diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Mason DIY kit review (4/5)

That supplier has a 100 piece mimimum. Now that I know its 8mm single core, 200amp, 50mm cable capable, I will research to find a supplier on Alibaba. They seem to go for $12 to $15 US each.
Did you find a small qty supplier?

Did you find a small qty supplier?
Due to the outrageous cost of shipping, and the fact that Seplos wanted to sell the cables with the connector, I went the US route with these folks:
I ordered the 8mm 200amp versions. I will let you know if they work once I get them.

Due to the outrageous cost of shipping, and the fact that Seplos wanted to sell the cables with the connector, I went the US route with these folks:
I ordered the 8mm 200amp versions. I will let you know if they work once I get them.
I having an issue with the order. Dont use them until I am sure its legit.

Regarding the copper washers Victron do the same in their Lynx Distributer and power in, not sure on the rest of the kit as I haven't got that far. The nut, stud and washer won't be transferring much power anyway, most goes between the lower face of the busbar and the terminal.

Regarding the copper washers Victron do the same in their Lynx Distributer and power in, not sure on the rest of the kit as I haven't got that far. The nut, stud and washer won't be transferring much power anyway, most goes between the lower face of the busbar and the terminal.
seems your xml is corrupted
deinstall software, clean up location, reinstall , start as administrator

or

simply replace xml file ;)

remove the software from your pc
reboot pc
re download software
right click on newly download software
run as administrator
Is there a particular reason you're posting complete and utter stupid ramblings that are totally unrelated thread content?

I posted in reply to someone querying why there were bare copper washers, and I get this nonsense.

Is there a particular reason you're posting complete and utter stupid ramblings that are totally unrelated thread content?
i was replying to someon who could start the seplos software due to a corrupt xml file.
obviously wrong topic.

is there a reason to be such a *** about that ?

i was replying to someon who could start the seplos software due to a corrupt xml file.
obviously wrong topic.

is there a reason to be such a *** about that ?

You quoted me, I queried it, you just stated the same, I wasn't being a ***, just rather confused, especially when you stated it again, I understand now, thanks for clarification.

I assembled 3 Mason 280 kits using EVE cells with the "different" posts. I was able to use the Seplos buss bars for all but the 1 that crosses from left to right. Made that one from tin plated copper from McMaster. The Seplos buss bars in my kits had a very thin Nickel plating. I ordered the cable (and paid for it) to connect to my computer, they didn't ship it and did not do anything when I complained about it.

I assembled 3 Mason 280 kits using EVE cells with the "different" posts. I was able to use the Seplos buss bars for all but the 1 that crosses from left to right. Made that one from tin plated copper from McMaster. The Seplos buss bars in my kits had a very thin Nickel plating. I ordered the cable (and paid for it) to connect to my computer, they didn't ship it and did not do anything when I complained about it.
I would ping them again on Alibaba. They just sent me three of the long busbars for the left to right connections for free, as they were not included in my original order. They are the aluminum version though.

Think it's Chinese New Year at the minute, if you haven't heard anything back that's likely why.

HI
Has anybody modified the Seplos Mason DIY 280A kit to have a DC breaker instead of the fuse? I like to have something to switch off the battery if needed.

HI
Has anybody modified the Seplos Mason DIY 280A kit to have a DC breaker instead of the fuse? I like to have something to switch off the battery if needed.

The Seplos JASSN busbar includes six 125amp DC breakers, one for each battery in a six battery stack. Your Inverters can also connect to the JASSN. They were $100 when I bought mine, but the price may have gone up since then. You can search the Seplos website.
The JASSN also looks nice, and provides a more professional appearance to the complete solution.

Attachments

• 20230209_123756.jpg
    20230209_123756.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20230209_123500.jpg
    20230209_123500.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 98
The Seplos JASSN busbar includes six 125amp DC breakers, one for each battery in a six battery stack. Your Inverters can also connect to the JASSN. They were $100 when I bought mine, but the price may have gone up since then. You can search the Seplos website.
The JASSN also looks nice, and provides a more professional appearance to the complete solution.

Damn I didn't even know that existed. I've just placed an order for another Mason, I would have ordered one of those too.

Back