diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover 20A what does amp on display mean?

Abongers

Hi, I just bought a new Renogy Rover to pimp up and re build my cheap 160w (2x80W) foldable solarpanels. I have rewired my foldable panel parts to go in series, so I get ~36V.
Now I connected my Rover 20A and tried ot out by trying to charge an (almost full) battery.
Now I am wondering what the display of tye Rover shows in the "amp" section? Is this the current that is going into the battery, i.e. the current AFTER the controller, or is it the current that goes into the controller, i.e. current between pannel and controller?
In other words I am wondering what I need to do to calculate the power that is currently delivered to the battery. Do I have to multiply the current that is shown on the display with the voltage of tye panel (which would be ~36V in my case), or do I have to multiply by the battery voltage, i.e. 12V?

The backround of this question is that I measured only about 0.6 Amps on tge Rover display on a cloudy day. If multiplied by 36V I get about 21 Watt output, which seems very low to me for a 160W panel. Maybe anybody has an idea if this is reasonable on an overcast/rainy day? At leadt it could somehow be reasonable. Hiwver, when I multiply tye amps showing on the display by the battery voltage I only get 12V×0.6A=7.2W, which seems irrationally low to me.

So the essence of my question is twofold: 1. Is the shown in the Rover before or after the controller (assuming the amps would be transormed upwards when the panel del8vers 36V)? 2. Is the low current of only 0.6A shown on Rover in rainy weather reasonable for a 2x80W system with both panels connected in series, or is something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Thanks.
So that means, on a sunny perfect day I should expect to see a current of about 160W/12V=13.3A on the Renogy display?

Back