diy solar

diy solar

Sorotec REVO II 5,5Kw / EASUN( AXPERT/POWLAND) IGRID VE II 5,5KW

für das Lademanagement ist der Wechselrichter zuständig, das BMS überwacht die Zellen. Das sind zwei unabhängige Prozesse, dazu müssen WR und BMS nicht kommunizieren.

Hi Guys

for REVO II series 5.5Kw. On/off grid
My question is ;if i using AC+PV mode, can i use output load more than 5.5 kw? . Because my house total load using about 7.5kw. Thanks

My question is ;if i using AC+PV mode, can i use output load more than 5.5 kw? . Because my house total load using about 7.5kw. Thanks
this can be found at the 2nd answer in this topic:
They are 5.5KW units but will provide more power than that. When it gets hot outside my central air units will kick on and the total load between 2 units, shop and house is over 13,000 watts. They provide the load but of course beeping and warning indicator of overload.

Question to the Revo owners:
I am thinking about buying a Revo 5.5k

I am going to build a new solar system which I am planing at this moment. It will be something like this, on the ground but with 9x 380 watts
solar.jpg

But I am uncertain with some facts
- I am reading several times that the Revo has problems when working without batteries, but I am not sure if this still occures when working in parallel with other units and when working in Offgrid-Mode.

For me I want the Revo to work as single unit and in On-Grid mode just as a Grid tie inverter.

- can the output power limited via software?

- in the datasheet there is a point "surge - 11.000 watts" and I think this should mean "maximum solar power - 11.000 watts". Is this correct?

Hi friends. I have owned this inverter for a few days. I didn't test. I read everything but I don't understand clearly. I want to use without batteries. I want to consume grid and voltaic panels at the same time. Can this inverter not deliver anything on the grid ??? IGrid VE II 5.5KW-WIFI

Hi, can you show me how the monitoring with jblance on rpi and Revo works.
I don´t know how tu set up the RPI.
It is posible to control the REVO II with jblance to switch between on and offdrid-mode?
No. This inverter doesnt allow any modifications by software. it must be done in the touch screen.

I am going to build a new solar system which I am planing at this moment. It will be something like this, on the ground but with 9x 380 watts
View attachment 87501

- I am reading several times that the Revo has problems when working without batteries, but I am not sure if this still occures when working in parallel with other units and when working in Offgrid-Mode.

For me I want the Revo to work as single unit and in On-Grid mode just as a Grid tie inverter.

- in the datasheet there is a point "surge - 11.000 watts" and I think this should mean "maximum solar power - 11.000 watts". Is this correct?
No 11000wats it the peak ac power for a very limited amout of time.

Hi Guys

for REVO II series 5.5Kw. On/off grid
No. the 5.5kw is the max operating AC power. You can peak that but only for a few second till the inverter shuts down. for 7.5kw you hate to parallel 2 units, to 11kw. ( must be the same software version or the parallel will not work.

View attachment 87501

Grid limiter will only work with the external CT, and the correct operating mode. The PV must be arround 350volts. I never got it to work consistently without a battery conected, but i found if you enable AC charge of battery it will be more consistent.

I also read that the load must be arround 500W for the limited to work, but i have not tested it.

If you what a ongrid system you have a bether inverters, Growatt SPH, Solax, and many more that have zero export and work great. Also a few of them have the options to be hybrid and attach a battery if you want like growatt SPH models.

I Bought the REVO thinking that it would use the batery if it was ongrid enabled, but the inverter in that mode ( AC+PV ) with battery, only acts as an UPS, if you lose grid the battery kick in.

This is a Offgrid Hibrid, that as the advantage if you have a battery issue and need to disconect, you still can use the ongrid and mix the AC+PV power.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
maybe someone can help me with IGrid VE II 3K. Device is just purchased. all works like aliexpres products. :(

My question is:
There is any possibility change inverter modes (switching between AC mode -> Battery mode and back) via USB from computer or raspberry?
I need scheduled switching between those modes.
Will be very appriciate for any help.
Thank you in advance!
I have iGrid VE II 5.5 Kw and it is possible configure almost all settings programmatically via serial connection. So far, I haven't found a way to reconfigure PV capacity, Peak and Valley, CT sensor calibration. But I don't need change these values dynamically. Thus if you are able to communicate from Raspberry Pi with your iGrid VE II 3k (read values), it could be possible as well. I personally integrated my inverters into the smart home system and dynamically control all parameters including mode depending on the system needs. I haven't connected it directly to my Raspberry Pi but via intermediary components MAX232, ESP12F (own firmware on ESP 8266 implementing MQTT connection via WiFi with my MQTT broker running on Raspberry Pi). Raspberry Pi isn't in the RS232 cable limit distance to the inverters. The main brain of the system is in Raspberry Pi, but some critical functions like safety protection for system overloading is running locally in ESP 8266 to avoid failures in case that WiFi, MQTT or Raspberry Pi is not available. I've already burned many IGBTs, MOSFETs and driver circuits on the main board due to inverter overloads. I control turn off big loads, or at extreme case disconnect the whole home electricity from the inverter using big contractors.

