diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

This new My Solark is not working correctly.
I can view my system fine one moment and then check it a while later and nothing displays.
Right now it shows my system online but the graphs have zero data.

The power local power company is changing a nearby pole, and cut power to our property. MySolark did NOT send a power outage notification. All notification settings in my phone are correct. I can see there is no grid power, but unlike PVPro, I did not get a notification. Another bug/glitch?

The power local power company is changing a nearby pole, and cut power to our property. MySolark did NOT send a power outage notification. All notification settings in my phone are correct. I can see there is no grid power, but unlike PVPro, I did not get a notification. Another bug/glitch?
It's never worked for me with powerview, so I'm not expecting it to work with Mysolark.
Solar Assistant is adding notification shortly, so once again, SA to the rescue.

I am also having issues with MySolArk 2.0, my plant keeps going on and offline for seemingly no reason. The gateway will be online, the inverter will be online, but the plant will show as offline. Sometimes there will not be any visual power flow in the animation and others there will be, + data cutoff for the offline periods. The system seems to disconnect about every 20 minutes and no data is logged when this happens.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this and if I should investigate further or attribute it to the migration pains?

Attachments

• service.png
    service.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 7
  • service2.png
    service2.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
  • service3.png
    service3.png
    39 KB · Views: 7
I always got notifications through Powerview. "name of plant" is disconnected from grid, then, "name of plant" is reconnected to grid.
Yeah, I never had one issue with Powerview.
24/7 Powerview always worked for me

My Solark is horrible so far
I get readings one time then the next time I look, there are no readings or they are hours old and I cannot get a current reading..

Only sporadic data being reported in My Solark. Reported to Sol-Ark. They upgraded the firmware on the wifi adapter. No improvement. Follow-up response (June 19): "We have known issues for various reporting on the platform, and we are working to get those resolved thank you for your patience."

I wonder what the timeframe is for reporting. Does power have to be out a certain length of time?
I lost power 6X last night from a lightning, but each was just a flash, inverter took over each time for just a minute, the time it takes to cut back in.

Does that data transfer include the days during the transfer?
Also, the data for E-Today on the plant screen seems to be reporting consumption, not PV production. Is this a known issue and is it being worked on? Inverter numbers for the day appear to be correct, month is still off, but nowhere near as off as the month total on the plant screen.
To my knowledge it will be a complete transfer of your historical data. We chose to migrate the actual inverters and migrate the data later.

All of a sudden, without me doing a single thing (decided from the beginning that I was going to wait a month before trying to change any settings or contacting support), the data in the new app and https://solarkcloud.com is much more complete and looks a lot better, though it is still not as good as it was with PV Pro (i.e., not yet every 5 minutes, but getting closer). The data has much more frequent data points starting yesterday afternoon. This is reassuring, for now I'll just wait some more.

I was not aware of this address - https://solarkcloud.com
I have been using this one - https://www.mysolark.com

The cloud site is actually showing data for my power graph and the energy generation graph at 5 to 10 minute intervals.

Where as the other site only shows the energy generation graph and is way behind in it's updates many times when I have viewed it.

Edit: Ok, I spoke too soon. As I typed this the cloud site power graph now has no data. WTH is going on?

The cloud site is actually showing data for my power graph and the energy generation graph at 5 to 10 minute intervals.

Where as the other site only shows the energy generation graph and is way behind in it's updates many times when I have viewed it.

Edit: Ok, I spoke too soon. As I typed this the cloud site power graph now has no data. WTH is going on?
Opened both up, there's absolutely no difference between the two for me.

I wonder what the timeframe is for reporting. Does power have to be out a certain length of time?
I lost power 6X last night from a lightning, but each was just a flash, inverter took over each time for just a minute, the time it takes to cut back in.
Normally PView would send a power outage alert even if the power glitched for a fraction of a second.
Basically anything that made it disconnect from the grid caused an alert.
Yesterday I had a 3 hour power outage and MySolArk sent out no notifications.
I also got no notification when the power returned.

If you keep watching this thing you are going to be like a Dog chasing it's tail.
They are literally taking it offline at points to do work and then putting it online to check stuff.
This system will probably be unstable for a few more weeks.

Last edited:
If you keep watching this thing you are going to be like a Dog chasing it's tale.
They are literally taking it offline at points to do work and then putting ti online to check stuff.
This system will probably be unstable for few more weeks.
Sure would be nice if someone notified me about that?

Then I would have known this.

Sol-Ark has my email
What is so difficult about updating customers with info?

BTW, I am only checking my battery levels and solar input like I did on PV View

Sure would be nice if someone notified me about that?

Then I would have known this.

Sol-Ark has my email
What is so difficult about updating customers with info?

BTW, I am only checking my battery levels and solar input like I did on PV View
They sent out several email notifications over the last few weeks.

I got back from a two week vacation and my TOU values changed. This is the second time but this time I do not know the exact date between when I left on June 7th and returned on yesterday, June 22nd. I know I can check them on Solar Assistant but I just looked at production while I was gone. We also had a fire thirty miles north and there were some days that the smoke in our valley reduced solar production.
As far as I can tell the daily data is good and I can change TOU settings. I have not checked historical data and plan to do that after the planned data migration date of June 28th.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back