diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS and RS485 coms to PC

I'm having similar problems as well. I just checked both of my Waveshare adapters and I don't see the same numbers

I'm having similar problems as the OP as well. I just checked both of my Waveshare adapters and I don't see the same numbers @tigerwillow1 posted. I think one of the adapters is dead because I don't see any voltage on A+ or B- to each other or ground (even though I see the TX light flicker on intervals.)

The other one shows:
A+ to B- ~5V
A+ to G minimal positive voltage
B- to G minimal negative voltage

I do see the meter jump on TX, but only about 20-30 mV.
Bought a new USB to RS485 adapter and it works now, albeit at 9600 baud (odd.) I can see individual packs as well as packs connected in series (set via dip switches.)

Can anyone help me out here? Having the same issue. I bought the Mason DIY pack and its not connecting via an RJ45 adaptor. I know the adaptor works as I've used it my Pylontechs in the past. I just get the "Time Out" issue

did use the correct baudrate ?
depending on the version you have , this can be 19200 or 9600

did use the correct baudrate ?
depending on the version you have , this can be 19200 or 9600
Also do I really need to connect to the BMS to use it? Or can I just use as is? I get people want to see what's happening a tweak settings. But is it really needed?

Also do I really need to connect to the BMS to use it? Or can I just use as is? I get people want to see what's happening a tweak settings. But is it really needed?
you can use it as is, however , individual cell monitoring, tweakering of initial settings, and changing comm protocols will require connecting to it

you can use it as is, however , individual cell monitoring, tweakering of initial settings, and changing comm protocols will require connecting to it
I guess that's a positive, rather than leaving it around I can at least put it to work on my Sofar ME3000SP. I've got Pylontechs so I should be able to swap them. Hopefully the protocol is already set to Pylon. Otherwise I'll have to keep trying to get the BMS to connect

So I need to build a new cable. According to Seplos my cable that works with Pylontech won't work with their BMS... The connector will arrive tomorrow then I'll make my own Ethernet out with the right pins. Hassle

So I need to build a new cable. According to Seplos my cable that works with Pylontech won't work with their BMS... The connector will arrive tomorrow then I'll make my own Ethernet out with the right pins. Hassle
Please share the pinouts for the cable Seplos suggested

This is what worked for me. I had to buy the adaptor from Amazon and I reused an old Ethernet. I can now connect. Any advice on BMS settings would be appreciated.

IMG-20221006-WA0006.jpeg

Hello Folks,
i would like to ask you if somebody had problem with BMS after try to upgrade 2.8 firmware. I used my own usb to RS485 cable to upgrade firmware (normal communication with bms thru software worked well) but during uploading firmware the system shut down with error "get package capacity fail" . Now i am not able to connect with BMS again + when i turn on BMS then system just show logo without any button response and after 30s just turn off. Thanks for any advice

Hello Folks,
i would like to ask you if somebody had problem with BMS after try to upgrade 2.8 firmware. I used my own usb to RS485 cable to upgrade firmware (normal communication with bms thru software worked well) but during uploading firmware the system shut down with error "get package capacity fail" . Now i am not able to connect with BMS again + when i turn on BMS then system just show logo without any button response and after 30s just turn off. Thanks for any advice
contact seplos...

doesnt sound good

Hello Folks,
Yes, exact same thing happened to us. Worked fine for 2 BMS units. The third failed as you described. Please let me know if you find a solution! For now we swapped in a spare.

Found nothing, talked with seplos and i need to send wrong one to them and then i will see. Btw you have original USB to RJ45? or "homemade" ?

Last edited:
Found nothing, talked with seplos and i need to send wrong one to them and then i will see. Btw you have original USB to RJ45? or "homemade" ?
I have the firmware to fix this as i had exactly the same problem

Attachments

• CAN1101[FW28-DFSET_VC03_210916](定制victron&SMA).rar
    38.6 KB · Views: 196
Then your cable doesnt have the ground, I had the exact same issue even though the same cable worked ok for reading the BMS data it failed on firmware flashing. procedure is load the flash utill and firmware, open the port and then turn on the BMS
I bought different adapter (old one could be damaged), made steps as you wrote and , ITS WORKS !!! Mr you are genius !

Hijacking thread, can anyone recommend an adapter that is good / works?

Last edited:
Most welcome
Hi I'm in Italy, I have two 280Ah lifepo4 banks and two Seplos Can-Bus BMS in cascade on Sofar HYD6000-EP, if I set Master DIP-5-ON and Slave DIP-1-ON the inverter is OK it sees 560Ah but the PC doesn't connect anymore, if Master all DIP OFF and Slave DIP-1-ON the inverter sees 280Ah and the PC connects and I see the two BMS.

Do you have a solution
Thanks
Hi Claudio

Translated with DeepL logo Translator

diy solar

diy solar
Back