itll be a while before I see any return on investments.
My power bill is $70 this month. Was 60 last and 55 before. Apparently the window box fans all 3 raised my bill.
We run ac units with solar stuff. That saves us from a 100 to bill maybe $250 from about May to October or November. May is usually 100, then 100 for jun and 150 for July and 150 for august and 100 for September. I might save 300 to 400 a year from solar. Not great numbers for a broke guy.

Back