diy solar

diy solar

Samsung Microwave 1600w Input

Quankl

I have a 6K eg4 running seemingly well for about 10 days. I recently lost my Microwave and had to upgrade to a Samsung 1600w input. AME811CST.

Now when I started the microwave today I got an error 52. Batteries 2x5kw eg4 were full. And 2300w of solar was coming down. 52 is Bus Voltage too Low

I power cycled and tried again and it worked. Could this be that the microwave for some reason even though it's the only thing on the leg. Takes it from 130-1.6KW. BUT the kVA goes from 160-2.6kw at the start?

Why is the kVA so wildly different to he watts. And it puts the load at 100% almost on that leg.

Also is the 6KW being phased out by signature solar? Seen it disappeared from their site.

Last edited:
The initial surge is too much for the battery capacity.
It's pulling the battery voltage down too much.

The initial surge is too much for the battery capacity.
It's pulling the battery voltage down too much.
I have 3 of the Lifepower4 batteries from EG4 and a similar microwave. Was testing yesterday and the micro runs but when it stopped the kitchen lights got REALLY bright for an instant. Also noted that there was a draw from the grid at that time as well. I've got the EG4 6000ex which seems to handle the startup okay, just not the shutdown. Not planning to run the microwave from the inverter for now. Only 3000 watts per leg which the microwave maxes out fairly easily.

I have 3 of the Lifepower4 batteries from EG4 and a similar microwave. Was testing yesterday and the micro runs but when it stopped the kitchen lights got REALLY bright for an instant. Also noted that there was a draw from the grid at that time as well. I've got the EG4 6000ex which seems to handle the startup okay, just not the shutdown. Not planning to run the microwave from the inverter for now. Only 3000 watts per leg which the microwave maxes out fairly easily.
That is odd.
I could understand that with a grid-tied system.
Which EG4 are you using?

That is odd.
I could understand that with a grid-tied system.
Which EG4 are you using?
6000ex and LifePower4 48v batteries. I've got grid input to cover load and charging but have the system setup in SBU mode. I have other loads on the inverter and did not intend to add the micro. We've had a manual transfer switch for probably 20 years, but used it with an 8000 watt gas generator. I've been using it to draw power from the inverter for some circuits but the person who installed it back then did a really poor job of labeling the breakers on the switch. It didn't matter with the genny as it was large enough to handle anything I tossed at it, including the well pump. Going be a little more careful with the inverter from now on.

In SBU mode. To pull from grid, I believe that this unit has to switch to bypass?
Seems odd for it to happen, when the load is reduced.

In SBU mode. To pull from grid, I believe that this unit has to switch to bypass?
Seems odd for it to happen, when the load is reduced.
Not really sure exactly what happened. Noticed the little blip of grid power long after the event as a little mark on my Solar Assistant graph. It wasn't much but it seemed to be around the same time. Might have happened when the micro started. The graph isn't that granular and I wasn't monitoring it at the time because I didn't realize that the microwave was on the inverter.

Definitely load related. Because the spike in grid coincides with a spike in solar production.

I have a 6K eg4 running seemingly well for about 10 days. I recently lost my Microwave and had to upgrade to a Samsung 1600w input. AME811CST.

Now when I started the microwave today I got an error 52. Batteries 2x5kw eg4 were full. And 2300w of solar was coming down. 52 is Bus Voltage too Low

I power cycled and tried again and it worked. Could this be that the microwave for some reason even though it's the only thing on the leg. Takes it from 130-1.6KW. BUT the kVA goes from 160-2.6kw at the start?

Why is the kVA so wildly different to he watts. And it puts the load at 100% almost on that leg.

Also is the 6KW being phased out by signature solar? Seen it disappeared from their site.

That's a typical mid-size microwave power level. It's not an inverter microwave so the power factor won't be very high thus the kVA will be higher than kW. But your system specs should be able to handle it without issue. Since your batteries were full then make sure your battery wiring is good to minimize voltage drop under high load.

That's a typical mid-size microwave power level. It's not an inverter microwave so the power factor won't be very high thus the kVA will be higher than kW. But your system specs should be able to handle it without issue. Since your batteries were full then make sure your battery wiring is good to minimize voltage drop under high load.
Will review everything again. I did check the terminals after it did it. But I will check the terminals at the Inverter side. Have to remove screws to get to that so will check it tomorrow once the load on house is low/nothing. Thanks

Back