diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark needs a serious Change!

LIke what? I've asked for such comparison in previous posts. No one has provided any concrete comparison of significant functional differences. BTW, I can see from Sunsynk videos that they have made firmware changes that don't appear to be in Deye or Sol-Ark. It doesn't prove they complete control or ownership of firmware. It's more consistent with OEM customizations that are common.
If you had looked at earlier posts you would have seen that I mentioned they added closed loop support for a number of popular BMS systems, like Fortress, Simpliphi, Powersync, Storz, Discover and Blu Ion plus more. I also said that they just did an update that gets more power out of the MPPTs.

I suggest if you want to see what else they have added go look at their YouTube Webinars

That sounds fishy. Most US small companies provide monitoring software using US based cloud services that have low entry cost.
We are talking about the App and the Web Portal software.
Most companies farm the software out to India to be made.
As for who they used to host the data on the Cloud service I am not sure why they did not go with Amazon or Microsoft. Maybe they got better offers out of China. I think that was a mistake as it just adds more dependency on China for support.

LOL your like a little kid, you make up stuff about knowing exactly who owns the Sol-Ark IP then when we ask you for some proof you disappear. Then you claim Deye was the first company with the Sol-Ark Design , later you changed that to Sunsynk! Since I have shown proof that Sol-Ark had the design on their website since April 2018 I have been asking you for proof that Deye or Sunsyk had the same model back then and you have also dodged that question.

You have nothing to prove because you have nothing to prove it with!

Addressing your butt hurt statement I will prove that I knew exactly what I was buying into. After my visit to my first local Solar Shop I posted this as my First Message on Diysolarforum:

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/deye-inverter-ul-listed-available-in-us.13942/post-261171

As you can see I already knew about another Deye clone for half the price before I even bough the Solark.
Another store I went into had Sunsynk and Deye together on a wall together. I avoided these cheap inverters because they are built cheaply and they have no warranty. I would rather pay double for a much better build quality unit plus full customer service and a 10 year warranty.
The Sol-Ark 12K was well within my budget since it was cheaper than the SMA stuff I was originally going to buy.
oh dear, me making up stuff?

so far you've been doing that..
anyway i am done with you, but i would almost think you are employed by sol-ark.

to the best of my knowledge there only 1 place all 3 ( sinsynk, deye and sol-ark have been together and that would be at deye in china and some asia tradeshows...

just some food for thought

oh dear, me making up stuff?

so far you've been doing that..
anyway i am done with you, but i would almost think you are employed by sol-ark.

to the best of my knowledge there only 1 place all 3 ( sinsynk, deye and sol-ark have been together and that would be at deye in china and some asia tradeshows...

just some food for thought
Once again dodging the IP question and dodging proving that there is a Deye Hybrid Inverter in 2018.
That Sol-Ark picture is clear proof that Sol-Ark created the Inverter and had it for at last 18 months before they handed over the manufacturing of it to Deye. Bye Bye and stop making up stuff you cannot prove.

Once again dodging the IP question and dodging proving that there is a Deye Hybrid Inverter in 2018.
That Sol-Ark picture is clear proof that Sol-Ark created the Inverter and had it for at last 18 months before they handed over the manufacturing of it to Deye. Bye Bye and stop making up stuff you cannot prove.
sun 1000 gtil was released in 2015, deye sun 2000 Gtil2 in 2016
look up their manual.

those are hybrid , and here's the link :

they release their first true hybrid inverters in 2017, if you had done any searching at all you would have found that :

search for page 2.

background.. they released it at the biggest solar tech expo in asia, wonder who was shopping there...

i am not doging shit, you refuse to do any research yourself, just yapping away..

again, i need not prove anything to you

I doubt Sol-Ark can legally shutoff an inverter you paid for and own.
I doubt it as well however it will entirely depend on the terms and conditions of sale.

Some product T&Cs do provide circumstances for the manufacturer/supplier to legally and remotely disable a device. e.g. LG recently remotely restricted use of some of their batteries. It wasn't a complete shutdown but they universally and remotely reduced the battery's capacity utilisation. It was for good reason, that of precaution until those units identified as being at risk of fire fault could be replaced.

