diy solar

diy solar

Shipment from Xuba 272 arrival today

West Coast Canuck

Today I received 16 Lishen cells from Xuba ordered Dec 18 and arrived Feb3, all boxes were in perfect condition and cells (2 to a Box) are also in perfect visual condition.
I unpacked and set up cells in Parallel to start to balance Voltage ranged from 3.285 to 3.290 pretty good. I installed grub screws 25mm (not included) and noticed some small metal filing in about five terminals, used a small pick and air to blow it out. All threads worked good and seemed to be all the way to the bottom, bus Bars look like crap and only got 16 so used home made copper pipe bars for half, Will make more from copper pipe. will report back after capacity test, so far after seeing some horror stories with cell I AM HAPPY

Attachments

• 20210203_124534.jpg
    20210203_124534.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210203_124638.jpg
    20210203_124638.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210203_125705.jpg
    20210203_125705.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210203_132109.jpg
    20210203_132109.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210203_145657.jpg
    20210203_145657.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 74
These are Lishen cells 272ah from Shenzhen Xuba electronics in China, one thing i noticed today is the QC codes have no numbers on them a little concerning but will do a capacity test and post results all else looked good, my seller was Pina

Today I received 16 Lishen cells from Xuba ordered Dec 18 and arrived Feb3, all boxes were in perfect condition and cells (2 to a Box) are also in perfect visual condition.
I unpacked and set up cells in Parallel to start to balance Voltage ranged from 3.285 to 3.290 pretty good. I installed grub screws 25mm (not included) and noticed some small metal filing in about five terminals, used a small pick and air to blow it out. All threads worked good and seemed to be all the way to the bottom, bus Bars look like crap and only got 16 so used home made copper pipe bars for half, Will make more from copper pipe. will report back after capacity test, so far after seeing some horror stories with cell I AM HAPPY
When ordering cells, always say "diysolarforum.com says to mention them and get double busbars for free". If they say they don't offer that, then tell them you need to check prices from vendors that do, and wait a couple of days. Very likely they will decide to throw that in as a "one time only good customer bonus".

When ordering cells, always say "diysolarforum.com says to mention them and get double busbars for free". If they say they don't offer that, then tell them you need to check prices from vendors that do, and wait a couple of days. Very likely they will decide to throw that in as a "one time only good customer bonus".
Unfortunately, some of us on the group buy didn't get the bus bars even though we were quoted we would get them. Michael is working to get us some. I had to go and buy some aluminum bar and make my own to get started top balancing my cells.

Probably too late now, but if you have a BMS, hooking them up in a pack and charging until high cell voltage disconnect can save a lot of time. Then hooking them up in parallel to complete the top balance. Anyway, let us know the results of capacity testing, so far it is looking like the Leishen cells are a better value.

I was trying to top balance and I bought a small bench top charger as seen by Will's video but with 16 cells 272 ah in Parallel I wasn't getting anywhere so tried different things over 8 days until got Positive and negative mixed up and well that charger sure gave off a cloud of smoke. So have to wait to find another charger with maybe more power so I amat a standstill with cells at 3.308 in Parallel and all exactly the same voltage. Will keep all upto date as I continue to learn

Back