diy solar

diy solar

Please Help With Direction

If you use search on this forum typing "Bluesun", you'll find many Bluesun users including me. I also have two Bluesun (plus two Deye/Sunsynk/Sol-Ark) inverters to go with them. My panels are 700W shingled cell bifacials and I'm pretty happy with them so far. IRC I paid 0,35c/W a year ago including 24% VAT and postage, so they were cheap for me and perfect for my installation setup. Just last Friday I bought 14,3kWp more panels, but this time I don't need bifacials so went with GCL 550W halfcut monofacials as they were just 0,19c/W including everything. Panel prices seem to plummet here when winter/snow comes.
Ok I did search the forum but no one posts how well the panels are doing. I have 20.75kw of Bluesun bifacial (paid $0.40ppw) that I just went live on Thursday.
It was Rain all day Friday and only got a max of 800W max and a total of 2.3kwh. A neighbor of mine with 13kw system produced 4.6kwh.

On Saturday it was heavy overcast and got only 1.2W max.
Today rain again and only hovering at 200W max.

But that’s good to hear you’re liking the panels. I just can’t find anyone testing these companies panels so wasn’t sure if BlueSun spec sheets are accurate or not.

Ok I did search the forum but no one posts how well the panels are doing. I have 20.75kw of Bluesun bifacial (paid $0.40ppw) that I just went live on Thursday.
It was Rain all day Friday and only got a max of 800W max and a total of 2.3kwh. A neighbor of mine with 13kw system produced 4.6kwh.

On Saturday it was heavy overcast and got only 1.2W max.
Today rain again and only hovering at 200W max.

But that’s good to hear you’re liking the panels. I just can’t find anyone testing these companies panels so wasn’t sure if BlueSun spec sheets are accurate or not.
You started your "solar journey" at the worst possible time of the year. I think my worst production day so far has been around 3kWh and that's out of 44,1kWp array. Now that we have some 30cm of snow my setup produces twice that on a bad day.

Comparing daily yield to your neighbor's yield can vary so many things other than panels (azimuth, tilt, leaves over the panels, shadows, snow, inverter, wiring, load, albedo...). Actually in my setup string number 4 is always ~200W behind others while being identically paneled. I think it is because of wiring, but not sure yet.

Back