Point being there would definitely be the potential for a company to completely disable a device remotely. Tesla would have a similar condition. It all comes down to the terms and conditions of the use of the product agreed to at point of sale.

sun 1000 gtil was released in 2015, deye sun 2000 Gtil2 in 2016
look up their manual.

those are hybrid , and here's the link :

they release their first true hybrid inverters in 2017, if you had done any searching at all you would have found that :

[/URL]

search for page 2.

background.. they released it at the biggest solar tech expo in asia, wonder who was shopping there...

i am not doging shit, you refuse to do any research yourself, just yapping away..

again, i need not prove anything to you
Oh yes that Sun 1000gtil2 has so much in common with the sol-Ark 8K, how could I have ever mixed it up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I already replied to that gtil2 Grid Tie Inverter. It's not a hybrid Inverter! It's not even a good grid tie Inverter, it's still sold on Amazon for $400.

https://www.deyeinverter.com/about/company-profile.html

Ok so what am I looking at on page 2? They say they launched a Hybrid Inverter but it's not for sale on their website in 2017 or 2018 or 2019!!! What happened to it? It's Vaporware! Lots of companies claim they are launching a new product and it never see's the light of day. Go Sign up for a Tesla Bot I am sure you will get one next year:p

Last edited:
and to complete the ip stuff, they are held by global-tech china, first registered in 2013, one of the owners is the "inventors" of this tech , a uk bloke by the name of Keith, here the company registration : https://www.getthedata.com/company/global-tech-china-limited-08778087

if you go to sunsynk.org, you'll find that it is a brand held by global-tech china
Ok dude you are really reaching?
That is a company profile link, it offer no information on what IP's they hold.

So that's it, you really have nothing after shooting off your mouth:rolleyes:

I doubt it as well however it will entirely depend on the terms and conditions of sale.
They cannot shut off a grey market product. It would be illegal to do so. They can only go after the seller not the buyer.

They cannot shut off a grey market product. It would be illegal to do so. They can only go after the seller not the buyer.
Tesla has disabled functions on their EVs when sold on to subsequent owners. But I suspect we are talking about different things and it's a distraction to our popcorn eating on this thread.

Tesla has disabled functions on their EVs when sold on to subsequent owners. But I suspect we are talking about different things and it's a distraction to our popcorn eating on this thread.
I Love Tesla EV's and Powerwalls but cannot stand the contract that they seem to have the owners sign.

Oh yes that Sun 1000gtil2 has so much in common with the sol-Ark 8K, how could I have ever mixed it up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I already replied to that gtil2 Grid Tie Inverter. It's not a hybrid Inverter! It's not even a good grid tie Inverter, it's still sold on Amazon for $400.

https://www.deyeinverter.com/about/company-profile.html

Ok so what am I looking at on page 2? They say they launched a Hybrid Inverter but it's not for sale on their website in 2017 or 2018 or 2019!!! What happened to it? It's Vaporware! Lots of companies claim they are launching a new product and it never see's the light of day. Go Sign up for a Tesla Bot I am sure you will get one next year:p
Forgive me I might be slow, but what’s your point. Are you implying that SolArk is not made by Deye? Isn’t it already a proven fact that Deye makes them and they are sold as SolArk in the USA. SolArk does change a few things and some features..
I think houseofancients is simply saying how it all started. It was the GTIL2s that are grid tie inverters that can use a low voltage battery. There wasn’t any other inverters that could do that. The GTIL2S has settings for battery voltage cutoff and reboot and a limiter. They are not true hybrid but can use batteries and are grid tied. (They are good little units btw) The GTIL2 could use batteries but not power loads offgrid so there was a need to make that happen. Then came true hybrid inverters that could do grid tie and offgrid. Way I understand is Deye took over GTIL2 and started making true hybrid inverters and were the first to do so. No I don’t have proof. That’s just the way I have seen it happen through the years from everything I read

