diy solar

diy solar

Should i Knock Down my neighbor's Panels?

Only light reflects, not darkness.

Upper row of panels, that does look like reflected image of palm tree.
Lower corner, looks like a shadow to me. Whether from palm tree or from top of that conifer.
This is from suncalc.org at 6:25pm and the pic is ~6:45pm - so it's close.
1686065148716.png
1686065263804.png

You're right about shadows as the sun is due west (or worse) at this point of the day but also not so much PV loss.
1686065483841.png

Last edited:
It may even be a shadow and a reflection, both from the same tree (given sun angle he indicated.)

Such a shallow angle at 6:45 PM, loss is insignificant.
It appears from photo that cabana is lower and farther away, although in direction of pane tilt. Doesn't seem like significant shading to me. Less than the fence, especially early AM sun when highest part of fence would make a shadow.

It may even be a shadow and a reflection, both from the same tree (given sun angle he indicated.)

Such a shallow angle at 6:45 PM, loss is insignificant.
It appears from photo that cabana is lower and farther away, although in direction of pane tilt. Doesn't seem like significant shading to me. Less than the fence, especially early AM sun when highest part of fence would make a shadow
The biggest shadowing is the neighbors house/roof line. The ground array East end doesn't fully come into sun till 11am or so. I built the ground array high enough to avoid shadow from the fence. The roof array is high enough to avoid most shadowing till later in the day.
<-- West 1686067502860.pngEast -->

Out of the 13.68kw of PV I generate ~18,500kwh / year. The arrays are 3s, and arranged a bit to minimize shadow loss.

Hard to quantify but overall based on PVWatts estimates vs actual of 18,500kwh/year I think I'm in the range of 10-15% losses compared to the 'ideal'.

It is what it is being in middle of the city.

Consider whatever is used for seeding clouds. Some people say that gets in the roots of trees and kills them.
Or remove the H2O from tap water, leaving F, Pb, As compounds (which was captured from scrubbers, then dumped in our municipal water. For the health of children's teeth.)

I've got it! Let's merge two threads.

Just have to decide if AC or DC works better.

No way you should knock them down. Two wrongs dont make a right. Wire up his panels to yours, however many you need to make up the difference of lost power and then a little extra to cover labor, pain and suffering.

Hahahaha!

make sure your have the kit to wire them up , wait till SHTF , say goodbye your bad neighbours and hello to ALL his panels ?

Op. Where are you. Country is fine.

Looking at the picture, you seem to have a flat surface to mount on. A flag will shade is panels. Resulting in a large drop in production.

Back