diy solar

diy solar

RuiXU battery experiences

Is everyone still happy with the Riuxu batteries? I'm considering the 10-battery rack to pair with a Sol-ark 15K.

Any issues getting comms working properly?

Is everyone still happy with the Riuxu batteries? I'm considering the 10-battery rack to pair with a Sol-ark 15K.

Any issues getting comms working properly?
The manual is quite thorough, 28 pages with tables, and illustrations. It puts the EG-4 stuff to shame, very professional looking with little if any Chinglish, easy to understand.

My only problem is, at the time I couldn't find a patch cord in my box of crap that was the right length for some reason, they were all either 25ft or 3ft long. Just buy something from amazon of the optimal length, I like the flat stuff

To an earlier post, RS-485 is a 2-wire serial protocol, basically an asynchronous protocol like RS-232/422 but over a shared differential bus instead of dedicated transmit/receive pins to a ground. It's used a lot for probes and other devices that get polled, and if memory serves theoretically supports 256 devices on a single pair, though most chipsets limit it well below that, like 40 or so.

RJ-45 is the form factor of the plastic 8 conductor cable end used by most network cables and sockets (Ethernet). The RUiXU manual describes everything you might need. Pins out 1/2 and 7/8 for RS485 and 4/5 for CAN, No polarity issues, worked with a straight thru cable to an EG4 18KPV, and it has dip switches that allow you to set the baud rate and the protocol. According to the manual you will want protocol '2' for SolArk, dip-switch 6 on.

NOTE: The CABLE is the same but these boxes are not talking over ETHERNET, the voltages and signaling are totally different.

My batteries are performing quite well with 2 X 6000XP’s. Communication works and seems to measure voltage well.

The Ruixu rack is really nice.

My one issue is that I’ve seen my SOC% deviate from my voltage somewhat, but haven’t drilled into it to figure it out completely. Also, they are not on 6000XP’s battery compatibility list, so I wouldn’t expect the communication to work flawlessly.

My batteries are performing quite well with 2 X 6000XP’s. Communication works and seems to measure voltage well.

The Ruixu rack is really nice.

My one issue is that I’ve seen my SOC% deviate from my voltage somewhat, but haven’t drilled into it to figure it out completely. Also, they are not on 6000XP’s battery compatibility list, so I wouldn’t expect the communication to work flawlessly.
The SOC may deviate if you ever have a load of less than 0.5A per battery.. Any time less than that will not be recorded as consumption by the BMS. So if you left the inverter on idle for a week, without solar input, the batteries would die with 99% SOC indicated.

The SOC may deviate if you ever have a load of less than 0.5A per battery.
I think that is exactly what happened. Phase 1 (complete) of my project was putting in a battery backup system. Phase 2 (next 60 days) is adding the Solar. In wanting to keep my batteries fully charged in case of a power outage, I put the inverters in bypass mode, so I was drawing nothing from the batteries. It took almost 2 weeks, but suddenly the batteries started charging due to voltage. Didn’t understand why.

I do now - Thank you @Detritalgeo

Does anyone know if a transformer based inverter like a Sigineer low frequency would pair well with the Ruixu rack batteries? Yes, I know I wouldn't have communication and the warranty voided but I cannot bring myself to purchase one of those "all in one" HF units that probably won't last 7 to 10 years...and besides I want my off grid to run whatever I throw at it. And lets face it, the components in those "all in one" units just aren't heavy duty enough and will wear out faster than a transformer based inverter.

Maybe I need to call Sigineer or Ruixu for the answer but if anyone here knows, then thanks.

Does anyone know if a transformer based inverter like a Sigineer low frequency would pair well with the Ruixu rack batteries? Yes, I know I wouldn't have communication and the warranty voided but I cannot bring myself to purchase one of those "all in one" HF units that probably won't last 7 to 10 years...and besides I want my off grid to run whatever I throw at it. And lets face it, the components in those "all in one" units just aren't heavy duty enough and will wear out faster than a transformer based inverter.

Maybe I need to call Sigineer or Ruixu for the answer but if anyone here knows, then thanks.
You are aware that good hf inverters carry a 10 year warranty ?
Also, if you properly size a hf inverter, you won't be having any issues

You are aware that good hf inverters carry a 10 year warranty ?
Also, if you properly size a hf inverter, you won't be having any issues
Yep I am aware.

"properly size" see that is part of the problem. That really means:
1) "oversize" for what you will need to run.....which you shouldn't have to do in the first place
2) And still the components inside the HF inverter/charger will be inferior to a transformer based system that can easily run inductive loads and surges....and those components in the HF inverter/charger will indeed wear out much quicker as you have a more complicated cycle that needs to be completed (with more electronic components) to replicate the transformer inverter/chargers

This has been discussed on this form before.....but back to my question (if anyone can shed light)

Does anyone know if a transformer based inverter like a Sigineer low frequency would pair well with the Ruixu rack batteries?

Yep I am aware.

1) "oversize" for what you will need to run.....which you shouldn't have to do in the first place
2) And still the components inside the HF inverter/charger will be inferior to a transformer based system that can easily run inductive loads and surges....and those components in the HF inverter/charger will indeed wear out much quicker as you have a more complicated cycle that needs to be completed (with more electronic components) to replicate the transformer inverter/chargers

This has been discussed on this form before.....but back to my question (if anyone can shed light)

Does anyone know if a transformer based inverter like a Sigineer low frequency would pair well with the Ruixu rack batteries?
A battery is a battery to an inverter

Any ideas on the custom cables? I may be planning on purchasing four of the Lithi2-16 in a few months but the wall on which I'll arrange them is a bit over 3.8m wide, if I want to aggregate the pos/neg cables from the batteries to the common bus bars then I'm concerned that the 2m cables that the Lithi2-16 come with may not be sufficiently long to allow for cable management. I'd like a 3m option to be absolutely sure.

Can I disassemble the cables it comes with and use my own custom length cable? Or is there a place like Digikey that might have the connectors from the battery side?

Maybe reach out to Current Connected @HighTechLab they are able to create different types of cables. They may be able to help. Not sure they are selling the Lithi2-16's, but I bought my 48volt Ruixu Server Rack batteries from them. Very happy

Yep I am aware.

on Friday, May 3, 2024 4:02 PM
I emailed Sigineer Power franklin.sigineer@gmail.com
this was the reponse:
on 05-03-2024 6:40 pm

from
Franklin Chu
Sales

We support modbus and CAN communication, here is the list

Sigineer Power Solar Inverters don’t only work with our own lithium batteries, they are also compatible with 3rd Party Lithium Batteries Models from other brands
—————
Dyness

B4850
———————-
Shanghai PYLONTECH

US2000
US2000PLUS
US3000
UP2500

Shuangdeng Group

SDA10-48100

Back