diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS and RS485 coms to PC

This is what worked for me. I had to buy the adaptor from Amazon and I reused an old Ethernet. I can now connect. Any advice on BMS settings would be appreciated.

IMG-20221006-WA0006.jpeg

Hello Folks,
i would like to ask you if somebody had problem with BMS after try to upgrade 2.8 firmware. I used my own usb to RS485 cable to upgrade firmware (normal communication with bms thru software worked well) but during uploading firmware the system shut down with error "get package capacity fail" . Now i am not able to connect with BMS again + when i turn on BMS then system just show logo without any button response and after 30s just turn off. Thanks for any advice

Hello Folks,
i would like to ask you if somebody had problem with BMS after try to upgrade 2.8 firmware. I used my own usb to RS485 cable to upgrade firmware (normal communication with bms thru software worked well) but during uploading firmware the system shut down with error "get package capacity fail" . Now i am not able to connect with BMS again + when i turn on BMS then system just show logo without any button response and after 30s just turn off. Thanks for any advice
contact seplos...

doesnt sound good

Hello Folks,
Yes, exact same thing happened to us. Worked fine for 2 BMS units. The third failed as you described. Please let me know if you find a solution! For now we swapped in a spare.

Found nothing, talked with seplos and i need to send wrong one to them and then i will see. Btw you have original USB to RJ45? or "homemade" ?

Last edited:
Found nothing, talked with seplos and i need to send wrong one to them and then i will see. Btw you have original USB to RJ45? or "homemade" ?
I have the firmware to fix this as i had exactly the same problem

Attachments

• CAN1101[FW28-DFSET_VC03_210916](定制victron&SMA).rar
    38.6 KB · Views: 188
Then your cable doesnt have the ground, I had the exact same issue even though the same cable worked ok for reading the BMS data it failed on firmware flashing. procedure is load the flash utill and firmware, open the port and then turn on the BMS
I bought different adapter (old one could be damaged), made steps as you wrote and , ITS WORKS !!! Mr you are genius !

Hijacking thread, can anyone recommend an adapter that is good / works?

Last edited:
Most welcome
Hi I'm in Italy, I have two 280Ah lifepo4 banks and two Seplos Can-Bus BMS in cascade on Sofar HYD6000-EP, if I set Master DIP-5-ON and Slave DIP-1-ON the inverter is OK it sees 560Ah but the PC doesn't connect anymore, if Master all DIP OFF and Slave DIP-1-ON the inverter sees 280Ah and the PC connects and I see the two BMS.

Do you have a solution
Thanks
Hi Claudio

Translated with DeepL logo Translator

I am having problems getting the Seplos BMS to communicate with my PC via the standard RS485 protocol. This is a long story but basically I am on my second BMS ( after seplos admitted the first had a problem) following a successful warranty claim.

Today I spent approximately 4 hours with the Seplos technician trying to get the PC to recognise the BMS (or vice versa). This time was seplos remoting to my pc and trying every combination of the software, three different Rs485 connectors, numerical formats on the software, a different PC, RJ45 cable tests, voltage tests over the connection, different dip switch and Com ports, software refreshes etc etc.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am not feeling comfortable they can fix it. I am fairly certain that it’s a software issue as the hardware side seems ok. The PC has ample capacity is a dedicated server for CCTV and nothing else and it has worked flawlessly.

Feeling a bit flushed as I don’t see light on the horizon and don’t understand how it can possibly be so technical.
salut oui moi aussi j'ai des problem de cumunication oimpossible de communiquer sur 2 pcb v16 on dirai qui a des soudure mal faite du cotes des conecteur rj45 et sur le LA GRAVURE p+ A TU UN COMPOSANT OU PAS MERCI DE TA REPONSE A TU TROUVER UNE SOLUTION ,

This is what they sent me
View attachment 115175
So on an interesting note, for A it lists 2 or 7, and for B it lists 1 or 8. I tried orange for A and orange/white for B, with white and green as ground, and was getting timeouts. I had set the port in device manager to both 19200 and 9600, with matching parameters in battery monitor, and nothing worked.

Only 1 battery, so all dips set to off. As a last resort, I just rewired the Seplos adapter with brown/white for A, Brown for B, and green for ground, 19200 again, all dips off, and bingo, she sprang to life!

Just posting this in case it helps anyone. A standard store bought RS485 to USB had the port come up, but did not connect. Only the Seplos adapter worked for me.

Attachments

• 20230510_154647.jpg
    20230510_154647.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 20230510_154617.jpg
    20230510_154617.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 117
So on an interesting note, for A it lists 2 or 7, and for B it lists 1 or 8. I tried orange for A and orange/white for B, with white and green as ground, and was getting timeouts. I had set the port in device manager to both 19200 and 9600, with matching parameters in battery monitor, and nothing worked.

Only 1 battery, so all dips set to off. As a last resort, I just rewired the Seplos adapter with brown/white for A, Brown for B, and green for ground, 19200 again, all dips off, and bingo, she sprang to life!

Just posting this in case it helps anyone. A standard store bought RS485 to USB had the port come up, but did not connect. Only the Seplos adapter worked for me.
Pins 1 & 2 and 7 & 8 are linked on the BMS itself so most likely a mis-wire to start with

Back