diy solar

diy solar

Received 280ah cells from Basen

RV365

So received my cells this morning from Basen. All four have damage in the corner. They were even nice enough to mark the damage for me with a sharpie. They were packaged beautifully though.

Attachments

• 406D991C-1BCF-4E76-BE3E-911A5650556C.jpeg
    406D991C-1BCF-4E76-BE3E-911A5650556C.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 104
  • 1EF16349-78C7-4084-B879-ACCDE814A5D4.jpeg
    1EF16349-78C7-4084-B879-ACCDE814A5D4.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 100
All 4 show exactly 3.300 volts.

Basen has been exceptional in responding to emails. I’m pretty confident this will have a good outcome. Just a bummer I’m delayed for another month.

So they knowingly sent you damaged cells? o_O Now begins the long protracted Chinese return/replace process.
Basen has officially been added to "the list" ??

All 4 show exactly 3.300 volts.

Basen has been exceptional in responding to emails. I’m pretty confident this will have a good outcome. Just a bummer I’m delayed for another month.

Like they say... Time is Money! I hope they are compensating you for your lost time.

It’s too early to say. However, each damaged area was already marked in black sharpie where the damage is. I doubt Fedex would have marked them. I did notice a crack in the bottom packaging that could indicate freight damage. But, these are packaged so well I don’t think freight damage is the cause

So they knowingly sent you damaged cells? o_O Now begins the long protracted Chinese return/replace process.
Basen has officially been added to "the list" ??

Well, you are correct. They are being difficult about replacing the 4 batteries. I guess my expectations were too high. I figured they would say, "yes those batteries were damaged and we will send replacements and file a freight damage claim" on your behalf. After all, the terms of sale were DDP. They want me to test the internal resistance of the batteries. What a crock, I said no way!!

awwww, good i just saw this. torn between basen and xuba, this makes it a lil more easy

So far it's not going well with Basen. They won't do anything until I check voltage and resistance. It sounds like if resistance checks out they are going to do anything.

So far it's not going well with Basen. They won't do anything until I check voltage and resistance. It sounds like if resistance checks out they are going to do anything.
Sounds like it's time to tell them the resistance is too high. Hopefully you paid with a credit card.
If they get really picky and want you to send a video measuring resistance, might be time to "accidentally" forget to tell them you overcharged then over discharged them.

I wouldn't accept that. The prismatic case is damaged. That should be enough evidence for them. I am really surprised they are giving you a hard time. If you don't get a resolution then dispute it with your credit card. If you didn't pay with a credit card then go through Trade Assurance. The product may not be defective but it is damaged which could lead to problems later on since it is clear it was dropped and the damage was noted with a marker.

Sorry, I have been away for a while. Baden replaced them and the replacements were perfect. They have improved their packaging greatly compared to the first shipment

Sorry, I have been away for a while. Baden replaced them and the replacements were perfect. They have improved their packaging greatly compared to the first shipment
So how long did it take you to get the replacement? I have one cell (Received on Dec 30th) that is damaged due to bad foam insert, Gloria Lua told me she will semd me the replacement but I have not receive the Tracking number yet.

I had four replaced and it took about three months. A little longer than normal due to the Christmas shipments.
I was really pleased with how they handled the situation.

I had four replaced and it took about three months. A little longer than normal due to the Christmas shipments.
Did you have to measure IR and send it to them?

Have you tested the capacity of the damaged cells, would be interesting to see the effect of such damage on capacity

Can you explain what was wrong with your 4 cells and how you documented those deficiencies to their satisfaction?

just read back on the thread and looks like it was shipping damage. They requested internal resistance checks (which makes no sense for shipping damage) and you pushed back.

So in the end they agreed to replace 4 cells obviously damaged in shipping based on photographic evidence you provided, is that about the right summary?

I’m interested to understand whether anyone has successfully had cells replaced because of defective capacity and/or defective internal resistance and how the vendors are asking those cell defects to be documented.

Three months? Wow, I hope it will not take taht long to get my one cell replaced. BTW, who is your contact, Alex or Gloria?

Back