diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW Pro commission

Please, one or both of you, draw it out like I did exactly what you're talking about and post it. It would be very helpful.
Refer to pg72 of the installation manual I posted yesterday at 9:21am. Do exactly the same but the input wiring goes to Gen (AC2) instead of Grid (AC1). The drawing is for 1 inverter, duplicate the arrangement for 2 inverters.

Am I getting close?

Attachments

• WIN_20240120_09_32_39_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240120_09_32_39_Pro.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 8
or this?
I'm thinking the other diagram with the bypass interlock plate in the middle would be better.

Attachments

• WIN_20240120_09_45_23_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240120_09_45_23_Pro.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 10
Main panel and loads? Do you have two breaker panels?

I just realized your drawing has the main panel connected on the grid input in the drawing.

Just wanting to fully understand the system before making a drawing.

I have one 200 amp main panel that is fed off the inverters from the AC Load terminals.

Thank you BentleyJ. It looks like I am on the right track since this looks like my 9:52am post. ( I should have labeled these drawings I did) What I like about the other drawing I did at 9:33 is that it uses the bypass interlock plate and makes things a little safer and accomplices the same objective. Hopefully 400bird is watching and can weigh in with his thoughts.
Thank you for the great drawing.

Here is another page from the manual showing a dual inverter connection to the PDP. Also shows the 4 finger bus bars. Will try and find a Part Number.

EDIT: Seems like the jumpers are included with the breaker kits, not sure if they are sold separately. Midnight Solar has similar jumpers not sure if the spacing is correct for Schneider breakers.

Attachments

• ML201908 Pg 133.pdf
    480.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thank you BentleyJ. It looks like I am on the right track since this looks like my 9:52am post. ( I should have labeled these drawings I did) What I like about the other drawing I did at 9:33 is that it uses the bypass interlock plate and makes things a little safer and accomplices the same objective. Hopefully 400bird is watching and can weigh in with his thoughts.
Thank you for the great drawing.
I'm back. I miss interpreted your label on the 9:52 drawing. Now that I understand "AC load" means the load output from the XWs, you've got it. You and BentlyJ basically drew the same drawing just upsidedown.
This is exactly what I was suggesting.

Don't forget the lockout between the bypass and inverter output breakers. You only want one of those on at a time!

Well that all seemed to work fine so far. Thank you both for all your help.
Wondering if anyone is available to help with final commission setup. I have a sunny day, I have set as many things as I can figure out but a
few things are worded differently than the specs I am not sure what to do. No smoke as yet but it would be good to run this by someone.

Since your system is off-grid it should be a fairly straight forward set up since there is no Sell Back or Enhanced Grid Support issues which seem to be what most of the forum members are posting about.

This is a good general overview of common problems.

Well that all seemed to work fine so far. Thank you both for all your help.
Wondering if anyone is available to help with final commission setup. I have a sunny day, I have set as many things as I can figure out but a
few things are worded differently than the specs I am not sure what to do. No smoke as yet but it would be good to run this by someone.
Post your questions
Or post all of your settings from insight local
We should be able to help

I need help. I have installed a 14.4kw solar system designed by Alt E and I am ready to commission but for a few problems. I have 2 XWPro Inverters, PDP, 3 Conext MPPT 100 600 charge controllers, 2 MPPT disconnect RS switches, Conext battery monitor, Conext AGS, InsightHome and 6 Pytes Ebox 48100R batteries. The first issue I had was getting the InsightHome to recognize the switches and battery monitor. I have checked and rechecked and have come to the conclusion the battery monitor is at fault and the switches? Who knows. I don't think it will matter much in the long run. The schematic below is what I have been using and was provided by Alt E. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around their design for the AC buss. It seems too complicated for a total off grid system with only generator input. Am I wrong? I've tried their tech support and Schneiders and can't get a response. Please comment.View attachment 189620
Waterflea - my wife and I are attempting to be totally off grid on a 39.3 acre property in Northern Nevada. Your system is pretty close to what we are thinking to build up to. We ordered an altE Pre-wired Syst, SW4048,CL150, SCP to supply power to our 50 Amp RV while we were in process of building, water and power system on the property. Unfortunately - cvd, cancer and one heart attack later we are still working on getting onto the property. Your system is definitely where I would like to end up. We picked up to gigantic Absolyte GX telecom battery banks (48 volt/2,000 amp hour) and it has thrown off configuring the system altogether. I see that you are operating (3) Conext MPPT 100A charge controllers in unison with (2) xw PRO 6848 inverters. What type, size and output solar panels (string configuration) are you supplying to you inverters? I am very interested in learning more. I haven't received much feedback from other off grid owners. Thanks for any time and assistance. Ron

Thanks Bentley for the video. Helpful although some of it went right over my head.
Hi Ron, sorry to hear about your health issues. Hopefully the road gets a little smoother. I have 36 400watt panels, wired as three strings of 12.
Not sure what you'll learn from me but I'm an open book so glad to help if I can.
Thanks Bird, attached below are the battery specs I received from AltE. I entered as much info as I could. Some of it I couldn't find where it applied.
That's kind of why I'm a little worried right now that I have missed something or don't have something just right. I was able to charge the batteries and use the system on a limited basis yesterday but might try Schneider tech support today to see if they can help dial it in if indeed it needs it.

Attachments

• WIN_20240119_13_23_18_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240119_13_23_18_Pro.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
  • WIN_20240119_13_23_29_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240119_13_23_29_Pro.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 5
Depending on how old that settings page is, some of those may have moved to different sections. Keep looking you should be able to find them.

Except for the lack of sun, things seem to be working ok. A few problems I have to address like connecting the generator start switch to the outgoing harness so that the AGS will automatically start the generator when needed. Schneider has addressed the battery monitor issue and is sending out a new one.
One issue I need to address soon because batteries are getting low. I manually started the generator and the inverters started to ramp up, got to about 60-70 volts and completely shut down. Tried a couple of times and the same thing happened. I'm hoping I just have some setting wrong. Any help as to where to start?
Also, is it possible to get an accurate state of charge number from the InsightHome. I have no idea what my battery charge level actually is. There is a graph for SOS but it isn't registering.

Except for the lack of sun, things seem to be working ok. A few problems I have to address like connecting the generator start switch to the outgoing harness so that the AGS will automatically start the generator when needed. Schneider has addressed the battery monitor issue and is sending out a new one.
Nice! Glad to hear you're getting a warranty replacement.
One issue I need to address soon because batteries are getting low. I manually started the generator and the inverters started to ramp up, got to about 60-70 volts and completely shut down.
I assume, 60-70 amps DC charging the battery?
What shut down? The generator?
Tried a couple of times and the same thing happened. I'm hoping I just have some setting wrong. Any help as to where to start?
I'd turn down the charge current to something low and slowly crank it up incrementally.
Also, is it possible to get an accurate state of charge number from the InsightHome. I have no idea what my battery charge level actually is. There is a graph for SOS but it isn't registering.
Do you have communication between the batteries and inverter? That should provide SOC, it does for me.
I don't have the Schneider battery monitor, but I thought it would provide SOC.

I'm sorry that was 60-70 amps on the inverter. It is the inverter that cuts out. The generator is putting out 252.8 volts and the TS from Schneider
says that is too high and is why it's shutting down because it's not 240 volts. I am using the Honda EU7000is generator. Any thoughts on controlling the voltage?

It seems unlikely to mee that 252 volts is too high, but you can widen the parameters on the XW. I monitor one leg in my office, it regularly sits at 125 volts in the summer without issue

Back