diy solar

diy solar

Second Controller

caymaanedge

I want to add some panels but will exceeded my current Solar Controller capacity. So can I add a second Controller to handle the additional panels or do I need to add a second Controller the same as the first one?

I want to add some panels but will exceeded my current Solar Controller capacity. So can I add a second Controller to handle the additional panels or do I need to add a second Controller the same as the first one?
You can add a second controller charging the same battery bank.

I like to try an pick controllers that I can set to the same charging profile but that is not absolutely necessary.

I'm doing the same. I do have the ability to connect my 2 controllers as a master (roof panels)/slave (on the side panels) unit to a remote panel but had I not gone that route, I would have just bought a budget friendly MPPT that could handle LiFePO4.

but will exceeded my current Solar Controller capacity.
How exactly will more panels exceed you SCC's capacity? Already maxed out with charging current?
Max input voltage?

Will 2 controllers exceed the charging amps your battery(s) can safely be charged at?

If you provide a few details about your existing system and the panels you are adding, we can help
you create a better solution.

Back