diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Rover 40 MPPT User Settings not Accepted for 24V System

retrodog

I went into the parameters after setting it up for 24V and they seem to be stuck on the values for a 12V battery. It won't let me step up the numbers on the charger and will not accept them when entered via the app with the BT-1 interface. How do you get past this?

Is your Rover connected to a 12V battery?

If so, and if you want to change to 24V battery, set it to auto detect. Connect to 24V then set to 24V setting.

I just tried to talk to Renogy tech support and they told me that I need to mentally double the numbers on display for the settings. Even though everything is set up for 24V, all the parameters stay in the 12V levels and the controller automatically doubles them for operations. This seems rather strange.

Agreed. I hope you laughed hard, loud and long when Renogy told you that.
I'm laughing now. Thanks. At the time, I just looked at the second one that is still in the box (just bought it this week) and considered driving it down to Kohl's to do an Amazon return. The jury is still out on that one.

Amazing they are so Lazy as to not change the Parameters, how many People Will cook their battery's not knowing this?- Thanks Guys just Spent two hours trying to figure this out:)

It's correct what Renogy say. Set your the values as for a12v system and change the battery voltage type to 24 volts. The numbers stay at 12v levels.
It's advised to test the actual voltages with a meter as the calibration is often out by a few 100mV .

Renogy products are not what you would want to recommend to a friend.

In the UK Renogy is having a huge advertising campaign for their product range , direct sales from Renogy. The prices are very competitive undercutting competitors by a considerable margin.

Mike

Yes, I also have the Renogy Rover 60A with a 24V battery system, and I need to double the settings.
However, the menus limit the numbers between 9 and 17. You can't set anything higher than 17.

So, all the doubled numbers are above 20, which I can't set it to.
I asked Renogy, and they simply repeat "double the numbers", despite the fact that you can't actually double the numbers in the settings.

How has anyone gotten around that? How can one set the numbers higher than 17?
or do we simply leave it at the default 12V numbers and hope everything works out?

One user suggested that the charge controller might double the numbers itself, so even though we see the 12V numbers it uses 24V numbers - can anyone confirm if that is true?

Thanks!

Hi all, I have the same issue I can't change any of the 24V settings above 17, any help would be appreciate.
Renogy Rover 60A MPPT

Hi all, I have the same issue I can't change any of the 24V settings above 17, any help would be appreciate.
Renogy Rover 60A MPPT

Renogy Rover Solar Charge Controllers only have settings for 12 volt systems. For 24 volt systems double values and for 48 volt systems multiply by 4. So a 14 volt boost would be 28 in 24 volt system and 56 in a 48 volt system. Need Rover 60 or 100 amp for 48 volt systems. The Rover will autosense the voltage and select the proper multiplier, but all values are Entered and Displayed for 12 volt system.

Check out this Post & Thread for more info on your Rover 60A MPPT solar charge controller by clicking the link.

Back