diy solar

diy solar

Schneider electric mppt 100a cc

utterbackranch24

I recently got more panels and my second cc online. But according to Insight home, it's not doing anything. I've measure amps, measured voltage. Everything seems ok. Tried schenider customer service but that was a waste of time. Does anyone have any ideas? It appears to be working under the device tab, but the dashboard I'm missing a whole 1kw right now.

Attachments

• 20230820_095737.jpg
    20230820_095737.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230820_095723.jpg
    20230820_095723.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 11
This is what is driving me nuts. I saw the absorption, I know I need to study more so I understand every detail with scheniders program. But I can for the life of me uunderstand why the system is output 2.8, house is using .8, and only .8 is going to the batteries. Since I brought that other array online, we get more power, but consistently 1kw or sometimes 2kw is just missing according to the insight webpage.

This is what is driving me nuts. I saw the absorption, I know I need to study more so I understand every detail with scheniders program. But I can for the life of me uunderstand why the system is output 2.8, house is using .8, and only .8 is going to the batteries. Since I brought that other array online, we get more power, but consistently 1kw or sometimes 2kw is just missing according to the insight webpage.
Your batteries appear to be nearly fully charged. They will only accept what current they need according to the setting in your CC. It doesn't matter how many panels you have.

Your batteries appear to be nearly fully charged. They will only accept what current they need according to the setting in your CC. It doesn't matter how many panels you have.

Appreciate the reply. They are not I don't think. I used the integration guide from simpliphi, almost positive I have the settings correct. And we lost power at 5am this morning. It seems like every day there is a consistent 1.5 kw to 2kw missing. It could just be the program not reading it, I'm not sure.

It seemed like once I brought the other array and cc online, it started getting weird. Definitely getting more power from 2 arrays, but the readings are no longer accurate.

Before the other cc came online, I was doing 4kw from panels, 1kw from house, 3kw would go to batteries.

I don't know if the other cc isn't communicating correctly or if it's bad, but I've measured and checked everything multiple times. The settings are the same.

The only thing that's weird that I haven't researched is the 1st cc charge mode status says primary, and the 2nd one says secondary.

The options available for programming the charge mode status are stand alone, primary, secondary, echo. Haven't had time to look into it yet.

The only thing that's weird that I haven't researched is the 1st cc charge mode status says primary, and the 2nd one says secondary.

You need to set them both to primary.
Secondary will only start charging after a while of the primary not keeping up.

I have a 60v power supply plugged into the grid, its feeding a 60-150mppt set to secondary, it only charges after the solar cant keep up, its not instant.

From what I've seen, Insight will automatically make all additional MPPTs discovered on XANBUS a "secondary". On the 60 150s it aggregates the output from all of them and displays the total on the LCDs of all units, which is cool. The Primary/Secondary configuration will make the secondaries join in to supplement DC as needed. I saw another thread in the past where someone's 100 600 was falling off in output similar to what you're seeing. I just looked for that and couldn't find it, but it's in here somewhere, I don't recall what the resolution was. If loads are met and batteries are topped off, PV production will taper off. It would be a problem if your panels are in full sun and the XW's are pulling in Grid power instead of ramping up the low power coming from the MPPT. Is it doing that?

Thanks for the replies, sorry I never posted a update.

As far scheniders products go, im actually quite fond of them and excited to see what the future holds.

My problem was my own inexperience. The second array was outputting 236volt, which I thought would be fine due to the mppt 100 minimum voltage needing to be 200 if I remember correctly. Where I missed up, is that the mppt 100 actually needs a minimum of 240 volts before it actually charges the batteries or anything. So one more panel and problem solved. Appreciate everyone's help and insight, its been fun getting my butt kicked and learning everything there is to know about solar.

And yes I did run into problems once the batteries were fully charged, and had full sun. My cc would just shut down and wouldn't supply the load to the house. I'm offgrid BTW.

This was because I set the settings exactly to what simpliphi (lifepo4) recommend. I had to change the settings on the cc to 3 stage, so it would essentially "float" but mainly supply the load to the house and not use batteries until I needed. Simpliphi recommend 2 stage charging, which I understand these batteries don't really need a float. Once I changed that setting everything else has been working flawlessly. I can access everything from my phone and I'm quite excited to get up to 6 xw, giving me 3 phase 208v, with hopefully 80kw to 100kw of batteries

Back