diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

That is better than the fifteen minute intervals I get from my Enphase Envoy. What I like about the SolArk and AC coupling my Enphase micros through it is I get faster updates on my micros as well. That is especially true when I use Solar Assistant to look at the data in real time.
Solar Assistant is awesome! I am using it on one of our jobs, and that gives me pretty much realtime data on what is happening!

Correct.
And I love Solar-assistant as well, I only hook up Sol-Ark wifi dongles when I need to update firmware.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I am more and more letting our customers know about Solar Assistant as well. I really like that you then have locally stored data points that will be available for review and/or troubleshooting, even if the internet goes down for a day or something!

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I am more and more letting our customers know about Solar Assistant as well. I really like that you then have locally stored data points that will be available for review and/or troubleshooting, even if the internet goes down for a day or something!
For real time monitoring I love SA, but it does nearly as good as Powerview when it comes to Graphing Data. I use both so I can get the best of both worlds.

@robby or anyone else....

Has anyone heard if there will be data points closer than every 5 minutes? Hopefully they will at least get every minute! Makes troubleshooting remotely kind of a pain sometimes, when you only have data points on a 5 minute basis. Or when you change a setting and need to wait 5 minutes to see if it took affect.... 2 hours later...... oh crap, I should check back into that Sol-Ark that I adjusted settings on!! ?
They were shooting for 30 seconds the last time I asked.

MySolArk is now the default system for all new Inverters being commissioned.
The update time is still 5 minutes. They say they won't be messing with that until they get some more data to see how the servers are holding up.
The plan is to be at 30 seconds.

Any of you able to migrate from PV pro to mysolark? Last time I tried, I couldn’t get it to register my WiFi module.

Any of you able to migrate from PV pro to mysolark? Last time I tried, I couldn’t get it to register my WiFi module.
Just registering etc won't work. They need to put your serial number in the system and migrate your data over to AWS first. You can ask them but I am not sure if they will make exceptions and migrate over an older customers.

Just registering etc won't work. They need to put your serial number in the system and migrate your data over to AWS first. You can ask them but I am not sure if they will make exceptions and migrate over an older customers.
I think it makes more sense to just rely on solar-assistant at this point. :(

The PV Pro app is ok but the website actually has a lot of information if you want that sort of thing.

Most people just use SA for quick peeks into their Solar..

Last edited:
Most people justice SA for quick peeks into there Solar..
Yes that was my initial desire, but now that I got used to it it has become my go to look into my system. I refrained from usinfg the PVPro app because I did not want to learn another interface if it was going away. I would still like to migrate to MySolArk, just because it is the latest. I can deal with bugs because my fallback is Solar Assistant or the screen on the inverter.

There is no way to set a lot of the Settings remotely using Solar Assistant.
Also the Graphing under PV Pro Website is Amazing. I can graph about 68 Parameters against each other.
I find SA Graphing to be kind of kludgy and limited.

The only way to access any settings on the Sol-Ark 15K is to remove the dongle and connect to the RS232 port.

Edit: The only way to access any settings in Solar Assistant with the Sol-Ark 15K is to remove the dongle and connect to the RS232 port.

Last edited:
The only way to access any settings on the Sol-Ark 15K is to remove the dongle and connect to the RS232 port.
When you are in closed communication mode some of the battery voltage settings come from the battery and may be blocked. As others have said, Solar Assistant and the screen lets you change many others. I am not sure how you even connect via the RS232 port if that is the same one that is used by your battery? The 15k may be different than the 12k in the labeling of those ports.

Settings for Deye/SunSynk/Sol-Ark
Are you using a splitter so you can access Solar Assistant and have closed communication at the same time. It is a special splitter not the typical Ethernet splitter. Search for RJ45 splitter on Amazon. I could not figure out how to post a link that was not an affialiate link.

Last edited:
Are you using a splitter so you can access Solar Assistant and have closed communication at the same time. It is a special splitter not the typical Ethernet splitter. Search for RJ45 splitter on Amazon. I could not figure out how to post a link that was not an affialiate link.
Oh, I don't have Solar Assistant. I would like better than 5 minute resolution and l was looking into it.

Back