Last edited:
Forgive me I might be slow, but what’s your point. Are you implying that SolArk is not made by Deye? Isn’t it already a proven fact that Deye makes them and they are sold as SolArk in the USA. SolArk does change a few things and some features..
I think houseofancients is simply saying how it all started. It was the GTIL2s that are grid tie inverters that can use a low voltage battery. There wasn’t any other inverters that could do that. The GTIL2S has settings for battery voltage cutoff and reboot and a limiter. They are not true hybrid but can use batteries and are grid tied. (They are good little units btw) The GTIL2 could use batteries but not power loads offgrid so there was a need to make that happen. Then came true hybrid inverters that could do grid tie and offgrid. Way I understand is Deye took over GTIL2 and started making true hybrid inverters and we’re the first to do so. No I don’t have proof. That’s just the way I have seen it happen through the years from everything I read
Nobody is disputing that Sol-Ark inverters are made by Deye!
The question is who designed the Sol-Ark 8K which is a true Hybrid inverter and has almost nothing in common with the GTIL2 design. The CEO of Sol-Ark has publicly stated that they designed the Inverter and from what I am told by Sol-Ark employees the very first units were built in the USA but later the design and manufacturing was sent over to China in a shared partnership with Deye. If you doubt the written word of the CEO of Sol-Ark then you can look at their website snapshots from 2018 using the Wayback machine and see that they did indeed have the 8K unit from back in April 2018. If you also look at Deye's website they did not have that same cloned version of the Sol-Ark 8K until late 2019 and for sale in early 2020. Can we put this to rest, the historical proof is all on the Wayback machine.

The question is who designed the Sol-Ark 8K which is a true Hybrid inverter and has almost nothing in common with the GTIL2 design. The CEO of Sol-Ark has publicly stated that they designed the Inverter and from what I am told by Sol-Ark employees the very first units were built in the USA but later the design and manufacturing was sent over to China in a shared partnership with Deye. If you doubt the written word of the CEO of Sol-Ark then you can look at their website snapshots from 2018 using the Wayback machine and see that they did indeed have the 8K unit from back in April 2018. If you also look at Deye's website they did not have that same cloned version of the Sol-Ark 8K until late 2019 and for sale in early 2020. Can we put this to rest, the historical proof is all on the Wayback machine.
The hybrid version seems to have almost always been white label/odm and sold via others names...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200619-153627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-153627_Chrome.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210519-201002_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-201002_Chrome.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 28
Most inverters are designed somewhere and then sent where it’s cheapest to manufacture them. I’d assume SolArk basically designed/made an inverter similar to the Deye hybrid but with extra options for the USA. Then allowed China to make it because it’s cheapest there. Of course the sun GTI (later GTIL2) doesn’t look like a Deye hybrid or SolArk. There was ALOT of things that needed to be added which basically made a completely different looking inverter.

Last edited:
Most inverters are designed somewhere and then sent where it’s cheapest to manufacture them. I’d assume SolArk basically designed/made an inverter similar to the Deye hybrid but with extra options for the USA. Then allowed China to make it because it’s cheapest there. Of course the sun GTIL (later GTIL2) doesn’t look like a Deye hybrid or SolArk. There was ALOT of things that needed to be added which basically made a completely different looking inverter.
Those pictures of Deyes you are showing appeared 18 months after Sol-Ark already displayed their 8K unit for sale.
Why on Earth do you assume that Sol-Ark made an Inverter similar to a Deye when all the Evidence points to Sol-Ark having their Inverter design out long before Deye. You can also find an interesting video from THREE Years Ago where Engineer775 explains that the Sol-Ark 8K was designed by Sol-Ark with a lot of features suggested by him to the Sol-Ark engineering team.

Your close to solark engineers....ask them to give the ip and patent numbers.... lets just forget about when pictures were posted by who and when since we have you as an inside man....

Those pictures of Deyes you are showing appeared 18 months after Sol-Ark already displayed their 8K unit for sale.
Why on Earth do you assume that Sol-Ark made an Inverter similar to a Deye when all the Evidence points to Sol-Ark having their Inverter design out long before Deye. You can also find an interesting video from THREE Years Ago where Engineer775 explains that the Sol-Ark 8K was designed by Sol-Ark with a lot of features suggested by him to the Sol-Ark engineering team.

this post was about SolArk needing a serious change..
the start of the technology for hybrids started back in the 90s. I’m sure China made hybrids way before SolArk. SolArk wanted an inverter made with better options for the USA. The SolArk being made in China makes it difficult for the “serious change” to happen.

Back