diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW pro 6k vs. Eg4 18k - need help deciding

I have had an XW6048 for 12 years now with not a single issue. It had worked continuously, without being turned off, until a few months ago when I added another array/charge controller and swapped out the original AGM's to Trophy lithium batteries.
How does that work with the Trophy? I’m going with Trophy but torn between Victron and Schneider. Just wish Current Connected sold Schneider stuff ?

It works just fine, but in an open loop. The older XW does not support closed communication with batteries. I can't say enough good about the Schneider - no issues at all. I am also very happy with my two Trophy batteries as well. I set up the charging parameters for the SCC's with input from Dan at Trophy, and use the XW grid support voltage level to adjust the SOC to 75% to 85%. Unless a major storm event is forecasted, then I raise the GSV to enable a higher SOC.

I also have a 12v Victron setup for my Sprinter van, using all Victron components including 2 of their 200ah lithium batteries. I have had no issues with this setup either.

A user here is about to swap out their Schneider with a EG4 18K PV, he has had the Schneider for a long time so this will be an interesting comparison. Over to you Jeff ?

A user here is about to swap out their Schneider with a EG4 18K PV, he has had the Schneider for a long time so this will be an interesting comparison. Over to you Jeff ?
Blasphemy
Just like a dude on Craigslist swapped out two outback radians for a solark.
WHY

Back