diy solar

diy solar

Purchased from "BATTERY FINDS"

There is no justification for sanding off a QR code and relasering it to say something else. NONE.

If they come with a B on it or are marred off then then leave them that way, don't try to change them into looking like something else.

The debate on weather or not grade B are worth it or not is an entirely different matter.

There is no justification for sanding off a QR code and relasering it to say something else. NONE.
What’s the justification for caring about this at all if the cell functions as intended

Cause test reports & valid QR codes = grade A!!!!!

lol he is on a one man mission, question everything, nothing is as it seems. Greedy companies steel our money via false advertising and beat up school children and park in handicap spots.

lol he is on a one man mission, question everything, nothing is as it seems.

For real! Like he just waits for posts to start bashing.

We get it, ok you'll probably have better success from the sellers with test reports, but not everyone can afford those!

On the same token, I have to admit some of his hunches turn out to be true 🤷‍♂️

Except for when they turn, which looks like 18650 has with sending out 280 cells when people ordered 304s.

IMO it’s all a gamble and they are all grade b, just varying shades of grade b and some sellers are slightly better but that all changes as the “rolling stock” of reject cells move from the wearhouse. What you buy today won’t be what you buy 2-4-6mo from now.

Well I received the balance of my 16 unit order (48v system). I have not recieved the load tester yet so I still can't comment about their true ah rating, but I will say every cell looks perfectly flat and no markings, and they all measured exactly the same at 3.28 vdc. One other observation was this time I took a photo of the terminal before and after I inserted the 10mm set screw.
Before there is absolutely no marking of any previous use, the second photo is after only tightening in one set screw you can see the mark off at the bottom of the treaded hole.
One other observation these came packed in sets of 2's each had a full assortment of hardware. Including 4 flange nuts, 4 wide washer, 4 cut lock washers, 2 red & 2 black insulator caps, 2 buss bars with center insulation wrap, 2 positive labels 2 negaitive labels, 2 battery labels, 3 epoxy glass 6.75'x7.75'x0.12" separation sheets and one allen wrench but no 10mm nut driver :rolleyes:.

So until I have verified the actual ah rating I will hold my full approval but so far I am pleased.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 8
  • image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 8
F##K, F##K, F##K
Not Happy, I received the $40 load tester from Amazon, yesterday and was very excited to finally see how these 172ah batteries would perform.

So prior to testing, I checked the current voltage status and they were just below 3.50 at 3.48vdc. So I thought, I should top balance them again back to 3,65vdc then allow them to sit for an hour before performing the load test. Well the cheap #%$#^% Chinese CV-CC DC power source, now in the trash can, just would not allow me to set into a CV mode, only CC (it did the first time I top balanced them?). Well I was checking quite often so I place it on 1.0 amp and began to top off all 4 (connected in parallel) 172ah cells. checking every 30 to 60 minutes or so. I come into the shop checking for the 5th time and they are suddenly up over 3.65 at almost 3.8vdc. I quickly disconnected the power source and connected to a load to get them down below 3.65 fast. They may have been at this over charge for no more than 1/2 hour as I was checking so often, but they did go there. :fp2

I just ran the load test over night on the first cell at .1c (17.2 amps from 3.60 down to 2.50) and got only 168 ah not the 172ah per the description. So did I ruin these cells or were they never 172ah to begin with.

I still have the (16) 302ah batteries to check. For this task, I have ordered the much larger ZEKTEK ECB-A40L charger/tester, which I should have ordered in the first place. :fp2

A very unhappy DIYer here, but I guess we all have to do this once and hopefully only once.

Jake,

Be a MAN and take off the black cover and clean it from edge to edge and post pictures of the QR code. Capacity Shamacity Test mean nothing, keeping these cells balanced is going to be your real challenge, better get an active balancer to keep these "special need" cells in place.

Once you established these are grade B then I"ll tell you what you should do next.

We'll see what Goose And Falcon have to say then or if they will fly away in shame. Birds of a feather...

Yet again another example top balancing isn’t worth it.

Any bulging of the cells?

Jake,

Be a MAN and take off the black cover and clean it from edge to edge and post pictures of the QR code. Capacity Shamacity Test mean nothing, keeping these cells balanced is going to be your real challenge, better get an active balancer to keep these "special need" cells in place.

Once you established these are grade B then I"ll tell you what you should do next.

We'll see what Goose And Falcon have to say then or if they will fly away in shame. Birds of a feather...
Capacity tests are just as useless as QR codes fake or real and “test reports”.

Everything is grade b anyone saying otherwise just wants to feel good with their purchase.

Yet again another example top balancing isn’t worth it.

Any bulging of the cells?
Nope, no bulging.

I really don’t care if these are grade A or B or Z. I just want to know if they have the capacity advertised. And if by my error did I loose X number of cycles.

At 168ah they are bigger (capacity) than anything ever put in the house battery location in a VW Westfalia, so I’m happy as long as I still have 2000-3000 charging cycles left.

Back