diy solar

diy solar

Surviving on a short bus

I would second the wood heat. I would consider a small watts exhaust blower and go for a small stove and good heat extraction. You could survive burning cardboard. You can use simpler tubing for the flue gases. I have built wood heaters that use PVC for the exhaust. You can get an inducer blower scraped from a furnace that uses maybe 60 watts
Or just use a small fan.

go with a wood stove and vent it out the window somehow.
it will kill you, fit a proper flue pipe through the roof.
it seems you are new to this and lack experience and skills. get help from professionals.

If you do a wood burner, definitely run it up and through the roof. Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector that is always on in your van.
Cabon Monoxide can put you to sleep forever - aka DEAD.
Checkout the wood burners that they make for boats/yachts. They have it figured out.

Cubic mini, floor or wall mount.
Mine is on the wall.
Have diesel heater as well
If you do a wood burner, definitely run it up and through the roof. Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector that is always on in your van.
Cabon Monoxide can put you to sleep forever - aka DEAD.
Checkout the wood burners that they make for boats/yachts. They have it figured out.

I'm more of a prepper mindset, so I have 2 heating options ( and a spare diesel heater of course ha).
I live in a rental grid spot, trailer build is for.. well, for any need when my money/job etc goes away.
Homeless streetlife is a lousy survival strategy

Back