diy solar

diy solar

Sol Ark 15k unable to talk to KiloVault HAB

budgetsolarinstall

Since the install, the battery icon shows a warning symbol under it, and lithium battery stats show up all zero, so I had to configure the battery setting manually after talking extensively with Sol Ark and HAB support.

We also updated the Sol Ark to the latest version. The HAB update is expected to happen tonight - although even they can’t say if I am already on the latest version or not. In the HAB IT app, these are the versions:

Wi-Fi: v1.0.9
MCU1: v0.1.15
MCU2: v1.0.26

The cable is connected from the modbus port of the HAB to the canbus/ modbus dual port on the Sol Ark. This I know is correct after going through both Sol Ark and HAB manuals over and over again.

Questions:

1. Do I have the latest firmware for the HAB? - asking here because HAB support does not know if it is.

2. How do I fix this BMS warning and get the inverter to talk to the HAB successfully? - I already tried everything I could find and beyond - no luck. Leaving it like this disables many fields in Sol Ark like batter resistance which I had to fix from the app.

Any help appreciated!

IMG_0564.jpeg

The HAB update did not happen yesterday. Called them again today - hope it happens today. The batteries are in standby mode as recommended.

If you havn't resolved the firmware updates yet...
When I installed my HAB 7.5s, I put them in standby with the app, and nothing.... then I powered cycled them, and then they updated when they restarted.

Did you ever get your closed loop working?
Kilovault updated my firmware again and now closed loop is broken and they say I need a new custom cable to talk to the Sol-Ark.

Firmware now:

Did you ever get your closed loop working?
Kilovault updated my firmware again and now closed loop is broken and they say I need a new custom cable to talk to the Sol-Ark.

Firmware now:
Which version comm on the SOL-ARK? Had to get mine upgraded to 143f to make them communicate.

I resolved it back in February.
Sol-Ark com ver. 1.4.3.F

It requiered a new custom cable and moving the cable from MODBUS port to CANBUS on the Kilovault.
Closed loop works perfectly now.

Date: Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [## 163346 ##] 15k to Kilovault closed loop
To: <support@sol-ark.com>
Cc: Tech Support <ts@altestore.com>

I FINALLY have Closed Loop working again!

The final piece was a new custom cable; 8 pin connector on each end with just pins 4 and 5 swapped end to end. No other wires connected.

According to manuals (HAB V4 series 5.1, Sol-Ark 15K April 18th, 2022)
Kilovault CANBUS port, Pin 4 [CANL] to Sol-Ark "Combined RS-485 and CANBus" port Pin 5 [CAN Low]
and
Kilovault CANBUS port, Pin 5 [CANH] to "Sol-Ark Combined RS-485 and CANBus" port Pin 4 [CAN High]

Sol-Ark Battery setting: Lithium Bat 00
and HABiT app "Inverter Protocol setting" 0010

I can't believe that it took Kilovault support almost 3 months to tell me they changed to the CANBUS port from the MODBUS port for inverter communications.

Back