diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

Have you guys called them? Maybe they just need to check a box on their end to allow it?

Have you guys called them? Maybe they just need to check a box on their end to allow it?
I haven't called. Been swamped with things. Will try to get to it this week unless someone else gets to it first.

Happy July 4th all!. Anybody got any updates on this?. Am keen to move over as soon as it seems to work....

IMO they have taken on to many projects at once.
The location move alone must have been a massive project and a major disruption and then they have the smart loads panel, the Micro Inverters, the optimizers and the software migration all happening at the same time.

IMO they have taken on to many projects at once.
The location move alone must have been a massive project and a major disruption and then they have the smart loads panel, the Micro Inverters, the optimizers and the software migration all happening at the same time.
And moving buildings

You can call tech support and see if they will allow you to join the Beta testing group.
I thought about doing it, but the fact that they are not confident in publicly releasing it made me nervous.
It’s not like PowerView has any issues and I do not care if my Data log is stored on a Chinese server.

I have learned the hard way that the saying "don’t fix it if it ain’t broke" loves to bite me in the rear!
My system has run 24/7 for 2 years with Zero issues.
I wish my utility company was that reliable.

Last edited:
Here is a reply to an update request I made of Carlos in another thread. Disappointing.
Well that is exactly why I stopped asking the question.
I have had this experience with several other companies and they are always the ones that are known for having super reliable equipment. I think a mental fear takes over that any mistake could shoot down their reputation, so they keep going at it for a long time.

I remember the lead guy on the James Web saying that at some point they just had to launch the telescope because they realized that the engineers were never going to admit that they were 100% confident in their work.

I am interested as well. In the meantime I use Solar Assistant and love the way it displays data.
Maybe this is why they aren't so hot to trot on getting this new system running, because so many people use other options, and nobody is yelling at them to hurry up and finish?

Happening very soon
I doubt that.
I am hearing dates several months from now.
I think the big problem for Sol-Ark is that when they bought the copy of the Source code for PowerView it was pretty much stagnant at the time.
Ever since then it's like Powerview realized they had a good product and went on an updating frenzy.
I would imagine that the Sol-Ark software guys are probably having a hard time keeping up with them much less passing them.
It's NOT going to be good for Sol-Ark if they say you have to switch to MySolArk by xx Date and people switch and find that it has less features and is buggy compared to Powerview.
I also heard some stuff about the Data Migration still being an issue. Who knows at this point!

Last edited:
So, are we still on Chinese servers, even though the Sol-Ark web site says the servers are in the USA?

@robby or anyone else....

Has anyone heard if there will be data points closer than every 5 minutes? Hopefully they will at least get every minute! Makes troubleshooting remotely kind of a pain sometimes, when you only have data points on a 5 minute basis. Or when you change a setting and need to wait 5 minutes to see if it took affect.... 2 hours later...... oh crap, I should check back into that Sol-Ark that I adjusted settings on!! ?

Has anyone heard if there will be data points closer than every 5 minutes?
That is better than the fifteen minute intervals I get from my Enphase Envoy. What I like about the SolArk and AC coupling my Enphase micros through it is I get faster updates on my micros as well. That is especially true when I use Solar Assistant to look at the data in real time.

@robby or anyone else....

Has anyone heard if there will be data points closer than every 5 minutes? Hopefully they will at least get every minute! Makes troubleshooting remotely kind of a pain sometimes, when you only have data points on a 5 minute basis. Or when you change a setting and need to wait 5 minutes to see if it took affect.... 2 hours later...... oh crap, I should check back into that Sol-Ark that I adjusted settings on!! ?
Last I spoke with one of their tech support reps, he said they were down to 15 seconds between updates.

Back