diy solar

diy solar

Problem with chargeverter

My back of napkin math indicates that my eu2000i generator should be able to handle a charge setting of 56V x 23A if I want to run it ragged right at its 1600W rating.

I figure 56v x 23A ÷ .8 (a good approximation of AC/DC losses etc) is 1,600W.

So if I want to run it at about 80% of 1600W, my "close enough for government work" settings should be about 56V x 18A.

(56x18÷.8=1260)

And yet my generator STILL won't run that setting without ramping it up manually on the control panel.

Regardless of whether I turn on the generator first or the Chargeverter first the only stable charge setting are 56V x 12.5A.

Which should only be about 850 Watts of draw from the generator.

Sorry for overtaking this thread, but I felt the need to clarify what I was referring to.

It sounds like I need to look into the case of the Chargeverter and see if both modules are working, as that could be an issue if it's trying to produce all the power through one of the rectifier units rather
than splitting it between two?

I have a champion 2500 and can set it at 28a IF i have the chargeverter already on when I start generator/plug it in so that is slowly ramps up, if I get it spike it will kick off and retry around 3 times then slowly ramp up again after that… (it does not trip the generator as over current, just chargeverter saying not enough power and it kicks off and retries..)

I did the math like this : 54*28=1512w going in batteries
And then: 1512 is 12.6a …

This is true even when I turn off eco and let the generator run full speed.. it has to slowly ramp up, and from what I know the old yellow models do not ramp up … and in this case I could only get it to run 23a with eco mode off and flip of breaker on chargeverter to surge .. (it worked most of the time this way but not all the time)

MattMan

diy solar

diy solar
Back