diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

I just got installed this week. It has to be on PV Pro right now which I am not happy about. www.mysolark.com works but you can't create a plant and add your wifi dongle. It wont accept it. @Devin wish we could get a solution here so we aren't routing data through foreign apps and servers.

Solar-assistant is still better for my needs. The only reason I need PV (or the new app) is for firmware updates.
I like the data from Solar Assistant but would like a remote way to change parameters instead of going to the garage and going through the screens. When I started on my SolArk adventure four months ago @robby did give me some advice to get familiar with the screens on the SolArk and I have followed that advice and it has been helpful. It does look like at the high level that I was able to access the new app, it may resemble the current PV Pro web access so I guess I can be patient and let them work out the bugs.

Last edited:
There was an announcement last fall that Sol-Ark will introduce their own optimizers. Will this new App be required to deploy the optimizers? I have a 15K estimated to be installed end of June. I'd like to have optimizers that are on the Sol-Ark platform.

edit: The O900-80V optimizers are now on the Sol-Ark web site. There's no mention of monitoring, but I expect that will come with the new monitoring App.

Last edited:
I need rapid shutdown. I'm not sure about shading. We installed a 15K on a detached garage last year and it has morning shading issues (NH trees) from November through February. The installer for that system installed Tigo RSD only. The installer for my condo unit mentioned optimizers, but not in the quote. Yeah, I know about the smart loads panel that has yet to appear.

Yes the June install. He's talking Tigo. I was surprised that he considered optimizers. Tigo RSD only is less expensive.

Solar-assistant is still better for my needs. The only reason I need PV (or the new app) is for firmware updates.
Solar Assistant is a lot better for real-time data.
The powerview web portal is a lot better for archiving and graphing data. It is also very good for changing 90% of the setting remotely but as @Ampster said it is really important to be able to navigate the touch screen with confidence.

I still have all my data from day one safely stored in the cloud on PowerView and it is really cool to be able to see the trends in each month over almost 2 years. I lost a lot of my Data on Solar Assistant when the SD card crashed, so I no longer have faith in it for archiving data and also the graphing is very limited.
The best thing is to have both running and thank God I was finally able to do that and still keep my battery closed loop communications running.

It does look like at the high level that I was able to access the new app, it may resemble the current PV Pro web access so I guess I can be patient and let them work out the bugs.
I agree.
I am now spoiled by the reliability of Powerview so I am fine staying with it until Sol-Ark gets their version to be just as reliable.
I know some people are freaked out about the China data server thing. I am not one of them.
If I felt like the relationship between the countries had reached a point where War was possible (Eg Tiawan Invasion) then I would just pull the Dongle out.

BTW yes it is the Powerview Source code that they purchased so it will be very similar but they will be customizing it so it is more geared just towards Sol-Ark inverters and adding some settings that could not be accessed by the original Powerview.

Has anyone been able to use MySolArk yet? My system is being installed now, wondering which way to go.

Has anyone been able to use MySolArk yet? My system is being installed now, wondering which way to go.
Go with MySolArk if they give you the choice.
The only reason the rest of us have not been moved yet is because they are still working on the Data Migration software. Your starting fresh so no need to worry.

Go with MySolArk if they give you the choice.
The only reason the rest of us have not been moved yet is because they are still working on the Data Migration software. Your starting fresh so no need to worry.
Just asked support and got this:
"No, the MySolark app is not live yet. We will be notifying customers once the move is complete. We expect to transition later this month. "

Confirmed. I tried yesterday to add a plant to the mysolark app and it didn't work. SN Error.

That's interesting because I thought we were told all new Sol-Ark installations were being put on the USA based AWS servers.

Anyone heard any news on this? When I try to add a plant to the MySolark App I still get the SN Error as I assume the app is not live yet.

Back