diy solar

diy solar

Renogy DCC50S powered by Thermoelectric generator

yancy

I just picked up the DCC50S and have been losing sleep wondering if the Thermoelectric generator on my diesel air heater would be able to work as the alternator and I'm happy to say that it does! Now I can charge the batteries at night while using the heater.Screenshot_20201221-164208.png

40W output thermoelectric generator? How much does THAT cost? Got a link for replacement part?
Could be up to 1kWh/day for people burning wood, oil, whatever.
I think it was putting out 65 watts when I first started.

I think I see a shunt but not a fuse, suggest adding a battery fuse.

Two batteries in parallel, charge controller connects with both wires to one battery. Having charge controller wires go to positive of one, negative of the other provide better balance of current (only matters at high charge/drain rate.)

FLA batteries release corrosive gasses. Suggest you enclose/vent outside in some way so electronics doesn't get exposed to that acid.

I think I see a shunt but not a fuse, suggest adding a battery fuse.

Two batteries in parallel, charge controller connects with both wires to one battery. Having charge controller wires go to positive of one, negative of the other provide better balance of current (only matters at high charge/drain rate.)

FLA batteries release corrosive gasses. Suggest you enclose/vent outside in some way so electronics doesn't get exposed to that acid.
You are correct, this is a super temporary setup for the proof of concept and to test the shunt and DC to DC charger, the final version will be LiFePO.

It's a mill spec self contained diesel heater. SHC35
I picked it up to heat a bus conversion I'm working on and noticed that the TEG has great output so I was thinking after it charged up it's own battery it could be used to charge the service batteries.

Last edited:
Noticed there was a couple of thermoelectric generators for sale on eBay:
30 watt item 143869362853 $170 usd
15 watt item 143869363708 $110 usd

Back