diy solar

diy solar

Shipping Container solar AC

check out the Catainer Guy, he has many you tube video and makes items for containers.
I am not a affiliate of his site, I just found it and found it interesting.
5 Ways To Insulate Your Shipping Container: Which Is The Best?
I like the container guy. Been following his videos for a while now. He makes some great bolt on brackets for framing solutions and simplicity.

My brother is insulating his container right now and he went with the flash and bat method. A thin layer of spray insulation then rockwool batts on top of that. It’s a lot more work but makes for a nice sealed insulation envelope with good r value!

I live in Phoenix wanted to cool a 14x12 shed maintain 90F so our things don't get cooked. I installed a 5000BTU window unit that claimed 350 watts what I found was when it got to 119F outside it pulled 1000 watts of power. I should have known better because AC units always advertised seer performance in best condition 70-80F outside. Last year I ran mostly off utility power jumped my bill by $100 a month. This year I'm building a new larger full off-grid system in the shed want to power an evaporative cooler, and computers I run 24/7 see if I can offset my bill some. I will have about 13kw of DIY Lifepo4 batteries 3000W 120V EG-4 off grid inverter and some more panels. Right now I'm running 2 265W used Qcells I got from santan solar. I want to upgrade problem is my neighbor's trees shade the shed on one side. I may have to put panels on my patio cover looking into that now.

I live in Phoenix wanted to cool a 14x12 shed maintain 90F so our things don't get cooked. I installed a 5000BTU window unit that claimed 350 watts what I found was when it got to 119F outside it pulled 1000 watts of power. I should have known better because AC units always advertised seer performance in best condition 70-80F outside. Last year I ran mostly off utility power jumped my bill by $100 a month. This year I'm building a new larger full off-grid system in the shed want to power an evaporative cooler, and computers I run 24/7 see if I can offset my bill some. I will have about 13kw of DIY Lifepo4 batteries 3000W 120V EG-4 off grid inverter and some more panels. Right now I'm running 2 265W used Qcells I got from santan solar. I want to upgrade problem is my neighbor's trees shade the shed on one side. I may have to put panels on my patio cover looking into that now.

That's why I gravitate towards EER. EER doesn't factor in all the wishy-washy "seasonal" BS.

Watts = EER / BTU/h

EER is based on 95°F ambient, so it's a good place to start even though it still falls well short of PHX with its 2 months worth of 110°F+

That's why I gravitate towards EER. EER doesn't factor in all the wishy-washy "seasonal" BS.

Watts = EER / BTU/h

EER is based on 95°F ambient, so it's a good place to start even though it still falls well short of PHX with its 2 months worth of 110°F+
I tested it at 95F it does pull about 450 watts when temps get over 115F this thing pulls twice as much power I figured it would be more power, but didn't expect 1000 watts. Most of the time it was around 8.8 amps at 120V.

This doesn't apply to just containers.

I have issues with bedding getting moldy when I don't use the place for awhile.

This happens because of the temperature fluctuations because the place isn't being heated. Interior cools down overnight then warms during the day which causes moisture to condense on stuff.

Also, say now, the interior of the thing will get down to 20 degrees, then I get there and get a fire going and moisture condenses on everything. Canned food, cabinets etc. For whatever reason nothing else gets mildew on it though, just the bedding.

I'm going to alleviate this by covering the beds in painters plastic when I don't plan to visit for awhile.

Also planning on installing mini-split and maybe run that remotely a couple times a week to keep the temp stable.

Back