diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

robby

Photon Vampire
I just noticed that they have released the "My Sol-Ark" App to the Apple App Store.
I downloaded it and made a replica of my original account login but it will not allow me to connect the Inverter to it just yet.
I had heard that they planned on having the Migration finished within weeks not months, so I guess it's starting to happen.
While I am looking forward to all of this I must admit that I am very happy with current setup and I am old, so I hate change :LOL: .
The Source of this software is the same as Powerview but much of it has been rewritten by Sol-Ark software programmers to be more compatible with Sol-Ark models and they have dumped all of the Stuff that does not relate to Sol-Ark or SA future plans.

Those who wanted their data on US servers with a US App and a US Web Portal will soon be very happy.

I just noticed that they have released the "My Sol-Ark" App to the Apple App Store.
I downloaded it and made a replica of my original account login but it will not allow me to connect the Inverter to it just yet.
I had heard that they planned on having the Migration finished within weeks not months, so I guess it's starting to happen.
While I am looking forward to all of this I must admit that I am very happy with current setup and I am old, so I hate change :LOL: .
The Source of this software is the same as Powerview but much of it has been rewritten by Sol-Ark software programmers to be more compatible with Sol-Ark models and they have dumped all of the Stuff that does not relate to Sol-Ark or SA future plans.

Those who wanted their data on US servers with a US App and a US Web Portal will soon be very happy.
I DL it also but not at my house so can’t read the QR codes for the inverters.

I will when I get back tonight and see if anything happens.

GUI looks the same.

I DL it also but not at my house so can’t read the QR codes for the inverters.

I will when I get back tonight and see if anything happens.

GUI looks the same.
It won't recognize the QR code. It seems like the AWS server is rejecting any code other than those on the Beta tester list.
I think a lot of the GUI will be the same as PV-Pro. I expect there will be some bugs for the first month or so but in the end we should get a better App and Web Portal.

I did that then it wouldn’t let me log in so I clicked forget password and reentered my password and good to go. Might have been my fat fingers

It won't recognize the QR code. It seems like the AWS server is rejecting any code other than those on the Beta tester list.
I think a lot of the GUI will be the same as PV-Pro. I expect there will be some bugs for the first month or so but in the end we should get a better App and Web Portal.
Yea when I got home I tried to create a plant and it said invalid Sn and key so obviously not online for everyone yet.

Mine allowed me to use the old Account Login and Password but it won't take the QR scan.
I am just going to wait until they say something on the migration, as I do not want to lose my archived data.

I got login but tried to manually enter SN but got stymied by "Registration Key" when I tried to enter manually.? It is not the login code. The scanner just timed out.

I got login but tried to manually enter SN but got stymied by "Registration Key" when I tried to enter manually.? It is not the login code. The scanner just timed out.

I suspect that before we can use the new system they are going to update the Dongle Firmware with the new IP info for AWS.

Registration key is on the side of my dongle below Serial Number but it wouldn’t accept manual or QR code..

Talked to SolArk about it and they said only beta testers can use the app.
It also seems like they have a web portal that is in use.
If all goes well we will be contacted in batches to make the update and move.

I noticed that they are now promoting the App on their website.
I wonder if they are now allowing customers to migrate?

I had to down grade to PV-Pro 3.8.1 this morning, I upgraded to 3.8.2 yesterday and this morning the app was all in Chinese or something I couldn't read.

Upgraded again and all is well, so far.

Did it again, I could limp through some German, but lost in that hen scratching.

Back to 3.8.1 on Android.

The new app still would not take my SN and Key. I don't have enough meaningful history to worry about migration. I would rather learn a new app than learn the old app. In the meantime Solar Assistant works for me but does not allow me to tweak all the settings. As @robby mentioned to me in the beginning I am familiarizing myself with the screen on the SolArk to make setting changes.

The new app still would not take my SN and Key. I don't have enough meaningful history to worry about migration. I would rather learn a new app than learn the old app. In the meantime Solar Assistant works for me but does not allow me to tweak all the settings. As @robby mentioned to me in the beginning I am familiarizing myself with the screen on the SolArk to make setting changes.
Solar Assistant allows me to change most, if not all settings on my 12k? Does it not work for you?

Solar Assistant allows me to change most, if not all settings on my 12k? Does it not work for you?
Yes Solar Assistant works, and especially for TOU times. I am new to the SolArk and Solar assistant and it may be my unfamiliarity with all the settings and their interrelationships, but I have had some situations where something else has changed which I did not plan on changing. It could be fat fingered user error but I am more cautious now. Actually I have not figured out why, but I was using Batt % for a few weeks and then something I did caused it to go to Batt V and I now can't change it back. I am in the process of implementing my external CTs and for the time being focusing on that and the implications of that, especially with my EV charging loads that will be picked up by the external CTs. I do some charging of my stationary pack late at night but do not want to charge my EV from that pack when I get the external CTs implemented.

Yes Solar Assistant works, and especially for TOU times. I am new to the SolArk and Solar assistant and it may be my unfamiliarity with all the settings and their interrelationships, but I have had some situations where something else has changed which I did not plan on changing. It could be fat fingered user error but I am more cautious now. Actually I have not figured out why, but I was using Batt % for a few weeks and then something I did caused it to go to Batt V and I now can't change it back. I am in the process of implementing my external CTs and for the time being focusing on that and the implications of that, especially with my EV charging loads that will be picked up by the external CTs. I do some charging of my stationary pack late at night but do not want to charge my EV from that pack when I get the external CTs implemented.
Gotcha. I've had some funny business go on with mine as well. Like some things aren't labeled correctly, like in the "Energy" tab, which is TOU tab on the SolArk, the "Grid Charge" checkbox is actually the "Sell" box on the Sol Ark.

It works though. Just a little annoying.

Back