diy solar

diy solar

Solis Inverter Grid Connection Type

simonstroud

Hi, had this installed a few weeks ago, and noticed in the settings, the installer has left "Grid Connection Type" setting to "Entire Energy Exported". Looking at the help text, it's unclear what the operational differences are between these settings, however it feels "Surplus Energy Exported" is more appropriate for me, as I only want to feed out to the grid as the last resort. I have a 6kW battery on my system connected to the inverter.

Anyone know more about the differences?

Thanks

Hi, I too am interested in the answerto this query. The default at the time of my install was set at "Entire Energy to Grid" which I definitely don't want to do given I'm not setup to SEG yet so I've changed it to "Surplus Energy to Grid" as i feel this is more appropriate. Silly there is nothing in the manual about the different modes!

Things are even more crazy in Solis land, as my webUI (however not my app), is now showing a new design. What is the "Grid Side" thing? Anyone know?

1676373943071.png

Grid Side is your household load. It used to be the bottom circle. The new bottom one is supposed to be the Backup circuit load, which you probably haven't even got connected. Solis are messing around with the app and website. They're trying to fix some of the figures and breaking other things in the process. My battery power on the graphs suddenly jumped from 310W to 31kW last night.

Give it time and it will change again.

I turned the backup power option off on the inverter settings. There was an audible clink as a relay disengaged - now there is definitely no drain from the system into that circuit, and the additional load isnt displayed in the cloud.

Glad you got that fixed, at least. I do use my backup circuit and I don't get that extra circle.

My inverted has been set to Entire Energy to Grid since 2018. I went through all the settings I could find on the inverter but I can't see any options to change to Surplus Energy to Grid. Can anyone help?

As far as I can see...
The Grid Connection Type is just for reporting classification purposes. The soliscloud Monitoring system manual refers to it saying that you can filter your reports to pick out different types of plant. This is for commercial operations that have a mix of solar farms and mixed installations etc.
It has no affect on the operation of the system.
The option is found in the Plant Information settings.

Back