diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel for taylor dunn cart/golf cart

Batteries in series don't add Ah.
So, total Ah for all batteries in series is the listed Ah on one battery.
I wouldn't use unmatched batteries in series... the bigger one will throw off the charging, and you will blow out or kill the others...

Hey
Thanks for info it makes it a bit clearer . does anyone know where i can get some cheap but good deap cycle batteries . I need 4 but my price limite is around 200 to 300 euros (i'm in france ) because solar system will cost around 200 to 300 euros as well .

Thanks for the help .

Currently Euro to USD is almost 1 to 1 so, ~$300 USD to build a 48v battery pack.. You're not going to get a ton of capacity for that, but it's POSSIBLE here in the USA with Walmart Value line batteries which are ~$69/ea (you'd need 4). When buying regular old lead acid batteries you can basically go by weight because it's such 'settled' technology that any two flooded batteries of equal weight will have similar capacity and a heavier one will have more! So the heaviest $69 battery walmart sells is a Group 65 @47lbs. They also sell a group 24 'marine' battery for $75 but it's only 39lbs. Those two would probably be the best repeatable anytime/anywhere $300 48v lead acid pack i could come up with here in the united states.

If you don't have access to a source as cheap as that, you wouldn't really be able to do any better than the ~50ah batteries you already have, and since those are already working i probably would just save that $300 until the budget grows a bit to buy something that's a real upgrade. Right now $300 will just get you more of what you already have. If you have room to parallel a whole second string of car batteries in there then you could do that, but if there's not room for that i would just keep the existing batts and save more money for the next round of upgrade.

My .02

Hey
Thanks for info it makes it a bit clearer . does anyone know where i can get some cheap but good deap cycle batteries . I need 4 but my price limite is around 200 to 300 euros (i'm in france ) because solar system will cost around 200 to 300 euros as well .

Thanks for the help .
Not being sarcastic, have you tried to google different terms like "used boat batteries" and "used golf cart batteries" or "battery recycling". You might find a shop that sells used deep cycle batteries.

Or again, not being sarcastic. Do you know any fisherman? They might tell you where they buy marine batteries for their boats.

Not being sarcastic, have you tried to google different terms like "used boat batteries" and "used golf cart batteries" or "battery recycling". You might find a shop that sells used deep cycle batteries.

Or again, not being sarcastic. Do you know any fisherman? They might tell you where they buy marine batteries for their boats.
Oh, I wouldn’t buy anything from a fisherman… “THIS BIG” stories could apply to batteries too!

It might be the only time its good to find lead weights in the bellys!

Another search to try is "tractor supply".
For the OP situation some used deep cycles would be sweet.

...your set up is so cool exactly what i want to do for mine but on a taylor dunn and using car batteries . Could you send me links to your if poss ? How fast does it charge your batteries ? How did you make your frame for tilting ?
For the PVC tilt mount I first edge-bolted the panels to hold them in alignment. Then cut a PVC frame to match the panel holes. For strength I only bolted through the glued fittings as the double-wall prevented compression or cracking. I used nylocks for all nuts so they stay tight.

The only trick for the tilt design was the threaded male pipe adapter, where the thread OD happened to perfectly slip-fit inside the tee ID allowing the panel to move. The tee was secured to the cart roof, and the threaded adapters bolted to the panels.

If you live in the north of France, my charge times in the south of Texas will be irrelevant. I get tons more sun than you.

Attachments

• panel mount.jpg
    panel mount.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
hey
thanks for the replys i will look later . just one question : if golf cart batteries dont add up ah or a then could i just get a 48v 300ah battery then would it be more because golf cart batteries are 260ah ?
thanks

Hey
Looks great and sounds great . where can i find one though ? and how much ?

I have found a 180w 36v solar panel for 50 euros (second hand ) the mark trina solar . is that any good for the moment ?

thanks

hey
it says voltage 44.2v . plus i can run my truck on 36v or 48v .
Thanks

Attachments

• c6300a4d6bb2f72fcd82e3ac253d79382b0a67f0.jpg
    c6300a4d6bb2f72fcd82e3ac253d79382b0a67f0.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 8
hey
thanks for the photo . sorry couldn't see properply on original . are exide sprinter EX12V3000 12V 92.8 deep cycle batteries or car batteries ?
thanks .sorry if i'm annoying you guys .

Hey guys
what about 2 of these to make 360w ? and mppt controller and 3 hankook 110 ah batteries . Does anyone know anything about jc solar ? any good?
Thanks guys for the help hopefuly will be done soon and i won't bother you anymore .

Attachments

• 4465ac152e47c43488327309352f0bdc4882f55b.jpg
    4465ac152e47c43488327309352f0bdc4882f55b.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 6
The basic idea of it is just fine. I don't know anything about JC solar but for me personally i think brand only really matters if its a new panel with some kind of warranty. Once its out of warranty i don't really think brand matters anymore if the panels currently work and the price was right. Just my .02.

Back