diy solar

diy solar

Power Distro Boxes - Littelfuse MDB5 (victron alternative)

mega5

Just want to share this distro box I found and also see other ideas people have for a cost effective fused distro box which typically gets handled by the Lynx. Personally I don't just blindly buy Victron when I don't need it unless there is a real value add and all I need is a fused bus bar.

The thing I like about this one (compared to modding the Victron Power In to accept fuses) is that this has 2x Mega and 3x MIDI fuses so it can handle a range of different amperage fuses. With the Power In I would still need another distro to a 6-circuit fuse box (like the blue sea) to handle the lower amp circuits.

The perfect thing for me would be like the above but about 10 circuits. Well actually I can buy two of these for the price of a Lynx.

Anyway wondering if anyone else has suggestions on distro boxes.

Edit: Also I found this basic Victron 6 way mega fuse holder which seems like a decent low cost option to accomplish mostly the same thing just not weather sealed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N1663MV

Last edited:
Just want to share this distro box I found and also see other ideas people have for a cost effective fused distro box which typically gets handled by the Lynx. Personally I don't just blindly buy Victron when I don't need it unless there is a real value add and all I need is a fused bus bar.

The thing I like about this one (compared to modding the Victron Power In to accept fuses) is that this has 2x Mega and 3x MIDI fuses so it can handle a range of different amperage fuses. With the Power In I would still need another distro to a 6-circuit fuse box (like the blue sea) to handle the lower amp circuits.

The perfect thing for me would be like the above but about 10 circuits. Well actually I can buy two of these for the price of a Lynx.

Anyway wondering if anyone else has suggestions on distro boxes.

Edit: Also I found this basic Victron 6 way mega fuse holder which seems like a decent low cost option to accomplish mostly the same thing just not weather sealed. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N1663MV
Apparently based on the reviews that Victron is mislabeled at 500A when it's really 250A, also quality doesn't seem to meet expected Victron standards.

Back