diy solar

diy solar

Solarhome 300 Watt 24 Volt Monocrystalline Black frame Solar Panel - anyone test this?

e97

$135 for a 300W monocrystalline - is this legit? anyone try this?

edit:

mfg # is : BSM300M-60

looks to be Blue Sun solar panels

The surface area vs power rating is believable*, but that doesn't mean it actually does it of course and there are more things to consider than just power output such as will it actually last more than 5 years.

*1648x 990 / 300 = 0.00018, well known quality brand mono panels range from 0.00018 - 0.00022 in my experience.

Reactions: e97
The surface area vs power rating is believable*, but that doesn't mean it actually does it of course and there are more things to consider than just power output such as will it actually last more than 5 years.

*1648x 990 / 300 = 0.00018, well known quality brand mono panels range from 0.00018 - 0.00022 in my experience.

thats a neat metric to gut check datasheets!

looks like efficiency. surface area / power x (energy in sunlight / per unit area)

Found these on SantanSolar: CSUN310-60M-BB 310W @ $140 https://store.santansolar.com/product/csun-310w/

They look nearly the same to the BSM300M-60 but they are not UL 1703 certified.

The Blue Sun BSM300M-60 say they are UL 1703 listed, going to check for certification since I'll have to submit it with the permit application.

Also curious about the Mission Solar 310W @ $135 https://store.santansolar.com/product/mission-solar-310w/ , they say they are new but grade B, wonder if the mfg warranty applies - emailed to ask. They are Made in USA which is nice and UL 1703.

Bluesun / Solarhome sent the UL 1703 certificate quickly. Waiting to hear back on certificate verification.

SanTan solar says no mfg warranty but they provide a 1 year warranty.

Anyone know of new panels better than $0.45/watt ? What about used panels?

Bluesun / Solarhome sent the UL 1703 certificate quickly. Waiting to hear back on certificate verification.

SanTan solar says no mfg warranty but they provide a 1 year warranty.

Anyone know of new panels better than $0.45/watt ? What about used panels?

Sure, same vendor with used panels for $0.22/watt, manufacturer label (presumably UL) still intact:

But under "additional information" it says "Off-Grid", which I though was used for no UL label; ask for clarification. He did not say "off-grid" under description, so that may have been a mistake.
Tell him how many you're interested in, ask what price he'll let you have them for.
Freight shipment of a pallet is probably between $150 and $300, so one or more pallets of about 25 panels each is the best deal.

Reactions: e97
Got the UL 1703 certificate verified!

I'll follow up on the Canadian Solar - if they can be used On-grid, on-roof seems like a potential deal..

Back