diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Just heard back from Seplos, I asked if the two 10C BMS's could act as slaves with the 10D as master and was told they have "different communication forms" and cannot be paralleled. So much for that idea.... Thanks for your input!
they miss an opportunity here. ;-(

Really hoping somebody can help me with an issue.

Have a Solis RHI-5K-48es (4G) that is missing the Lead Acid battery type. It's a new purchase and I assumed it would have working User Defined settings to work with an already owned 'unsupported' LifePo4 rack mount battery I have which does not have CAN port.
It only has a few battery type options on the inverter, even missing the Aabo Battery type.

Is there any way a firmware update will add the missing battery types and most especially the Lead Acid battery type?
If indeed so, is there anywhere I can perhaps get hold of the firmware?
I have tried my local support channels for Solis and they are absolutely useless in terms of communications back to me despite the inverter still being under warranty.

One of the reasons for the inverter purchase was the official product documentation mentioned support for Lead Acid on the 4G and not isolated to just the 5G version of the inverter.

Really hoping somebody can help me with an issue.

Have a Solis RHI-5K-48es (4G) that is missing the Lead Acid battery type. It's a new purchase and I assumed it would have working User Defined settings to work with an already owned 'unsupported' LifePo4 rack mount battery I have which does not have CAN port.
It only has a few battery type options on the inverter, even missing the Aabo Battery type.

Is there any way a firmware update will add the missing battery types and most especially the Lead Acid battery type?
If indeed so, is there anywhere I can perhaps get hold of the firmware?
I have tried my local support channels for Solis and they are absolutely useless in terms of communications back to me despite the inverter still being under warranty.

One of the reasons for the inverter purchase was the official product documentation mentioned support for Lead Acid on the 4G and not isolated to just the 5G version of the inverter.
Thats very unusual for it not to have the default LA setting. I have the latest firmware but you will need the firmware update stick which here seems impossible to find.

Thats very unusual for it not to have the default LA setting. I have the latest firmware but you will need the firmware update stick which here seems impossible to find.
That was my thought exactly. I can only think it's perhaps locked for specific markets perhaps (?) I'm based in South Africa and the local Solis support channel is beyond useless to the point of being pointless it seems.

My Model number reports as F8 and my software version reports as 250012.
Considering the lack of local support, I can purchase an update stick locally (readily available here) If I could get my hands on a firmware that would give me the options I so desperately need and of course with a near zero chance of me bricking my inverter :D

Still got some issue with the BMS, it's always stuck in mode shutdown. If I turn the BMS on with the reset button display turns on and LED's turn on one by one the they go off one by one and the BMS goes back to sleep. On the Battery Monitor I can't find any errors or issues. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qIAPlj4hCFObzcDiaYb1Xlog4ucS5G3n/view?usp=sharing
Anyone got an idea?
I still have the same issue.
so the "jump start" with 48V didn't work? I was hoping it did and were figuring out how to do it...
Did you ask Seplos (or the seller) for help?
I was out on a trip till today but will try to contact them and see if I get a way to solve the issue.

I still have the same issue.
so the "jump start" with 48V didn't work? I was hoping it did and were figuring out how to do it...
Did you ask Seplos (or the seller) for help?
I was out on a trip till today but will try to contact them and see if I get a way to solve the issue.
I wrote a mail to the support on Friday will see when they come back to me. If I connect 48V I keeps running (not the display but the serial connection from computer) but still in shutdown state. If I then start the battery check on my SolarEdge Inverter it fails since it's not able to pull current. At least my SolarEdge Inverter can read out the SOC over Canbus that was something else I was worried about.

For still suffering the Sepols BMS with Solis Inverter alarm issue which causes the inverter to report OV-VBatt-H when the BMS is reporting 100%, I finally have a solution! I spent the last few weeks talking to a Seplos tech who has been very helpful, trying out lots of different fixes.

We finally got it working when we uploaded a modified firmware program to the BMS. For anyone interested, the firmware file and download instructions are attached.

Rather than cutting off the charge abruptly when it is at the 10A 'trickle' stage (and putting the inverter into an alarm state) it slowly tapers down from 10A as the pack voltage increases.
Hi Edd, is this still working?

I did have my Seplos/Solis working fine for months, but have somehow gone back to alarms everyday.

Has anyone else tried this with their seplos/solis?

Hi Edd, is this still working?

I did have my Seplos/Solis working fine for months, but have somehow gone back to alarms everyday.

Has anyone else tried this with their seplos/solis?
I like your profile name. You must be in tech.

Hello, I have installed a battery with bms seplos 16S in a deye inverter and I am going to add a "Pytes 5kwh 48100R" module to it. Do you know if communication between pytes and seplos is possible?1.png

Bonjour à tous..
Je souhaite installer 2 packs 48v 16s dans un box congélateur enterré, que dois-je prévoir en termes de ventilation ?
Je suis en France température max 40ºC /min -15ºC
Chaleureusement

Hello to everyone..
I would like to install 2 48v 16s packs in an underground freezer box, what should I plan for in terms of ventilation?
I am in France max temperature 40ºC /min -15ºC
Cordially

Bonjour à tous..
Je souhaite installer 2 packs 48v 16s dans un box congélateur enterré, que dois-je prévoir en termes de ventilation ?
Je suis en France température max 40ºC /min -15ºC
Chaleureusement
ouvrez un thread dédié avec votre titre, ça évite de squatter celui ci ;-)

I have 2 x 16s strings with 2 x Seplos BMS, working very well. But I have a question about monitoring. I seem to be unable to monitor the cells in Pack 00. I can see Pack 01 but not 00. Has anyone worked out as to how this might be possible ?
PXL_20220821_135809377.jpg

I have 2 x 16s strings with 2 x Seplos BMS, working very well. But I have a question about monitoring. I seem to be unable to monitor the cells in Pack 00. I can see Pack 01 but not 00. Has anyone worked out as to how this might be possible ?
View attachment 113978
Do you have them connected? What ports? Also have you set the dip switches?

have you set the dip switches correctly for addressing multiple parallel bms'?

@duunoit Link RS485A to RS485A with standard Cat5 patch lead

For the DIP Switches
Master = 5 ON / All others = OFF
Second = 1 ON / All other = OFF
In the Photo, Master is at the bottom, Second is at the top. Master has CANBUS to the Sofar ME3000, RS485A to Second RS485A, Second has RS485B to USB dongle
PXL_20220929_205255574.jpg

@duunoit Link RS485A to RS485A with standard Cat5 patch lead

For the DIP Switches
Master = 5 ON / All others = OFF
Second = 1 ON / All other = OFF
In the Photo, Master is at the bottom, Second is at the top. Master has CANBUS to the Sofar ME3000, RS485A to Second RS485A, Second has RS485B to USB dongle
View attachment 114106
Nice setup. Do you mind sharing the 3D design?

Back