Hello,
Can anyone tell me what is the max PV current for iGrid VE II 5.5? Could I connect 12 PV panels with V_oc=42V, V_mpp=35V, I_MPP=10.8A, I_SC=11.4A? I guess that connecting them in series would not work due too high VOC=504V>500V(declared maximum). What about in two parallel strings, which would give ISC=22.8A? Does it support such high PV currents?
Thanks.

Hello,
Can anyone tell me what is the max PV current for iGrid VE II 5.5? Could I connect 12 PV panels with V_oc=42V, V_mpp=35V, I_MPP=10.8A, I_SC=11.4A? I guess that connecting them in series would not work due too high VOC=504V>500V(declared maximum). What about in two parallel strings, which would give ISC=22.8A? Does it support such high PV currents?
Thanks.
Sorotec said that is 20A

Reactions: PeR
I have 16 PV panels with V_oc=49.35V, I_sc=13.78A at STC (NOCT are 46.4V and 11.12A) in two parallel strings each having 8 PV panels in series connected to one iGrid VE II 5.5 and I don't observe any issues. I've noticed that MPPT tracker always searches for MPP from the open circuit PV voltage (very small current) to lower PV voltage (higher current). If there is enough high demand it automatically stop before reaching MPP when power from PV is close to 5500W. In my case U_pv=352V and I_pv=15.6A. I've never noticed that MPPT tracker goes to lower voltages and thus closer to 2 times I_sc. Theoretically, if panels few panels are covered and not generating anything, MPPT tracker use lower PV voltage which can cause a higher current after uncovering them until MPPT reacts. However, changing conditions due to clouds or shading is much smaller and MPPT adapts quickly.

But in the case above, the PV open circuit voltage is too low (252V). This implies that in order to reach maximum 5500 W it need PV current more than internal MPPT tracker fuse 20A (labeled as F1 before input EMI filter on the MPPT board).

Reactions: PeR
Hi, I unfortunately bought an inverter Easun Revo II
https://www.easunpower.com/products...rid-tied-touch-screen-inverter-with-ct-sensor
I cannot setup with SolarPower software.
Also I think the MPPT have version problem V0.0.0 2000-00-00.
Any help wil be apreciated.
Have you connected it to PV array? MPPT board is self powered only and it is completely off if there is no PV voltage. In such case V0.0.0 2000-00-00 is reported. You should see MPPT comm timeout in the events.

Have you connected it to PV array? MPPT board is self powered only and it is completely off if there is no PV voltage. In such case V0.0.0 2000-00-00 is reported. You should see MPPT comm timeout in the events.
Thanks Dave21, I think they were disconnected. I will try after buying new panels, because I tried some used ones and returned them. I dont have PV array now.
I connected SolarPower software and after connection with inverter in the Device Control menu disapear MyPower Management option as You can see in the picture. when inverter is disconected apears MyPower option. Any idea?

Attachments

• No Power management.JPG
    No Power management.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Power Management disconected from inverter.JPG
    Power Management disconected from inverter.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Dave21, I think they were disconnected. I will try after buying new panels, because I tried some used ones and returned them. I dont have PV array now.
I connected SolarPower software and after connection with inverter in the Device Control menu disapear MyPower Management option as You can see in the picture. when inverter is disconected apears MyPower option. Any idea?
The inverter with graphical LCD has communication port connected to display board. The board doesn't use configuration commands supported by SolarPower software. Only read operations of well known parameters work for this inverter.

Due to difficulty ordering revo ii and revo iii, am looking for alternative inverters to buy that are similar to the revo ii series, touchscreen and easy display of energy movement on the screen , plus robust data logging.

can someone recommend an inverter that would be suitable?

Hello. Please help and advice.
I insallled a REVO II 5.5Kw with 8 PV and 2 lithium batteries. The problem i have is that the batteries don't charge even when i have a low load. When i have 500Watt load the input from PV is about 500Watt. When i increase the load, the input power from PV increases to be the same like the load, and when i decrease the load the input power from PV decreases even my batteries are 30%.
However when i cut off the output breaker (i cut off the electricity from home) the input power from PV increases and charges the batteries.

Also when i have electricity from the generator the batteries charges normally!!!!

Hello. Please help and advice.
I insallled a REVO II 5.5Kw with 8 PV and 2 lithium batteries. The problem i have is that the batteries don't charge even when i have a low load. When i have 500Watt load the input from PV is about 500Watt. When i increase the load, the input power from PV increases to be the same like the load, and when i decrease the load the input power from PV decreases even my batteries are 30%.
However when i cut off the output breaker (i cut off the electricity from home) the input power from PV increases and charges the batteries.

Also when i have electricity from the generator the batteries charges normally!!!!
What is your work mode?

AC
Solar
Battery
AC+ PV (Solar)
???

Usually the last setting AC + PV works best

Back